IGNORED

Brentford (A) - Wed 3rd Feb 19:45 - Matchday thread

Game polls.  

267 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will Brentford score?

3. 3. How many shots on target will we have?

4. 4. Where is the game being shown?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/21 at 19:46

Would obviously love a win, happy with a draw, but after recent performances I just want us to go and at least make them earn the win and put up a bit of fight, I hate watching us play when it looks like we are a lower league side hoping to defend and nick a goal against the big boys, we are supposed to be in the same league and only a few points apart FFS

5 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I hate watching us play when it looks like we are a lower league side hoping to defend and nick a goal against the big boys, we are supposed to be in the same league and only a few points apart FFS

Entirely agree. Let's go and give them a game. On our day we can beat anyone. 

Let's put in a performance tonight and get a decent result.

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

.... In comparison to us who have stagnated and actually  gone backwards in the last 3 years.

Just for accuracy.... 

After 26 games... 

2020/21 - 39pts

2019/20 - 38pts

2018/19 - 38pts

...so not gone backwards. 

However I still expect nothing other than a heavy defeat tonight and take your point in Brentford being a good example of progress. 

2 hours ago, daored said:

We simply have to pack the midfield and stop them moving the ball at ease around us. We need to impose ourselves onto them and let them know they’re in a game. We also need energy in the midfield , prepared to press and hurry them.

Do we have the players / team to beat them. Yes we do, set up correctly and sticking to a game plan 

If Holden doesn’t pack the midfield and he goes 442 again then serious questions need to be asked of his ability as a coach & sanity . It’s ok saying like he did at the start of the season , we’ll play to our strengths and not worry too much about the opposition . As it proved the last few games though it’s footballing suicide . 

24 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

holdens interview was Monday with Gregor and there was no concerns then. Unless players got injured by doing nothing then fair play. But it’s just our luck so 

Wouldn’t be the first time a manager has been coy about injury news to influence opposition preparation. Only sharing what I read anyway, didn’t claim to have inside knowledge. 

48 minutes ago, downendcity said:

5 5 3 and we have half a chance.

Playing more than 11 players is quite easy in amateur football as nobody usually does a pre match count. I played in one match and, after about 20 minutes, the ref stopped the match and told me the other team had 12 players. I was given the option of restarting the match or carrying on. As we were winning 3-0 I elected to carry on. (The opposition was rubbish)

6 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I put a fiver on 4-0 to city every game , 250/1 tonight so hopefully there’s a miracle 

This sounds like a cunning plan and, perhaps, you should have kept it secret. Have you done any research, because I think that a 4-0 win is more often than every 250 games? 

Archived