IGNORED

Very positive about beating Cardiff!

Prinny

We have recently started fast, and taken care of the bad teams or teams playing badly at Ashton Gate.

Cardiff didn't win in January, they're on a bad run.

This is a big step down in terms of opposition from Brentford, and the only real worry is that they've had more rest and time to prepare for the game,.

So I'm actually really optimistic about beating them tomorrow.

COYR!

10 minutes ago, Prinny said:

We have recently started fast, and taken care of the bad teams or teams playing badly at Ashton Gate.

This is a big step down in terms of opposition from Brentford, and the only real worry is that they've had more rest and time to prepare for the game,.

COYR!

Yes I thought there was really good signs from Brentford game. Great to see  Pato back. Maybe a start for him. And maybe Williams on bench.

I do think it's well out of order that we played midweek and Cardiff did not 

Bet hey ho that's the way it goes. happy we should win tommorrow. But not enough that I have a city win on any of my accumulators for the weekend ?

Cardiff now have Mick McCarthy as manager. His teams may not play exciting football but they’re well organised and difficult to break down. As City’s recent style of play has been pretty turgid, I image a dull game on Saturday with Cardiff sneaking a 1-0 win.  Possibly scored by Flint? 

39 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:
43 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I'm optimistic also, so much so that I'm going to break my golden rule on betting on a City win, last time I bet on City to win was the play off semi final against C Palace, the odds are too good to turn down !!

Out of interest... If your last bet on City was the Palace play off game, why have you made it a rule not to bet on our games..? 

Not sure why it's added a quote to Cyrils post..! 

20 minutes ago, sludge said:

Only managed to beat them 3 times in their last 10 visits to the gate ?

Or you could have said we've won 3 of our last 7 against them at home..... 

Or you could have said (more relevantly) we've won 1 of our last 2..!

.... Or, Home & Away, you could have said we've won 3 of our last 5 games against them....  Or 2 of our last 3.......

But no... Let's go with just the worst case pick of the results list..! 

Positivity is laudable given recent shortcomings, injury news, and the pretty poor showing we had in Wales back in November.

That game saw us take 4 shots, whilst allowing Cardiff 17. We had a solitary shot on target to their 5, and came away with a win against the odds. The chart below shows that barely had a shot from the 5th minute to the 60th, had a little flurry after an hour, and then fell asleep again. Meanwhile Cardiff chipped in chances consistently throughout the match.

2020-11-06-cardiff-bristol-city.png

Here are the two starting XIs. I'm not sure what their team will be tomorrow but bar Mawson coming in for Vyner in defence and Fam in for Martin up top I'd say it's likely ours will be weaker.

Call me negative but I can't see beyond another loss.

image.png

1 hour ago, Prinny said:

COYR!

You had to go and start a positive post didn’t you???

32 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Or you could have said we've won 3 of our last 7 against them at home..... 

Or you could have said (more relevantly) we've won 1 of our last 2..!

.... Or, Home & Away, you could have said we've won 3 of our last 5 games against them....  Or 2 of our last 3.......

But no... Let's go with just the worst case pick of the results list..! 

Yeh i could’ve. But as we’re at home tomorrow and our home form has not been great for a few seasons I went with that. 

Winning 3 out of the last 7 at home against them isn’t that great either mind. 

13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You had to go and start a positive post didn’t you???

In this ten game run Jan 30th vs Derby - March 3rd vs Bournemouth it's either be positive about the Cardiff and Barnsley games or spend the entire month of February negative!

I don't think... or hope that we're going on a ten game loss streak soooo we gotta pick ups some points somewhere!

Thank you thank you, I'd like to take full credit for this excellent performance and result!

Next up we're going to beat Sheffield United 4-0!

I can only hope we're as up for the cup as todays game.

I also hope we  feel the magic of the FA cup as much as we felt the pride of representing city in the Severnside derby!

Archived