IGNORED

Brentford (A) - Wed 3rd Feb 19:45 - Matchday thread

Game polls.  

267 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will Brentford score?

3. 3. How many shots on target will we have?

4. 4. Where is the game being shown?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/21 at 19:46

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

3-2 flattered us but I expected 2 or 2 goal defeat with no chances created so hoping to see a positive display Saturday now.

Why did it? They had 2 very lucky goals and we  had a couple of chances we didn’t take 

not saying they didn’t deserve to win as they are a good side but don’t really feel they deserved to beat us by much more than that 

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Ah cos we haven’t competed toe to toe with one of the best sides in the league it’s classed as a walkover?

Reading this place the last couple of days you’d have thought we were going to lose 5 or 6-0, yet we haven’t. Not exactly a walkover, even if they’ve been the better side

I think they were incredibly comfortable.

They had to try to get back in and then ahead and then eased off.

Second gear for Brentford. Comfortable, easy. A walkover. 

People saying at half time that they would take a defeat given the manner of the performance are changing their tune again now we've actually lost.

3-2 defeat, they were the better side but we knew that before the game kicked off and got done by a mistake, a bit of top quality and a reluctance to get Edwards off (sorry to be harsh to the kid but his game was done at 55 minutes). In comparison to the two games before tonight that was better. We at least looked a threat at times.

Some of you just need to accept that you are whingey bastards when we lose a game regardless of how we play!!

Always disappointed to lose but I'm not so upset in a fixture where I expected us to get beat. Brentford hurried our midfield in the 2nd half and scored 2 good goals, particularly the Tony strike. I'm pleased we got a late consolation we always score late at Brentford. I'm going to take the positives from the game. Good first half fron HNM and a first start for Owura Edwards can only stand him in good stead. Nice to see Pato back on the pitch. 

I dont think we played that badly tonight there is a hugh gulf in class between the two squads but we matched them for long periods. it was the 2nd goal from a £10M Striker that changed it they went up a gear and we lost confidence and our heads dropped, we did get back into it but didnt have the quality to hurt them

What’s really ******* annoying is, if we played like this against any other of our recent losses, with the exception of Norwich, we could have won. Why can we only play watchable football (mostly first half) against the side that has gone 19 unbeaten.

no sympathy for Holden at all, even tho we had lots of injuries he had a good team and good subs there, didn’t do enough with them.

a proven championship manager, one who has experience in play off chasing would get the draw there.

what’s the point in going for the win if all you do is sub on all your attacking players on and just put them all up front. Route one doesn’t work against premier league quality teams. There’s a reason you see it mostly in league two. 
If we were really a club hunting for promotion, IMO you would sack Holden and bring someone experienced in, because with our team and our current position play offs is still possible but not with Holden 

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

What a pity two goals but no points.

Sorry to upset some but we look less formidable without Massengo.  City management just don’t in recent times like players of flair.  Ido!

Totally agree. I want to see flair players like Massengo, Palmer, JET, Tomlin, Trundle etc, yes, they’ve got their flaws, they wouldn’t be playing for us if they didn’t but give me them over the slow, boring backwards & sideways over coached stuff we’ve seen in recent seasons any day. 

Just now, Prinny said:

I think they were incredibly comfortable.

They had to try to get back in and then ahead and then eased off.

Second gear for Brentford. Comfortable, easy. A walkover. 

A comfortable 3-2 win? Perhaps they weren’t at their best but maybe that’s to do with us actually competing with them. 

It’s amazing on here sometimes. We win 2-1 against Huddersfield and we’re lucky we didn’t lose, we lose 3-2 in a game many said we’d be beaten 5 or 6-0 in and we’re lucky Brentford didn’t get out of second gear. 

Maybe, just maybe, we actually did well tonight, considering the difference in quality on the pitch. Or does that not fit in with the club bashing that we’ve been seeing recently?

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

How depressing is it seeing how far we are behind Brentford 

We are miles away from them

Fair point but I remember when we were regularly playing Port Vale, Gillingham, Walsall & Bolton etc I would imagine their fans are saying pretty similar. 

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Subject to fitness etc, same side Saturday except Paterson for Edwards, Wells for Diedhiou and if fit, Lansbury for Bakinson or Nagy?

If Rowe is fit, that would also be welcome.

Rowe is out for 2 months

Landsbury did not make the bench tonight or play for the U23's so is he injured?

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was a defeat but weighted for opposition and the like, was much better than the Derby loss.

Yep, just sad that after 5 years we don’t appear to have progressed on the pitch. It’s almost like we just tread water.

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

A comfortable 3-2 win? Perhaps they weren’t at their best but maybe that’s to do with us actually competing with them. 

It’s amazing on here sometimes. We win 2-1 against Huddersfield and we’re lucky we didn’t lose, we lose 3-2 in a game many said we’d be beaten 5 or 6-0 in and we’re lucky Brentford didn’t get out of second gear. 

Maybe, just maybe, we actually did well tonight, considering the difference in quality on the pitch. Or does that not fit in with the club bashing that we’ve been seeing recently?

Did you watch the second half and the game against Hudds?  Not having a go - genuine question. 

Archived