IGNORED

Massengo

Kibs

1/2/21 22:30 Offered to Birmingham 

3/2/21 18:45 Named in starting 11 for us

3/2/21 21:15 after being arguably our best player, subbed off. 

now more than ever he needs a consistent run in the team. He counts as part of “The Pathway” project. 

Play him, build his confidence and let’s hope he can show us what he promised back in the summer of 2019! 

26 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

1/2/21 22:30 Offered to Birmingham 

3/2/21 18:45 Named in starting 11 for us

3/2/21 21:15 after being arguably our best player, subbed off. 

now more than ever he needs a consistent run in the team. He counts as part of “The Pathway” project. 

Play him, build his confidence and let’s hope he can show us what he promised back in the summer of 2019! 

Certainly seems odd when you spell it all out. 

I've being reluctant to criticise Holden or Ashton recently, but pick a lane guys.

Nothing really seems to add up with decisions being made at the moment for me. I wouldnt question the intentions behind the decision but seems they need to have more confidence in themselves.

20 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Won plenty of balls in midfield tonight, which is something we haven’t done so well previously. Having said that, we didn’t hurt Brentford enough when we had the chance to break them.

Great to see him back though!

Pato and Williams being fit will help with that, we'll have plenty of options in the middle now, its finding the right combination as games left start to tick down

Would have been stupidity to let him go, or anywhen. He is still only 19, and will get better and more consistent. 

When you think he is 3 months younger than Owura Edwards and tonight looked years ahead of him experience wise, gives a bit of perspective of where Massengo is at. He will get better and tonight was his best game since last season

How is it we can manage to turn a teenager for whom we paid £7 million to Monaco into a bit part player? And then we are surprised he plays well when played in a way that suits him? But apparently he was on offer to another club 48 hours ago..

No wonder so many supporters are so frustrated at the cack-handed manner in which footballing matters are handled within Bristol Sport. The 10 years it took to achieve promotion to the old First Division will seem quick compared to the amount of time it might ever take for this current ownership to achieve the same to the Premier League. We blew one chance 13 years ago and we have never really been close since and that shows no sign of changing any time soon, unless major changes are made in the way things are run. I won’t hold my breath on that one...

He looked sharp tonight.  The sharpest I’ve seen him in a long long time....plus confident, even after getting caught trying to drag-dribble past two players early on.

No probs with him being subbed....72 minutes at a decent level of performance.

As encouraging as Edwards was on debut, I felt he could’ve used Han much more with give and goes.  Good learning experience for Owura though.

Massengo needs to build on this.  Given Holden food for thought.

If he was genuinely offered to Brum on deadline day it really sums up what a mess we are.

1 hour ago, Dr Balls said:

How is it we can manage to turn a teenager for whom we paid £7 million to Monaco into a bit part player? And then we are surprised he plays well when played in a way that suits him? But apparently he was on offer to another club 48 hours ago..

No wonder so many supporters are so frustrated at the cack-handed manner in which footballing matters are handled within Bristol Sport. The 10 years it took to achieve promotion to the old First Division will seem quick compared to the amount of time it might ever take for this current ownership to achieve the same to the Premier League. We blew one chance 13 years ago and we have never really been close since and that shows no sign of changing any time soon, unless major changes are made in the way things are run. I won’t hold my breath on that one...

The most interesting parts for me would be:

1) Who suggested a loan move initially?

2) When did Birmingham make the initial inquiry - somebody didn't just pick Birmingham on the off chance they 'might' be interested in HNM - they must have enquired first

3) Who turned the move DOWN?  Player, City or Birmingham?

Important info to put this potential last-minute move in context.

If HNM turned it down - fair play to the lad - and that MUST be rewarded with regular game time.

7 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

We didn't even pay close to 7 million pounds 

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He looked sharp tonight.  The sharpest I’ve seen him in a long long time....plus confident, even after getting caught trying to drag-dribble past two players early on.

As encouraging as Edwards was on debut, I felt he could’ve used Han much more with give and goes.  Good learning experience for Owura though.

If he was genuinely offered to Brum on deadline day it really sums up what a mess we are.

Yes, we don't know for sure but it certainly wouldn't surprise you.

Yet again, a younger player getting better as he goes along seems to totally shock people who make snap judgements like "Semenyo is a League 2 player", "Massengo will never be good enough", "Onawura was out of his depth".............probably the same posters who thought we would concede 10 last night.

13 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We didn't even pay close to 7 million pounds 

We didn’t pay peanuts either. Same with Palmer. We have paid millions for players that we haven’t been playing, which at Championship level does not make good business sense let alone in footballing terms.

7 hours ago, Kempson said:

I've being reluctant to criticise Holden or Ashton recently, but pick a lane guys.

Nothing really seems to add up with decisions being made at the moment for me. I wouldnt question the intentions behind the decision but seems they need to have more confidence in themselves.

Combine an inexperienced Manager with a CEO who is feathering his own nest, a Chairman who isn't really up to the job and an owner who isn't that bothered right now and what do you get?

7 hours ago, Kempson said:

I would 100% question the decision. Why are a club like us paying significant sums of money for "kids" and then having to offer them up for loan 18 months later? We aren't Arsenal or Man City. If clubs like us make signings like that the expectation has to be that this "kid" has a bit more about him than most his age therefore it is up to the coaching staff to get it out given the outlay. This wasn't no £125K plus add-ons when sold compo package from a Cat 3 Academy and so, yes, I would totally question the decision to put him up for loan if that was done - it smacks of either not having a plan or having no conviction and continually shifting the plan - you don't get paid over £600K per year plus a further £50K in your pension pot to lack both presence to the "stakeholders" (as it's Corporate salary we'll talk corporate bullshit) and conviction in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Says it all, Holden and Ashton OUT.

That was his best game for us so far. 

We need to give him a run of games. Let him keep learning. Allow him to make mistakes in the knowledge that he’s not gonna disappear from the squad the next week! 

Perfect opportunity to do so. We aren’t going up and we aren’t going down. Let some of the younger prospects pick up some vital experience. If we end up finishing 16th, so what. 

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

We need to give him a run of games. Let him keep learning. Allow him to make mistakes in the knowledge that he’s not gonna disappear from the squad the next week! 

Perfect opportunity to do so. We aren’t going up and we aren’t going down. Let some of the younger prospects pick up some vital experience. If we end up finishing 16th, so what. 

A run of decent results would have us right back in the mix though.  Just needs a bit of management nous.  It's our tactics thar are inept, not our players.

We need to be more direct and move the ball forward more quickly when we get it.

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

A run of decent results would have us right back in the mix though.  Just needs a bit of management nous.  It's our tactics thar are inept, not our players.

It’s the hope that’s gonna kill you.......

31 minutes ago, Harry said:

I couldn't agree more but imagine the meltdown on here if we finish 16th with young 'un's making mistakes..........

"but Uncle Steve said we were going to finish top 6" blah blah blah

I would certainly keep Edwards in the squad for Saturday, in fact permanently tbh for the simple reason we don't have any wide players and you cannot pick a whole squad that can only play down the middle of the pitch.

Archived