IGNORED

Hourihane

Bassomylord

2 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

He is obviously a big signing have we ever done anything like that? Gone for a big name? Lansbury has hardly played in 4 years so I dont think he can be classed in that level.

Robert Fleck years go

8 minutes ago, Cardy said:

Time & time again Swansea pull off fantastic signings. This lad is different gravy at Championship level. Absolute quality finish from his left peg again. Another demonstration tonight of how far off the top two we sadly are.

I think you will find we’ve tried for him in the not too distant past

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Haven’t watched any of the game but know how good he is. Especially  after we signed Lansbury . It’s just showed the difference in recruitment between the two clubs & why I keep ******* banging on about how flawed our recruitment / scouting policy is. 

Helps he is in a well drilled outfit every player knows their job.

4 minutes ago, PFree said:

What we could do with is our Coach being a good friend of Smith at Villa really ? We’ll see which player we got versus what Swansea got..!

Well when the player has the choice of a couple of clubs do you think they're going to choose the team fighting for automatic promotion where they may earn themselves a move if they go up or the team just inside the top 10?

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Well when the player has the choice of a couple of clubs do you think they're going to choose the team fighting for automatic promotion where they may earn themselves a move if they go up or the team just inside the top 10?

We weren't in for him this time around.

3 hours ago, Cardy said:

Time & time again Swansea pull off fantastic signings. This lad is different gravy at Championship level. Absolute quality finish from his left peg again. Another demonstration tonight of how far off the top two we sadly are.

We will never get it right Cardy. If you think Steve L is interested in Promotion you have another think coming my Friend.

He and Ashton spout the BS but us fans we'll always be an Inbetweener that thinks they deserve an invite to the cool kids party but will never quite get there.

Might it be that his wages proved prohibitive in these Covid times- elephant in the room is £85-90m 3 year gap in Parachute Payments.

Credit to Swansea for being quite well run too since coming down, but that 100% helps. What's good for the goose etc, IF Parachute Payments were loans that hit the Balance Sheet or Cash Flow only, club is nice and stable but can't go out and buy an advantage.

Why what's good for the goose? See the PL loans to Championship clubs related to Covid- that £8.33m maximum will be a loan and repayable out of future Solidarity Payments or other Central Awards.

Very easy to solve, if the will is there. Keep the system if we have to, but exclude it from Profit and Loss Account. Correctly structured loans or distribution would do this.

7 hours ago, Swede said:

I don't think he wanted to tear a hamstring and be out all season that's why he didn't sign for us.

Seriously though, I do now worry that players will look at us and think "what the hell's going on there? Not worth the risk." because of the crazy amount of injuries.

Archived