IGNORED

Brentford (A) - Wed 3rd Feb 19:45 - Matchday thread

Game polls.  

267 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will Brentford score?

3. 3. How many shots on target will we have?

4. 4. Where is the game being shown?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/21 at 19:46

10 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

They are. But I think that tells it's own story. Three years or so ago there was very little between us. Credit to them for how they've progressed, and they are a joy to watch, but the fact they are now a class above us shows how they have progressed and we have not. 

They seem less tiki taka this season, more powerful and dynamic. Look like a proper promotion side now. 

2 minutes ago, redrob said:

Any ideas why we didn't cough up £5million for Toney? Reminds me of Tammy popping up in the right place at the right time. 

When we spent a total in fees of £1.5m? Add it was £5m upfront with £5m in add onds and Brentford had the money to burn knowing Watkins and Benrahma were off so could have paid more if they had to

11 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I need to remind everyone that when Dean Smith went to Villa, Brentford appointed his second in command Frank.

He started off appallingly and many fans wanted him out. He, like Dean Holden, had inherited a very gifted team with players like Watkins, Benrahma etc. They stuck with him and look at them now. Now I’m not saying DH or BCFC can replicate what Brentford are doing but I think sticking with DH is best. 

You do realise Thomas Frank had three years in charge of Brondby, the biggest club in Denmark, before joining Brentford? Benham, the Brentford owner, is also owner of FC Mitjylland. Appointing Frank was no hopeful punt like with Holden, I’m afraid. Neither did it take six weeks to appoint him and there was no shit about him being the best human. Stick with Holden and we will be in a relegation dogfight next season, IMO.

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

When we spent a total in fees of £1.5m? Add it was £5m upfront with £5m in add onds and Brentford had the money to burn knowing Watkins and Benrahma were off so could have paid more if they had to

Going rate for a striker isn't it? £5 million seems a bargain if he helps you get promoted and then you pay £5m more. 

Wonder what the terms of the add ons are? 

Archived