IGNORED

Culinary Covid

petehinton

7 hours ago, BigTone said:

Quick to cook & very little work:

Tones Meaty Balls

Open bottle of wine and ensure it is not corked

Lob some meatballs in a frying pan and cook briefly to seal them.

Have a slurp

Mix together a packet of tomato s auce with chopped onions, garlic and some chilli powder (a jar of bolognaise mix works as well).

Have a slurp

Pour mix over meatballs and cook on a low heat for circa 20 mins.

Have a slurp

Go for a pee ensuring you wash your hands thoroughly while singing happy birthday to ensure properly clean.

Apply hand sanitiser.

Have a slurp

About 5 or so minutes before cooked crack open some eggs and pour over the meatballs etc and allow to poach.

Have a slurp

Serve with a nice salad and freshly cooked baguette (to soak up the s auce) 

Open 2nd bottle

You are the ghost of Keith Floyd and I claim my £5.

Going back to steaks, I find a nice Corbieres to be the best accompaniment.  Not the racehorse.

• Admin
7 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

You are the ghost of Keith Floyd and I claim my £5.

Going back to steaks, I find a nice Corbieres to be the best accompaniment.  Not the racehorse.

I used to love watching Floyd on TV, inspired me to cook with a glass of red at hand ?.
 Years back, a mate  and his girlfriend were in Floyd’s  restaurant one evening and he came out of the kitchen and asked if he could sit at their table, he ate with them, put some decent wines on the table and then picked up the bill.  Apparently it wasn’t unusual for him to do that - probably why he wasn’t financially successful!

3 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I used to love watching Floyd on TV, inspired me to cook with a glass of red at hand ?.
 Years back, a mate  and his girlfriend were in Floyd’s  restaurant one evening and he came out of the kitchen and asked if he could sit at their table, he ate with them, put some decent wines on the table and then picked up the bill.  Apparently it wasn’t unusual for him to do that - probably why he wasn’t financially successful!

Yep, despite the plummy accent he was a council estate boy from Somerset and got his break into restaurant ownership in Bristol. Even post-fame, when he divided his time between the Dorset coast and south of France, he still was a regular visitor to our city.

I have no evidence, but I'm claiming him as a Red.  :city:

On 04/02/2021 at 16:40, Harry said:

The superb Falcon Steakhouse in Wotton under Edge are reopening this week for takeaways Fridays & Saturdays. 
No steak, but their burgers and chips are absolutely gorgeous. 
My order in for Saturday already ?

0A70F49D-C508-4B9C-B829-40BB0AFD788A.jpeg

How was the burger. Looking to go here once lockdown is over. 

18 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

How was the burger. Looking to go here once lockdown is over. 

Superb mate. Always is. And the brownie dessert is lush inawl!! 
I deffo recommend a visit. 
Owner is a City season ticket holder too. 

Archived