IGNORED

Visually Impaired Supporters

REDOXO

Unfortunately for me, recently I have joined this group. What I have now discovered is the football club, will not ensure that games are broadcast via audio when sky/espn have the rights. Letting the club know is a joke as they will not respond or admit they keep not putting on the audio for games, particularly for overseas supporters...

If there is someone out there with clout...Can you please tell Jon Lansdown to stop messing up audio commentary

Edit: @JerrySLO

I’m sorry for any typos but I am at my wits end!

I have tagged @JerrySLOinto this. Please be patient though as I know he is only working part time and furloughed the rest of his time, and when he is working he is extreamly busy sorting out the many queries that have arisen re tickets etc.But I’m sure if anyone can answer it will be him.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I have tagged @JerrySLOinto this. Please be patient though as I know he is only working part time and furloughed the rest of his time, and when he is working he is extreamly busy sorting out the many queries that have arisen re tickets etc.But I’m sure if anyone can answer it will be him.

Thank you M. I appreciate your effort. 

The audio issues are a long standing.problem surrounding certain scenarios that the club have not and will not address 

Again I appreciate your help!

47 minutes ago, RedM said:

Morally dubious practices from the club there then, if he has work and is so busy then he shouldn't be furloughed

18 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Morally dubious practices from the club there then, if he has work and is so busy then he shouldn't be furloughed

My thoughts exactly..i didnt realise you could be part timed furloughed either. Sorry for going off on a tangent, hope it gets sorted Redoxo.

5 hours ago, weepywall said:

My thoughts exactly..i didnt realise you could be part timed furloughed either. Sorry for going off on a tangent, hope it gets sorted Redoxo.

Yes you can. It was news to me too when it happened to a family member. He has to have at least 24 hours notice to work or not. I’m not sure if this is the same for all and in his case it’s called flexible furlough not part time.

• Admin
6 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Unfortunately for me, recently I have joined this group. What I have now discovered is the football club, will not ensure that games are broadcast via audio when sky/espn have the rights. Letting the club know is a joke as they will not respond or admit they keep not putting on the audio for games, particularly for overseas supporters...

If there is someone out there with clout...Can you please tell Jon Lansdown to stop messing up audio commentary

Hi @REDOXO

I'm sure if the club don't pull their finger out one of us can help.

Just to clarify the club don't provide commentary for certain games?

If need be I can set up a zoom account and play commentary via there for you (and anyone else) to listen in on

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Hi @REDOXO

I'm sure if the club don't pull their finger out one of us can help.

Just to clarify the club don't provide commentary for certain games?

If need be I can set up a zoom account and play commentary via there for you (and anyone else) to listen in on

Thanks Phantom!!

Audio should always be available Phantom. In fact I have never not had audio through Robins TV for any match in the League/League Cup or FA cup.

The problem is someone will often forget to switch it on, (either at the club or Radio Bristol) particularly for Sky games, often until half time or later and/or it wont be working on the smart phone app, but might be if you go through the website. Its a common problem that has had many threads the latest one was V Brentford the other day!

Also as a matter of interest the phone app is not being maintained as of yesterday the last game on the app was v Portsmouth and the interview was post match....But hey I can live without contemplating us suck over again! :laugh:!

• Admin
5 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Thanks Phantom!!

Audio should always be available Phantom. In fact I have never not had audio through Robins TV for any match in the League/League Cup or FA cup.

The problem is someone will often forget to switch it on, (either at the club or Radio Bristol) particularly for Sky games, often until half time or later and/or it wont be working on the smart phone app, but might be if you go through the website. Its a common problem that has had many threads the latest one was V Brentford the other day!

Also as a matter of interest the phone app is not being maintained as of yesterday the last game on the app was v Portsmouth and the interview was post match....But hey I can live without contemplating us suck over again! :laugh:!

Keep us all up to date regarding the clubs response, also if any of us can help let us know

I'm not sure if it is of use, but I can also put a phone / laptop near the radio to broadcast radio Bristol / Robins TV to you

13 hours ago, phantom said:

Keep us all up to date regarding the clubs response, also if any of us can help let us know

I'm not sure if it is of use, but I can also put a phone / laptop near the radio to broadcast radio Bristol / Robins TV to you

This would probably be the best short term solution. My mum used to do this for me when i was too skint to make it to Bristol for games, works surprisingly well!

My father told me that in the 1950's and early 60's, possibly later, if you contacted City in advance, they would sit you in the stand next to a sighted person who would describe what was happening and give constant commentary.

There was one (trouble making) blind man though who would stand on the Open End with a few friends. Despite not being able to see much, he'd keep coming out with comments such as "Rubbish" and "Look at that" etc. If an opposing fan decided to remonstrate with him, his friends would round on that fan "Oi! Leave 'im alone, 'e's blind".

On 05/02/2021 at 05:21, REDOXO said:

Is Jon Lansdown still at the club?

For the record audio was available for the match build up today on Robins tv audio. I got in at just gone 2pm via the iphone app! 

It did initially pop up not available, but then the arrow appeared. 

Thanks to all for any enquirers made. Good luck to City today...and....remembering to do this consistently in future!

Not an issue I have given much thought to as I do not suffer the same affliction. I would hope that the club can find a solution to this as a matter of urgency as no doubt there are others in the same boat. In saying that it warms the heart to see other OTIB'ers offering their help to overcome the problem. Fair play to you all.

Archived