IGNORED

Still no Walsh update

Bassomylord

5 hours ago, Bassomylord said:

have we had update recently on Liam Walsh? Assuming he is not back this month that is 7 months out.....must be a really significant injury or series of injuries.

Assuming there has been no update that gives the impression he won't be back soon?

4 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Walshy is coming right towards the end of his rehabbilitation now. He's started to sprint in the last couple of days and come to that top end level of rehabilitation of his sprinting and he's come through that all okay. This next week is hopefully going to be a real good week for him. Hopefully we'll get him over to the first team at some point next week doing a little bit of training and then we'll push him on from there. As I say it's been a hugely frustrating time for everybody, Walshy as well. But hopefully we're coming to the end of that. Of course we've got to be very careful and we've been here before but certainly fingers crossed there's some light at the end of the tunnel.

We see many questions on OTIB where it is clearly answered either on the club website or in the press, I wonder if people actually look for the answer?

Is tomorrow on the red button :laugh: !!!!

Can I ask ... why are people hanging the success of this season on the return of Walsh & Williams to the squad?

We presently have major deficiencies in several positions, but do well with seasoned players to cover them.

We are not seriously challenging the top 6 this season.

Sorry?

4 minutes ago, LocoPal said:

Can I ask ... why are people hanging the success of this season on the return of Walsh & Williams to the squad?

We presently have major deficiencies in several positions, but do well with seasoned players to cover them.

We are not seriously challenging the top 6 this season.

Sorry?

A player (Walsh) that Holden said he wanted to build around, and his main buy (Williams) you would hope they made a difference. The midfield needs to protect the defence better than it has, the midfield needs to create more for the forwards. That engine room ? impacts all over the pitch and the players Holden wanted to be 2 of whatever system he wants to play should improve us.

The other parts that have been a problem, central defence has calmed down, RB we can cope it's only LB we have real problems . Can't do much now unless we find an OOC fullback , we just have to wait. 

As for a top 6 challenge, massively handicapped by injuries and still within a few points, pretty much all we could have hoped for. Having not only Williams & Walsh back, but Paterson & Palmer too gives us options we need. Hopefully it will be enough to keep us involved until the final day.

5 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Walshy is coming right towards the end of his rehabbilitation now. He's started to sprint in the last couple of days and come to that top end level of rehabilitation of his sprinting and he's come through that all okay. This next week is hopefully going to be a real good week for him. Hopefully we'll get him over to the first team at some point next week doing a little bit of training and then we'll push him on from there. As I say it's been a hugely frustrating time for everybody, Walshy as well. But hopefully we're coming to the end of that. Of course we've got to be very careful and we've been here before but certainly fingers crossed there's some light at the end of the tunnel.

WALSHY'S ALIVE!!!!!!

15 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Seems like if we can keep current fit players fit (I know!?) Then we have Williams back, Walsh not too far away, O'Dowda and Watkins in March and Sesegnon involved in the next under 23s game, and of course Paterson now back playing. We could be quite strong in the last couple of months of the season.

But will we have too much to do by that point. And players need to get up to fitness. These injuries might be down to one or more mistakes we make, who knows. But I really feel sorry for Holden because he wanted Walsh and Williams to be playing and Weimann too. And I think O'Dowda in has been a big loss too in how Holden wants us to play. 

It's been a disaster. Would love to see Walsh get his chance when back fit. 

Is this the same odowda that many were baffled as to why he "keeps starting"? as for the rest........when all hope is gone theres always hope eh :doh:

2 hours ago, Redpool said:

Fully fit squad or not. I wouldn’t envisage our league position or football to improve. 

Yes, it's utterly inconceivable that having better players on the pitch would alter either of these aspects for us...! ?

19 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes, it's utterly inconceivable that having better players on the pitch would alter either of these aspects for us...! ?

Why? Players get injured in rotation it appears.

I keep reading the same thing. Once Kalas is fit...once Mawson is back.. I think we’re missing COD..Paterson is back soon, that will help etc

Once these players come back. There is no real sign of improvement or admitting we’ve missed xyz since his injury. We keep going round in a circle. What we have in my opinion is a very average mid table squad at this moment in time. Regardless of who’s injured. Who in are squad realistically would get into a top 6 team at the moment? Possibly Bentley and Wells. As long as you actually have a coaching staff qualified to understand putting Wells up front rather than on the wing. 

10 minutes ago, Redpool said:

I keep reading the same thing. Once Kalas is fit...once Mawson is back.. I think we’re missing COD..Paterson is back soon, that will help etc

Once these players come back. There is no real sign of improvement or admitting we’ve missed xyz since his injury. We keep going round in a circle. What we have in my opinion is a very average mid table squad at this moment in time. Regardless of who’s injured. Who in are squad realistically would get into a top 6 team at the moment? Possibly Bentley and Wells. As long as you actually have a coaching staff qualified to understand putting Wells up front rather than on the wing. 

Mawson improved us since coming back, seemed to drag Kalas’ performances up having him next to him since his return

16 minutes ago, Redpool said:

I agree with the rotational nature of the injuries. One comes back, 2 more get injured etc., very frustrating.

Where we have been more or less constantly patching up all season up though has been midfield.

With Paterson, Williams, Lansbury and perhaps even Walsh being gradually available over the next few weeks, our midfield - a vital part of the team - should be almost unrecognisably improved. 

I'm not thinking in terms of promotion, or even play offs btw - all these players will likely need time to find their best form after so long - but I do think we're likely to see a much more cohesive team emerge and a far more entertaining and chance creating unit if DH uses them correctly.

Btw, alot of players who look good in a top 6 team look better because they're playing with 3 or 4 outstanding players at this level. We do have some very good players believe it or not, but, like Massengo recently, they do have to be used properly and consistently in their most effective role, and getting the best out of players in this way has been a notable failure with City for some time.

Archived