IGNORED

Brentford (A) - Wed 3rd Feb 19:45 - Matchday thread

Game polls.  

267 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will Brentford score?

3. 3. How many shots on target will we have?

4. 4. Where is the game being shown?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/21 at 19:46

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would be an excellent pivot tbh. However he's not on the bench- injured I read on here?

Ah, shame. Didn't see that 

I'd say the same about Wells but for very different reasons. Away from home I like this formation a lot. Esp when we've got midfielders running while making positive forward contributions. 

Got concerns about Marriapa - he's struggling a bit, esp in possession, but needs must with all those left sided players missing. 

Well done Brentford with trying to create an atmosphere with constant chanting However at times the chants sound like "Come on Watford" and in the 42nd minute I'm sure the sound effect gave us "Come on Luton".

As to matters on the pitch, six months ago there was talk of Ivan Toney joining City. Would we be better with him in the team?

1st half summary:

Really enjoyable watch.  In some ways I’m a tad frustrated we haven’t made more of some good breaks (down left) or possession high up (right side).

Some nice combinations both with and without the ball.

Ref been very generous to Brentford.

What I really like without the ball is Massengo going Man to man with Ghoddos until he gets dragged to deep and then he hands on to Mawson.  Mawson and Kalas happy to go 1-on-1 and with a decent line (not too high) which means HNM can then press the ball.  The fact that neither Kalas or Mawson feel the need to be spare, means we aren’t getting outnumbered in midfield and therefore they can’t pass through us.  Brave, but necessary defensive shape.  It’s almost like HNM is playing as a LDM, whilst Vyner and Nagy as normal CMs.  But when HNM hands off Ghoddas, he rejoins the midfield.

Him and Edwards just need a tad more composure in final third.

Famara doing everything he didn’t do Saturday.

Shame Mawson cocked up, positioning wise he’s been excellent.

And....we’ve been niggly and energetic.  Can’t let that drop.  Use subs to keep energy levels.

Just now, Davefevs said:

1st half summary:

Really enjoyable watch.  In some ways I’m a tad frustrated we haven’t made more of some good breaks (down left) or possession high up (right side).

Some nice combinations both with and without the ball.

Ref been very generous to Brentford.

What I really like without the ball is Massengo going Man to man with Ghoddos until he gets dragged to deep and then he hands on to Mawson.  Mawson and Kalas happy to go 1-on-1 and with a decent line (not too high) which means HNM can then press the ball.  The fact that neither Kalas or Mawson feel the need to be spare, means we aren’t getting outnumbered in midfield and therefore they can’t pass through us.  Brave, but necessary defensive shape.  It’s almost like HNM is playing as a LDM, whilst Vyner and Nagy as normal CMs.  But when HNM hands off Ghoddas, he rejoins the midfield.

Him and Edwards just need a tad more composure in final third.

Famara doing everything he didn’t do Saturday.

Shame Mawson cocked up, positioning wise he’s been excellent.

And....we’ve been niggly and energetic.  Can’t let that drop.  Use subs to keep energy levels.

Not a natural CM- glad to see we are utilising an advantage in this area.

14 minutes ago, TomF said:

We’ve played a lot worse than this and won games. I don’t mind if we lose to a side who are amongst the favs to win the league if we carry on giving it a go like we have this half. 

Well said mate, we’re getting stuck in and giving it a go.

HNM excellent, look so much more confident.

Semenyo taking players on down the middle.

Edwards again so confident for a 19yr old 

COYRs ?

8 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Thought we equipped ourselves well in first 45. HNM looks good but regrettably Mawson below par. Interesting second half to see how it pans out. More goals in this and I'm thinking a 2 all draw from what we've seen so far.

Hope you're right Tone, how's life with you mate ?

This will be controversial I know but Edwards has shown up Seymenyo as not as good a player people think he is.

I know I got pelters when I said he won’t score goals at this level. 

Edwards (and I know it’s early days) looks a much better going forward then Seymenyo. He actually looks to go round his man rather than always coming inside.  Still very young and I know he will run out of steam but still looks a player I won’t to watch.

Archived