IGNORED

trouble up the M4

Sweeneys Penalties

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

They thought Lee Power was a brilliant owner about 6 years ago when we all said the bloke is a piece of work

Yes; I still remember his appalling behaviour when we last played them at that toilet they laughingly call a football ground. That tone was carried on by their midget captain that night. 

3 hours ago, 2015 said:

They thought Lee Power was a brilliant owner about 6 years ago when we all said the bloke is a piece of work

Swindon fan for 45 years so seen many ups & down during my time so thought I would give you my perspective on the current statement of affairs.

Firstly there isn't the hatred for Bristol City amongst the die hard s if anything it's Rovers who are disliked behind Oxford and you guys only get a mention in envy as it wasn't too long ago you were hanging around in league one but you hit the jackpot with a super rich owner who also has the club a teen heart.

Secondly Lee Power has shafted STFC from day one and is literally hated so no idea where the claims come from 6 years ago that he was a brilliant owner as he's always made it clear tha he was here to make money and would go when it suits him and at the moment he's against the ropes having borrowed money from Gareth Barry and his agent and doing the dirtŷ on them as well as other dodgy dealing which seems to follow him around. 

I get the no sympathy and hope they go under etc and no problem with that from a bigger rival club and miss playing you lot both home and at Ashton Gate more than any other Derby match 

8 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Swindon fan for 45 years so seen many ups & down during my time so thought I would give you my perspective on the current statement of affairs.

Firstly there isn't the hatred for Bristol City amongst the die hard s if anything it's Rovers who are disliked behind Oxford and you guys only get a mention in envy as it wasn't too long ago you were hanging around in league one but you hit the jackpot with a super rich owner who also has the club a teen heart.

Secondly Leep Power has shafted STFC from day one and is literally hated so no idea where's the claims come from 6 years ago that he was a brilliant owner as he's always made it clear tha he was here to make money and would go when it suits him and at the moment he's against the ropes having borrowed money from Gareth Barry and his agent and doing the dirtŷ on them as well as other dodgy dealing which seems to follow him around. 

I get the no sympathy and hope they go under etc and no problem with that from a bigger rival club and miss playing you lot both home and at Ashton Gate more than any other Derby match 

You sir , are a gentleman

And I know a couple of older Swindon supporters just like you

Personally , for you and them , I would hate to see anything happen to your club

I hope it’s Power just making noises and all will be ok

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

You sir , are a gentleman

And I know a couple of older Swindon supporters just like you

Personally , for you and them , I would hate to see anything happen to your club

I hope it’s Power just making noises and all will be ok

Cheers Shelton much appreciated and here's hoping that you finally make it to the premier league as I was at Ashton Gate in 76/77 watching Leeds & Man Utd when you were in the old first division in front of 36000 

13 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Secondly Leep Power has shafted STFC from day one and is literally hated so no idea where's the claims come from 6 years ago that he was a brilliant owner as he's always made it clear tha he was here to make money and would go when it suits him and at the moment he's against the ropes having borrowed money from Gareth Barry and his agent and doing the dirtŷ on them as well as other dodgy dealing which seems to follow him around. 

Fair play for coming on here and coming across with such a reasonable response. I am only posting my thoughts based on the fans that I personally have come across and majority of them did not like Bristol City at all

Not all individual fans deserve to have their club taken from them.

On the Lee Power comments - I just remember after the game at County Ground in November 2014, Swindon fans were saying he was doing a good job at that time..

4 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Cheers Shelton much appreciated and here's hoping that you finally make it to the premier league as I was at Ashton Gate in 76/77 watching Leeds & Man Utd when you were in the old first division in front of 36000 

Duck this poxy CoVid and hang around for another few years mate , and you’ll probably find yourself thinking you’re Thai owners have proved to be fantastic and wondering how you’ve managed to climb past us in the table again !

Just now, 2015 said:

Fair play for coming on here and coming across with such a reasonable response. I am only posting my thoughts based on the fans that I personally have come across and majority of them did not like Bristol City at all

Not all individual fans deserve to have their club taken from them.

On the Lee Power comments - I just remember after the game at County Ground in November 2014, Swindon fans were saying he was doing a good job at that time..

I remember that game well and as always it's the idiot minority who tend to stir things up and not a true reflection of the whole fan base. 

I respect all of your thoughst and me personally don't have any hatred with BCFC and always look out for their results and ironically we have your man Cotts down here tomorrow who's probably still raging from 2014 as I don't think he's been back here as a manager since that November day.

