IGNORED

Bournemouth sack Tindall

harvey54

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Bournemouth want/have to go straight back up and the right appointment now gives them a better chance. Good on them for being ruthless 

They hired Woodgate as a "coach" on Monday. They need to cut costs. Join the dots.

27 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Paul Cook IMO could do a decent job at Bournemouth 

Not glamorous enough for them. I wonder whether he wasn’t ‘glamorous’ enough for us.. in that he wanted to do things his own way. Think he’d have been an excellent choice for us.

22 minutes ago, tin said:

It makes sense, possibly with Harry Redknapp as something like a DoF. 

Can 100% see that.

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Bournemouth want/have to go straight back up and the right appointment now gives them a better chance. Good on them for being ruthless 

True. Do you think we should apply the same logic if/when Playoffs look unlikely?

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Not glamorous enough for them. I wonder whether he wasn’t ‘glamorous’ enough for us.. in that he wanted to do things his own way. Think he’d have been an excellent choice for us.

Can 100% see that.

True. Do you think we should apply the same logic if/when Playoffs look unlikely?

I am trying to reserve judgment on Holden until some more players are fit. Getting ever harder to do so though as we are so poor right now 

19 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Seems a little harsh, especially on the back of moving out Josh King.  A win tonight and we go level with them on points. Welcome to the Championship, Bournemouth.  It's a tough league!

Last 12 league games record for Tindall is 4-2-6, Holden over the same period is 5-0-7 : Deano 1 Point better -fine margins. It'll probably be 5-0-8 after tonight but there is as much chance of us taking similar action as tomorrow being Tuesday!

Clearly promoting from within hasn't worked for them

Just now, And Its Smith said:

I am trying to reserve judgment on Holden until some more players are fit. Getting ever harder to do so though as we are so poor right now 

Same. I understand the constraints he’s under.. but the style of play and stats like our expected goals being so low is a big worry.

I’d love him to succeed as he seems a great guy.. I just wonder whether he’s got it in him.

They should be doing better with their resources... fair play to them for being ruthless and giving themselves the best possible chance of not having the season dwindle out like we’ve done so many times. 

I wonder how many of their fans are saying “but, but, but, we’re only 8 points off second.”

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Can 100% see that.

Totally agree. Watched an interview with him the other day on Sky Sports. Said he was ready to return to football a couple of days after leaving Wigan. Talked about a couple of jobs that wasn’t the right fit for him didn’t mention Bristol City but spoke about Cardiff and Sheffield Wednesday. Also said he would drop to League 1 with the right club. Like the way he talks about football and I would of liked him at Ashton Gate . 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

They should be doing better with their resources... fair play to them for being ruthless and giving themselves the best possible chance of not having the season dwindle out like we’ve done so many times. 

I wonder how many of their fans are saying “but, but, but, we’re only 8 points off second.”

Exactly. If any of us should have learnt anything from the last year is the best way to get a good outcome is to act when the problem is emerging, not when it’s arrived. Their problem is dropping out of the playoffs. Ours is likely struggle next year if we keep the same trajectory and we should take similar action

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Exactly. If any of us should have learnt anything from the last year is the best way to get a good outcome is to act when the problem is emerging, not when it’s arrived. Their problem is dropping out of the playoffs. Ours is likely struggle next year if we keep the same trajectory and we should take similar action

Do you know what ***** me off most about this whole debacle? Cook is available. 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Do you know what ***** me off most about this whole debacle? Cook is available. 

And he’s not the only one. At the risk of this turning into a Holden out thread, the commonality between him and Tindall is not one other club at our level or the level below would have appointed them. In the summer, DH was in the betting for one other job - Southend.

Poor decision from both clubs considering other candidates

Archived