IGNORED

Brentford (A) - Wed 3rd Feb 19:45 - Matchday thread

Game polls.  

267 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will Brentford score?

3. 3. How many shots on target will we have?

4. 4. Where is the game being shown?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/21 at 19:46

4 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

This is where we need Diedhiou leading from the front , putting himself about and causing them problems

Instead he’s walking around looking disinterested

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He been poor again. No energy, runs slow and not giving his all. Get him off for a young, eager player. Nowt to lose.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I'm afraid to say that Holden has dithered over making a substitution that was needed yet again and it's game over now. Edwards should have been off 5-10 minutes ago. He contributed but his game was done.

This is definitely a frustration I have with Holden. Brentford are a great team but there's been quite a few games where it's been clear at 55 minutes that it's not quite working and yet there is an unwillingness to try something different. 

7 minutes ago, Taz said:

Difference is Brentford, over the years, have slowly gone up the leagues by buying and selling decent players. 

They're now in the position where they're happy and comfortable to pay clubs like Peterborough the money they wanted for Toney. 20 goals and we're just over half way through the season!! Regardless of whether Brentford go up or not, Toney will play in the Prem next season. We're not prepared to gamble on players like Brentford are.

Yes, but when we do, a lot of them are crap !

We have done well in parts , particularly first half. A few flashes of good play. Better than much we have seen in recent weeks. 

But Brentford are miles ahead on and off the field. Great team to watch too and a credit to their vision and strategy. I thought that was what we were trying to emulate a few seasons ago. They could win the league this year.

We have much to learn, and learn we should. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, Lordofthebling said:

No, but surely we knew this? They are a level above. This is so much better than Derby 

First half we looked like we were competing, this half struggling.  I know we knew this, it’s just frustrating to see us second to the ball, poor passing and looking a little lost out of possession.

Archived