IGNORED

Zac Vyner

Robbored

27 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

No ones mentioned taylor moore at left back, not ideal, but we have no one else left.

Vyner has been very Impressive. Looking forward to next season, with hunt out of contract, theres an obvious spot for him at rb.

There’s a reason no ones mentioned it Simon 

42 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not quite true Steve. I got the information by actually listening to Deano in one of his recent interviews. May well have been last night post Bees.

Oh but when other people talk about injuries  reported by the local hack to use your words and confirmed by “Deano ” as you predictably call him every time . You say they’re speculating . You’re nothing short of a massive hypocrite who thinks he’s clever , but actually ???????

38 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

He limped off injured in the game v. Huddersfield and then left the Derby game after 20mins injured in the very next match.

It’s not a massive 2+2 exercise to reach the conclusion he went into the Derby game less than 100% fit is it??

At best it was a 70/30 and its cost us.

I think it was telling in the build up someone (cannot remember who did the interviews!) said that Rowe had declared himself fit. 

Worried me before the game, and even more so after he went off again. Tommy seems to be the sort of character who would want to play no matter what so possibly not the best idea to let him decide.

2 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

I think it was telling in the build up someone (cannot remember who did the interviews!) said that Rowe had declared himself fit. 

Yeah, sometimes along those lines must have happened. As posted just now - no manager would take a risk with an injured player.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yeah, sometimes along those lines must have happened. As posted just now - no manager would take a risk with an injured player.

Sorry, but he did - and the facts of history tell you he did.

Rowe was not fit and therefore was more prone to injury. This is what undeniably happened!

Any other fit left backs in the club at 11am the day of the Derby game and Rowe was left out, whether he “declared himself fit” or not.

Of course it was a massive risk, a “shut your eyes and cross your fingers” decision, and it backfired.

Unsure why you cannot see this.

Plus incredibly naive to to think managers have never taken risks with semi-fit footballers if they are key players or essential to the team. Hundreds of examples of this through history.

Often happens, look at Kevin De Bruyne a couple weeks back when Man City had two games in a week. It was known that KDB wasn't 100% going into that week, Pep says himself that he will need to rest him at some point across those two games. Then what happens...Pep plays him in both games and, lo & behold, at the end of that week he is then declared injured for circa. 6 weeks.

5 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Sorry, but he did - and the facts of history tell you he did.

Rowe was not fit and therefore was more prone to injury. This is what undeniably happened!

Any other fit left backs in the club at 11am the day of the Derby game and Rowe was left out, whether he “declared himself fit” or not.

Of course it was a massive risk, a “shut your eyes and cross your fingers” decision, and it backfired.

Unsure why you cannot see this.

Plus incredibly naive to to think managers have never taken risks with semi-fit footballers if they are key players or essential to the team. Hundreds of examples of this through history.

We’ve all heard of players having analgesic injections in order to play but with dodgy a knee that just wouldn’t work.

Deano had other options at LB by utilising any one of the available defenders. I’m pretty sure that Rowe announced himself fit and that’s what backfired.

Just now, Robbored said:

We’ve all heard of players having analgesic injections in order to play but with dodgy a knee that just wouldn’t work.

Deano had other options at LB by utilising any one of the available defenders. I’m pretty sure that Rowe announced himself fit and that’s what backfired.

No.

What backfired was he was injured the game before, the management team decided he was fit, and he was not, and compounded his injury.

That is what happened.

WOW.

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Has played in midfield in last few games and last night I thought he had a pretty good game. That said he came thru the ranks essentially as a defender and has played regularly at CB until recently. 

With the likes of Pato, Williams and Lansbury soon to be variable again should Vyner return to CB or should Deano continue playing him in midfield?

Nice selection dilemma to have I guess.

Haven’t read all replies, but I thought he was really good last night, probably along with HNM the picks for me.  He’s not a natural in CM, but he’s done better than I thought in the main.

I’d quite like to see him at RB or RWB if we go back to a back 3/5.

Ive been pretty impressed with him on the ball this season. He gives us options.

Archived