IGNORED

Bournemouth wobbling?

Mr Popodopolous

Not suggesting it'd be us but then again,who among the chasing pack is looking notably strong and consistent?

Nobody, as it happens. Stoke have been stalling, Middlesbrough seem fine away but have lost at home, 3 on the bounce without so much as a goal scored.

As for Bournemouth, thusfar they haven't rolled the dice in the market- quite the reverse in fact, check their Transfer Activity in 2020/21. Big downsizing to date- perhaps Howe couldn't adjust to that necessity 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

What for, for 4 months.  Coming to us in the summer, as Holden was a temporary appointment. ???

?

Or Rovers 

At least one Gashead last night wondered whether he was ‘Up for a challenge’ if they got rid of Tisdale (Another one who has been touted by some , unbelievably , for our job , before)

4 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

?

Or Rovers 

At least one Gashead last night wondered whether he was ‘Up for a challenge’ if they got rid of Tisdale (Another one who has been touted by some , unbelievably , for our job , before)

Not one for sticking up for Rovers managers as i find it hilarious what’s going on down there - however they could have Pep in charge and I’m unsure he could get a tune out of those players from what I’m told 

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

?

Or Rovers 

Yes I've heard that about Howe from some Gas "mates", one clown I know couldn't believe that they didnt go all out to get Warnock ??

I suspect Bournemouth will have someone lined up and wont waste 6 weeks or so scouring the planet for a 'breath of fresh air' to put them back on track.

Really wouldn't be surprised to see Howe go back there now that he has had a good rest / sabbatical. Lampard is another obvious one but a bit of a gamble as the owners remit is obviously promotion at the first attempt.

If Howe goes back, check their transfer activity from the Summer onwards.

Will he be happy with a lesser budget than he might have wanted last summer. It's still one of the bigger at this level I'm sure but:

IN:

Carter Vickers- Season long loan

Riquelme, young Atletico midfielder- Season long loan.

Long- Half season long loan.

Wilshere- Half a season, on a free.

Pearson- Undisclosed fee.

OUT:

Ake- Many millions to Man City. Think £40m was mooted.

Ramsdale- Sheffield United, fee between £10-15m.

Wilson- Newcastle, £20m wasn't it.

Arter- Nottingham Forest, undisclosed fee.

Fraser Didn't renew.

King- Wasn't going to renew, Everton 6 month deal, fee of some sort and wages gone. One of their top earners.

Simpson- Dunno if he went for a fee but joined Rangers on a pre-contract deal. Went at end of January though- any fee would be pure profit. Remaining wages gone.

Gosling- Sold to Watford. Contract was up in summer, any fee would be pure profit once remaining book value eliminated on disposal. Remaining wages gone.

There's more as well, just look at how many left in the summer on free transfers.

I would also add Lampard. Would he be happy working under relatively straitened conditions. Doubt it!

Suppose the good news would be that they've front loaded some of the heavy lifting needed financially.

13 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Was thinking that myself today...I wonder if its John Terry's turn to take the reigns. Lots of candidates. 

John Terry has no real managerial credentials so I can't see it myself.

Just have this hunch about Howe.

Archived