IGNORED

Still no Walsh update

Bassomylord

Walshy is coming right towards the end of his rehabbilitation now. He's started to sprint in the last couple of days and come to that top end level of rehabilitation of his sprinting and he's come through that all okay. This next week is hopefully going to be a real good week for him. Hopefully we'll get him over to the first team at some point next week doing a little bit of training and then we'll push him on from there. As I say it's been a hugely frustrating time for everybody, Walshy as well. But hopefully we're coming to the end of that. Of course we've got to be very careful and we've been here before but certainly fingers crossed there's some light at the end of the tunnel.

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Walshy is coming right towards the end of his rehabbilitation now. He's started to sprint in the last couple of days and come to that top end level of rehabilitation of his sprinting and he's come through that all okay. This next week is hopefully going to be a real good week for him. Hopefully we'll get him over to the first team at some point next week doing a little bit of training and then we'll push him on from there. As I say it's been a hugely frustrating time for everybody, Walshy as well. But hopefully we're coming to the end of that. Of course we've got to be very careful and we've been here before but certainly fingers crossed there's some light at the end of the tunnel.

Where does this come from ?

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Seems like if we can keep current fit players fit (I know!?) Then we have Williams back, Walsh not too far away, O'Dowda and Watkins in March and Sesegnon involved in the next under 23s game, and of course Paterson now back playing. We could be quite strong in the last couple of months of the season.

But will we have too much to do by that point. And players need to get up to fitness. These injuries might be down to one or more mistakes we make, who knows. But I really feel sorry for Holden because he wanted Walsh and Williams to be playing and Weimann too. And I think O'Dowda in has been a big loss too in how Holden wants us to play. 

It's been a disaster. Would love to see Walsh get his chance when back fit. 

Lansbury as well, he could be in the squad tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Is that type of open, transparent and honest response on injuries you want to see @markcarter? Surprised you missed that bit from the press conference seeing as it’s your bugbear...........

26 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Has Walsh not yet signed a deal either. So one would sirt of think what is his angle to the club. 

Is he looking to stay on and do well for the club on his return or wanting to shine until end of  the season to put himself in shop window 

He hasn't signed because Ashton said he hasn't been offered a contract. Though Holden said earlier that he had been and talks were going well. Take your pick.

10 minutes ago, chinapig said:

He hasn't signed because Ashton said he hasn't been offered a contract. Though Holden said earlier that he had been and talks were going well. Take your pick.

That makes no sense if he has not been offered a contract, and why has he not been offered a contract, what  are they having  talks about? Because if they are having  talks they must be about a contract offer 

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

You can just sense the disappointment from @Bassomylord that there has been an update and that its positive..! 

Just now, Rocking Red Cyril said:

That makes no sense if he has not been offered a contract, and why has he not been offered a contract, what  are they having  talks about? Because if they are having  talks they must be about a contract offer 

The point being that Holden told us some time ago that he had been offered a contract while Ashton told us recently that he hadn't.

I assume the latter is accurate. I therefore have no idea why Holden told us the opposite.

The options seem to be:

1. Poor communication between them.

2. Incompetence on the part of one or both of them.

3. One of them lied.

I have no idea which applies.

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

The point being that Holden told us some time ago that he had been offered a contract while Ashton told us recently that he hadn't.

I assume the latter is accurate. I therefore have no idea why Holden told us the opposite.

The options seem to be:

3. One of them lied.

Or maybe he was offered a contract that's since been withdrawn, given his lack of recovery and the ongoing financial struggles that clubs are facing, which probably wasn't envisaged at the start of the season, or whenever an initial offer "may" have been made...?

I'm pretty sure there's nothing sinister in the mixed message, but I'd take Ashton's quotes last week as the current situation, whatever may have passed before.

1 hour ago, Son of Fred said:

Injured.

Not necessarily. This from today's press conference from Holden on Lansbury. Seems like he's in contention:

I've been really impressed with Henri as soon as he's walked in the door. Already he's becoming a leader in the group particularly with those younger players, fantastic footballer as we all know with the ball at his feet. Certainly a huge hunger and desire to move this club forward and do well for us. You'll have to see if he's involved tomorrow but he's certainly trained well this week.

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

The options seem to be:

3. One of them lied.

Yes I see your points. 

But all seems bit not good for any of them. 

1. If there is poor communication that is no good for any one at the club or fans. And needs to be corrected adap

2. Incompetence needs sorting or removal of the incompetent party 

3. One of them lied is right out of order and requires an apology. 

And if Walsh is as good as believed to be injured or not why has he not been offered a contract any way. More incompetence? 

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Not necessarily. This from today's press conference from Holden on Lansbury. Seems like he's in contention:

I've been really impressed with Henri as soon as he's walked in the door. Already he's becoming a leader in the group particularly with those younger players, fantastic footballer as we all know with the ball at his feet. Certainly a huge hunger and desire to move this club forward and do well for us. You'll have to see if he's involved tomorrow but he's certainly trained well this week.

If he is a leader then it’s a much needed addition to the squad........

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Or maybe he was offered a contract that's since been withdrawn, given his lack of recovery and the ongoing financial struggles that clubs are facing, which probably wasn't envisaged at the start of the season, or whenever an initial offer "may" have been made...?

I'm pretty sure there's nothing sinister in the mixed message, but I'd take Ashton's quotes last week as the current situation, whatever may have passed before.

I suspect it's more cock up than conspiracy but Ashton seemed clear that no offer has been made to Walsh (or any out of contract players other than Fammy) rather than an offer had been made but withdrawn.

24 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

One of few reasons I could think of is if you're offering Walsh a new deal the Pato, Hunt, Baker etc all their agents then probably approach Ashton about a new contract, 'if you don't offer one now I'll start sounding out new clubs for my player' etc, so say you then renew all those you want for next season you're probably adding a few thousand to the wage bill, even assuming a couple of them may take reductions. That increase from what it is signed to when assuming we offer one is extra expenditure for the club. 

Or Walsh having been told by Holden he's a big part of his plans moving forward (Dean has said this in interviews) wants a contract more reflecting the level our 1st team players are on, Ashton perhaps sees Walsh as someone with 1 good season in league 1 and a handful of good games for us and doesn't want to put him on that money given how tight things are at the moment. Informal negotiations taking place between Walsh's agent and Ashton to come to an agreeable level with no firm offer being made etc.

Could easily be understandable reasons behind it, Famara is different as if anyone is likely to move abroad signing a pre-contract its him and therefore adds urgency.

6 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes I see your points. 

But all seems bit not good for any of them. 

1. If there is poor communication that is no good for any one at the club or fans. And needs to be corrected adap

2. Incompetence needs sorting or removal of the incompetent party 

3. One of them lied is right out of order and requires an apology. 

And if Walsh is as good as believed to be injured or not why has he not been offered a contract any way. More incompetence? 

On the latter, the squad is far too big and the wage bill far too high so we have to make some big decisions about who to retain.

Can we afford to keep both Walsh and Paterson for instance given that Palmer is not out of contract? Do we keep both, one of them or neither?

Archived