IGNORED

Brentford (A) - Wed 3rd Feb 19:45 - Matchday thread

Game polls.  

267 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will Brentford score?

3. 3. How many shots on target will we have?

4. 4. Where is the game being shown?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/21 at 19:46

12 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Good question. I’ve absolutely no ******* clue, but it strikes me that it’s both lightweight and lacking creativity. 

If he picks Palmer we get 15 minutes of creativity at some point in the game and 77 minutes of being a man down which you cant do against these and Bakinson might be slightly more physical but not enough to make a massive difference. Its not like he's left Keane and Pirlo out........

2 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Midfield of Nagy, Vyner and Massengo. Is there a ban on creativity? Paying them a lot of respect, if we concede early Holdens plans go out the window. 

You know full well what the plan is... wait until 80 mins and go 5-0-5. 

Just now, petehinton said:

Chris Martin out with a hamstring injury. There needs to be a clear out in the medical team this summer ffs

Amazing. 

Just now, petehinton said:

Chris Martin out with a hamstring injury. There needs to be a clear out in the medical team this summer ffs

Depends how the injury occurred, medical staff can only do so much before the injury, especially as they're restricted to no non essential massages seemingly and limited time for physiotherapy contact

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If he picks Palmer we get 15 minutes of creativity at some point in the game and 77 minutes of being a man down which you cant do against these and Bakinson might be slightly more physical but not enough to make a massive difference. Its not like he's left Keane and Pirlo out........

In Massengo we’ll get a good 80 minutes of attempting to shield the ball resulting in either a backwards pass or being shoved off the ball. 

In Owura I’m hoping we have an unknown quantity. 

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Depends how the injury occurred, medical staff can only do so much before the injury, especially as they're restricted to no non essential massages seemingly and limited time for physiotherapy contact

Maybe. But look at Pring and Adelukan. Both played loads of games at other clubs. Both come back. Both injured instantly. It’s not bad luck at this point

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Is that true? I know it is for everyone else but tbh most massage and physio for elite athletes will be essential. It’s part and parcel of recovery and preparation these days

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think we’ll win tonight. 
Brentford without Jansen, Dasilva, Marcondes, Mbeumo. Gives us half a chance. Keep Canos quiet and we might be ok. 

p.s. Yes, I’ve had a lot of drugs. ?

With their players out I hoped we might have a go but that team screams keeping the score respectable. Fear we have handed more initiative to them than needed. Still we live in hope ?

Just now, Fordy62 said:

In Massengo we’ll get a good 80 minutes of attempting to shield the ball resulting in either a backwards pass or being shoved off the ball. 

In Owura I’m hoping we have an unknown quantity. 

Edwards has played twice as a sub and looked sharp twice. I know it's not the same as starting and having to do the business but Brentford will know nothing about him.

Edwards will be good to see how well he plays. I thinks he could be the pick of the kids. Not the game I would have chosen to give him his debut. Go and chase the ball for 70 mins - we are mental 

Nice to see another new signing not fit enough to start no even just make the bench - we are mental.

HNM - In the first team but being offered as loan - we are mental

Only one ‘goal scorer’ on the pitch in Fammy in a game that must people would think we  will at least need 2 to get a point  ( I would be amazed if the other 10 have scored 10 League goals in career goals (not this season) - we are mental.

Heart says 2-1 Edwards MOM 

Head says 4-0 - No shots, no corners no goals....

I am listening to my heart... COYR

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Certainly got the pace in Semenyo and Edwards to run at them. But be no good if they are constantly running between our 18 yard box and the halfway line 

This is the key point for me.

IF we can keep the lines fairly close and compact the midfield, we should be ok.

My fear is that the team chosen looks to me like its going to be an open game which ultimately negates the above.

We'll see, but that is a brave selection.

Archived