IGNORED

Owura Edwards

Prinny

Obviously talking about him not does not mean that you're writing him off or that he can't improve.

How do you think he got on?

To me, he kinda showed what he did when I watched him (couple of times) for Grimsby but against much better opposition, nothing came off however, and he wasn't fast enough to beat players for pace either!

He flashed talent and is positive, but didn't look close to ready for me against a really good team.

the good thing about him playing is that he gets to see what the standard is, and I hope he takes on board what works and what doesn't and uses it to get better.

Just now, phantom said:

He needs to learn doing five stepovers without going anywhere needs working on.

As debuts go he certainly held his own, worked hard with and without the ball and offered something different 

Yeah the standing still stepovers need to go!

I wouldn’t agree he didn’t look close to ready.

I thought it was nice to see someone actually face up the full backs and he definitely has pace for me. a couple of times they were having to double up.

Really tough game to come into. Tried too hard to impress perhaps and decision making will obviously improve but plenty to like.

Was also impressed by his defensive discipline. Done himself no harm at all.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

He needs to learn doing five stepovers without going anywhere needs working on.

As debuts go he certainly held his own, worked hard with and without the ball and offered something different 

Agree with that - was pleased he was looking to receive the ball and try and make something happen

1 minute ago, Prinny said:

Yeah the standing still stepovers need to go!

He has found that what works at U23 level doesn’t necessarily work with Championship,defenders

As all young players , it’s all about how he learns and adapts

But some positives to work on and I’ve seen far worse debuts

2 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I thought it was nice to see someone actually face up the full backs and he definitely has pace for me. a couple of times they were having to double up.

Really tough game to come into. Tried too hard to impress perhaps and decision making will obviously improve but plenty to like.

Was also impressed by his defensive discipline. Done himself no harm at all.

I would liked to have seen him win a few times when he tried to face the full backs up. That's really where the not close to ready comment comes from. Maybe he learns fast, here's hoping!

Definitely plenty to like though.

1 minute ago, Kibs said:

Done himself no harm at all.

Agree with this. Loads to work on, including looking up/playing earlier balls, rather than having a Mexican step over stand off, but showed glimpses and plenty of worse teams to play against in future games

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

21 tomorrow

Get rid

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

20 today. 

Get rid

2 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

1941285C4E-4531-4F48-BB82-1E3D6E8C98EE.thumb.png.1d7cc2ebf95e3a3409564fb423e3d704.png

Hang on, maybe keep.

2 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

20 tomorrow...

Yep, definitely keep.

3 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Not seen him before.  After tonight, I say if he is younger than 20 he has promise.

If he's older than 20, get rid.

How old is he?

Antoine 21 and Zak 23 have only just started showing they can cut it at this level and you reckon we should get rid of players if they don't look up to it at 20?

For me he looked raw but promising, needs exposure at this level and don't think coming off the bench for up to 30 mins in games will do him harm plus perhaps the odd start here and there to give him a chance. Less space than league 2 games but games where we're looking to counter he could be good for.

I liked what I saw from him, he took players on. Looked for the ball and tried to be adventurous. Not a lot came off because he was facing better players than he’s ever faced before. 
I remember a young Ronaldo at United stepping over the ball time and time again and looking ridiculous. He didn’t end up doing to badly! Whilst I’m not suggestion he is on that level I’m happy to see a young player come in and try and take his game to the opposition. We all moan about sideways and backwards passing but I saw none of that with him tonight. There’s a player in there lads, can’t wait to watch us coach it out of him! 

8 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Antoine 21 and Zak 23 have only just started showing they can cut it at this level and you reckon we should get rid of players if they don't look up to it at 20?

For me he looked raw but promising, needs exposure at this level and don't think coming off the bench for up to 30 mins in games will do him harm plus perhaps the odd start here and there to give him a chance. Less space than league 2 games but games where we're looking to counter he could be good for.

agree

We are going nowhere this season

Use the opportunity, and the injury decimation ,  to give young players minutes and to assess their current level

Then try and get Owura a L1 loan next season or even a good L2 loan

Plenty of time on his side 

Lots of potential, raw, good energy and attitude, but struggled tonight.

The real question is how and why he is starting for us away at Brentford having begun the season on loan at Grimsby Town.

We are meant to be striving for a Top 6 place and this kid has been thrown in ahead of a couple of £4-5m players.

Last 5 games of a season in dead rubbers maybe but is it only me who finds this chain of events almost unbelievable? 

27 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Tough game for him tonight, thought he looked a bit lost at times to be honest. Probably staying on loan would have been the best option for him and us but we needed the bodies back in at the time.

I agree with that. He’s only back because City is desperately short of players. Based on tonight’s performance, which may not be fair, he’s not really ready to start a match in the Championship. One for the future (Sorry about that as that phrase is usually the kiss of death).  If we had a full squad, Semenyo, Pring and Adelakun would be better playing in League 1 to gain experience. At least, if they were, the last two might be fit. 

58 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Lots of potential, raw, good energy and attitude, but struggled tonight.

The real question is how and why he is starting for us away at Brentford having begun the season on loan at Grimsby Town.

We are meant to be striving for a Top 6 place and this kid has been thrown in ahead of a couple of £4-5m players.

Last 5 games of a season in dead rubbers maybe but is it only me who finds this chain of events almost unbelievable? 

Can offer us better tactical balance though. Wells is wasted on the left, who else are you referring to?

Palmer is not great in wider areas let's say (Palmer as '1' behind say Semenyo and Wells as a partnership might be one route), Paterson is just coming back after a long layoff.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Can offer us better tactical balance though. Wells is wasted on the left, who else are you referring to?

Palmer is not great in wider areas let's say (Palmer as '1' behind say Semenyo and Wells as a partnership might be one route), Paterson is just coming back after a long layoff.

My point is we put all our eggs into a 5-3-2 with no wingers formation, and let Elliasson go, had no other natural width in the squad, got hit by injuries that set us off desired course and here we are.

Our wide left occupants in the last 2 months are.... Wells, Adelukan, Massengo, Palmer, Edwards, with none of them naturally shining there.

We had no plan B from day one of the season.

Archived