IGNORED

Brentford (A) - Wed 3rd Feb 19:45 - Matchday thread

Game polls.  

267 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will Brentford score?

3. 3. How many shots on target will we have?

4. 4. Where is the game being shown?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/21 at 19:46

Just now, The hand of RO'D said:

I need to remind everyone that when Dean Smith went to Villa, Brentford appointed his second in command Frank.

He started off appallingly and many fans wanted him out. He, like Dean Holden, had inherited a very gifted team with players like Watkins, Benrahma etc. They stuck with him and look at them now. Now I’m not saying DH or BCFC can replicate what Brentford are doing but I think sticking with DH is best. 

Dean Smith's Brentford had a wonderful attacking style with plenty of battling and exciting players to watch.

Lee Johnson's Bristol City did not have that.

3 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I need to remind everyone that when Dean Smith went to Villa, Brentford appointed his second in command Frank.

He started off appallingly and many fans wanted him out. He, like Dean Holden, had inherited a very gifted team with players like Watkins, Benrahma etc. They stuck with him and look at them now. Now I’m not saying DH or BCFC can replicate what Brentford are doing but I think sticking with DH is best. 

Yes but Brentford were good under Smith. He got poached. Ours was shit and got sacked. 

2 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

You might want to read this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Frank_(football_manager)

Managed Brondby in Europa League and multiple Danish age group sides. Not even comparable to DH.

2 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Not much similarity between their managerial records prior to their current roles though. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Should have gone with Wells up top on his own and Palmer Pato and Semenyo floating behind.

Keep Nagy and Vyner in middle. That would have brought us energy and pace and would have at least given us chances of getting the ball high up the pitch

Nagy has been poor. I would play Bakinson instead of him. 

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Hoping to be wrong.

Not sure on these subs. We’ve now gone 5 of 6 of the midfield/forwards who are far more attacking than even balanced.

Vyner the sole one ahead of the back four who is defence minded. Feels like we could be exposing ourselves 

Were two goals tmdine with 10 mins to go. Any reason to not chance it? 

4 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Not even comparable.

He was part of a successful set up with a clear philosophy of playing. Holden has been a major part of some god awful football over the last two years. Nice try though.

Archived