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Duck this poxy CoVid and hang around for another few years mate , and you’ll probably find yourself thinking you’re Thai owners have proved to be fantastic and wondering how you’ve managed to climb past us in the table again !

We also have to get rid of Sheriden another waste of time and boring manager as well as avoiding the virus ?

3 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

We also have to get rid of Sheriden another waste of time and boring manager as well as avoiding the virus ?

Get Gary Johnson in !

Btw Shaun 

For years , every time I hear Hoddle talk football I think no wonder you got to the Prem

Still the most astute English Football brain there is IMHO , sees things as a pundit that no one else gets near

9 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

What’s the situation with the ground atm Shaun ?

The STFC trust are trying to buy it off the council but need power to sell his stake in the club but at the moment he appears to want too much money for this to happen. He's also got his court case ongoing where he's allegedly fiddled Gareth Barry and his agent (they leant him £750,000 when he bought the club in 2013) out of money for players that he has sold on and they had an agreement % of and sell on's which they claim they haven't received. 

8 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

The STFC trust are trying to buy it off the council but need power to sell his stake in the club but at the moment he appears to want too much money for this to happen. He's also got his court case ongoing where he's allegedly fiddled Gareth Barry and his agent (they leant him £750,000 when he bought the club in 2013) out of money for players that he has sold on and they had an agreement % of and sell on's which they claim they haven't received. 

If he loses the court case he may have to sell , and not in a position to hold out for what he wants ?

Hopefully - would be great if the trust could get control

57 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Secondly Lee Power has shafted STFC from day one and is literally hated so no idea where the claims come from 6 years ago that he was a brilliant owner as he's always made it clear tha he was here to make money and would go when it suits him and at the moment he's against the ropes having borrowed money from Gareth Barry and his agent and doing the dirtŷ on them as well as other dodgy dealing which seems to follow him around. 

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo !

That can't be right !!??

The whole world loves the 2015ers; they keep telling us so !!

?

5 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Wouldn't wish bankrupcy on them, but I'll never forget their complete lack of class at that game in 2014. There's a picture somewhere of Harry Toffolo punching the air with delight as Wade Elliott is shown a red card... then their lap of honour at the end of the game. Idiots.

I can't disagree with your comments and osme of the actions were out of order that day 

13 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Interesting your last paragraph, as I was reading a twitter conversation between Swindon fans a few weeks ago, where they were in agreement that the Oxford/ Swindon ‘rivalry ‘ is a bit contrived and they all see Bristol City as their real rivals, and are up for playing City more than any other club.

Surprised  me !

26 minutes ago, Bristolbarhopper said:

Interesting your last paragraph, as I was reading a twitter conversation between Swindon fans a few weeks ago, where they were in agreement that the Oxford/ Swindon ‘rivalry ‘ is a bit contrived and they all see Bristol City as their real rivals, and are up for playing City more than any other club.

Surprised  me !

Me personally it's Bristol City every time and loved the many games I've witnessed over the late 70's through to 2015 and it will always be a bigger game for me. Playing oxford is just hatred from both sides and never as enjoyable as a Bristol Derby and I've  no idea why they don't see Reading or even Northampton as a bigger rivals than yourselves considering they are both a lot nearer also over recent seasons haven't the Gas had a thing going on with them both at their place and in Horfield 

I've said this before but at a family gathering the grown up son of a relative on the Wiltshire side of my family refused to talk to us again after learning the family were City supporters. Much to the embarrassment of his Dad as we'd invited the whole family, who we'd hardly met before, over to discuss shared family history and were otherwise all getting on well.

He couldn't overcome his hatred of Bristol City F.C. enough to be civil though, and for Swindon fans like him I don't care what happens to them.

With good natured genuine football fans like Shaun though I can't wish for their demise. I hope they always have a local League club to support, and of course they give Rovers a good thrashing now and again.

17 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Well,

Ice Rink (ours gone), Speedway (ours gone), Oasis Pool (we can only dream), Premier League Football (see Oasis Pool). 

Oasis pool has closed for good thanks to Covid

1 hour ago, Bristolbarhopper said:

Surprised  me !

Other than Shaun who seems decent and obviously a few others in their fanbase who have been on here over the years, the majority of their fans especially in West Wiltshire hate City and don't really have a rivalry with Rovers as much.

43 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Other than Shaun who seems decent and obviously a few others in their fanbase who have been on here over the years, the majority of their fans especially in West Wiltshire hate City and don't really have a rivalry with Rovers as much.

I take it you live in Trowbridge because that is exactly how I see it too 

Archived