Brentford (A) - Wed 3rd Feb 19:45 - Matchday thread

glastonred

Game polls.  

267 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Oh my god Holden. Why not just bring Fam off. He might be big but he can't run much and you just brought off Nagy!

He’s completely hidden since half time 

£30k a week ?

Bye

If he goes to Boro Warnock will tear him a new one if he does that

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 3

Just now, The hand of RO'D said:

I need to remind everyone that when Dean Smith went to Villa, Brentford appointed his second in command Frank.

He started off appallingly and many fans wanted him out. He, like Dean Holden, had inherited a very gifted team with players like Watkins, Benrahma etc. They stuck with him and look at them now. Now I’m not saying DH or BCFC can replicate what Brentford are doing but I think sticking with DH is best. 

Bournemouth of course being the opposite example.

Overall (as long as we don’t collapse which is possible) it’s been ok tonight. We are a way behind Brentford but so are most teams in this league.

At least they’ve made chance and been positive. Let’s see more of the same Saturday in a winnable game please.

• Like 2

Just now, Alex_BCFC said:

Overall (as long as we don’t collapse which is possible) it’s been ok tonight. We are a way behind Brentford but so are most teams in this league.

At least they’ve made chance and been positive. Let’s see more of the same Saturday in a winnable game please.

sad state of affairs where we have 2 shots on target and the view is "its been ok" 

Just now, The hand of RO'D said:

I need to remind everyone that when Dean Smith went to Villa, Brentford appointed his second in command Frank.

He started off appallingly and many fans wanted him out. He, like Dean Holden, had inherited a very gifted team with players like Watkins, Benrahma etc. They stuck with him and look at them now. Now I’m not saying DH or BCFC can replicate what Brentford are doing but I think sticking with DH is best. 

Dean Smith's Brentford had a wonderful attacking style with plenty of battling and exciting players to watch.

Lee Johnson's Bristol City did not have that.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Plodding on and trying to get on with life. Retired but have been offered a contract on Jersey building a new hospital. Am finding retirement a tad boring so could be interested.

Good luck with whatever you decide on Tone 👍

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Yes but Brentford were good under Smith. He got poached. Ours was shit and got sacked. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

You might want to read this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Frank_(football_manager)

Managed Brondby in Europa League and multiple Danish age group sides. Not even comparable to DH.

2 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Not much similarity between their managerial records prior to their current roles though. 

2 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

sad state of affairs where we have 2 shots on target and the view is "its been ok" 

Consider the opposition - much better than Derby etc and we’ve had chances. I’m not saying it’s brilliant but it’s been much more positive.

• Like 1