IGNORED

Brentford (A) - Wed 3rd Feb 19:45 - Matchday thread

Game polls.  

267 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will Brentford score?

3. 3. How many shots on target will we have?

4. 4. Where is the game being shown?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/21 at 19:46

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Sounds like Tommy Rowe is out for some time according to Holden.

Not ideal!

We always knew this could be the case so why they didn't get a LB and a fit match ready Midfielder in on loan i don't know.

There must be some players out there that could have helped us It seems we can only get in players who fit MA's DNA

Ok, so interesting line up and one none of us would have picked.

The tactics appear to be reliance on our rocks of Bentley, Kalas, and Mawson, soak it up, let the three in the middle - Zak, Nagy and HNM be nuisances and nip it off them then spring like a coiled cobra with the two flyers down the side providing the ammo for our Fammy.

Could just work.

Guys?

Guys?......

Just now, westonred said:

We always knew this could be the case so why they didn't get a LB and a fit match ready Midfielder in on loan i don't know.

There must be some players out there that could have helped us It seems we can only get in players who fit MA's DNA

Might have heard wrong but is Danny Rose a free agent?

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

The kind of side I wanted. Owura and Semenyo with plenty of pace on the break on the flanks. Diedhiou in his best role up top on his own.

Great to see Massengo back in, Nagy with his energy and Vyner too. Far from our best midfield but they will battle and are technically good players.

Defence pretty solid. All experienced and with a top goalie behind them. Brentford are top quality but the team put outs gives us the best chance of getting anything from this.

Blimey Jon...you've just made me feel positive about tonight....I am now looking forward to this! 

Just seen the teams.

No Lansbury, Paterson on the bench though- that's good!

Edwards starting- bit bold, if it's left sided at least it gives a bit of balance and ability to help mitigate vs 2 v 1 defensively.

Would have preferred Martin as a pivot to hold the ball, to relieve a bit of pressure and for us to play off him or Wells for movement as the lone striker tbh.

Areas we can exploit? Brentford look like they have one or two out as well.

Ghoddos does not strike me as a natural CM- and in any case, DaSilva appears to be out.

As does Mbeumbo- Sorensen still at CB, is relatively young as is Janelt in front of him- that could be one to counter on. Jensen their only first choice CM on the pitch, Fosu up front- would it be fair to say Jansson a bit of a leader for them at the back? Thought Reid might start in his absence.

1 minute ago, westonred said:

Oh good another MA bashing opportunity...

We never got a LB because - and this is their job - the recruitment / scouting team couldn’t find one to suit our needs / requirements.
If they brought any old Joe they would have got slagged off for that as well ?

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

The kind of side I wanted. Owura and Semenyo with plenty of pace on the break on the flanks. Diedhiou in his best role up top on his own.

Great to see Massengo back in, Nagy with his energy and Vyner too. Far from our best midfield but they will battle and are technically good players.

Defence pretty solid. All experienced and with a top goalie behind them. Brentford are top quality but the team put outs gives us the best chance of getting anything from this.

I hope massengo has a good game , really believe he’s a talent but we need to play him in his best position / role

We have a lot more injuries but Mbeumbo would worry me more than Fosu, DaSilva and Norgaard worry me more than Janelt (still decent albeit developing btw) and Ghoddos and Jansson seems a bigger obstacle than Sorensen.

By no means are we favourites but...

EDIT: Marcondoes too- seems he might be out, if he was fit he would be in there ahead of Ghoddos IMO.

4 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Oh good another MA bashing opportunity...

We never got a LB because - and this is their job - the recruitment / scouting team couldn’t find one to suit our needs / requirements.
If they brought any old Joe they would have got slagged off for that as well ?

Well they cant be good at their jobs then we are desperate for a LB and there must be one out there that could do a job for us

6 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Surprised to see Owura start.

A  4-5-1 with him and Semenyo doing mainly defensive work could give us a slight chance of draw, but if it's a normal 4-3-3 I fear we'll get destroyed by their quality.

Mix of 2 maybe- lot of defensive work but instructions for quick breaks on turnover of the ball- maybe pressing midway inside our own half, drawing Brentford on a little- this could be a route to goal. Quick turnovers of the ball etc.

I suspect we will have quite a bit less possession, perhaps quite a bit less territory and quite a few less chances as well but we should get chances if we play tactically well.

Archived