IGNORED

Cardiff (H) - Sat 6th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will happen?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Cardiff Score?

4. 4. Have you updated your Robins TV app?

5. 5. Do you like Polls in the matchday thread? (If there are questions people would like added or suggestions please reply/@prinny in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/21 at 15:01

Feel a bit for Nagy. To lose your place to 2 new players ( effectively) both of whom are working their way towards full match fitness.

Feels slightly desperate from Dean.

Hope I'm proved wrong. 

They've done enough to persuade me to pay with a tenner,  just to see how the 'new boys' play.

COYR!!!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Throughout youth and until summer he’d always played midfield, in u23s he’s played CB.  With Soady and Harper I can’t see how he’s had any real time at LB.  Tinns throwing “suggestions”?

@Lrrryou seen anything of Towler as a genuine LB?

Can't say I have, CM converted to CB, if there was any option other than Harper left it would probably be bringing Webb back to have a look

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure what Holden sees in the Fam and Wells partnership but I assume they'll both be up top together today.

Great to see Williams and Lansbury back, and Massengo getting another go. Ideally I'd want one less striker playing and one extra midfielder in there.

Statistically, Wells and Diedhiou has been the most productive in terms of City goals as a team.

I think it could be 442.

If Cardiff go 352/3412, I think two strikers split 3 Cardiff CBs that 3 City Forwards trying to split 5 Cardiff “Defenders”.

But ultimately it’s about what we do to impose our game.

Just now, Jimbo76 said:

Feel a bit for Nagy. To lose your place to 2 new players ( effectively) both of whom are working their way towards full match fitness.

Hope I'm proved wrong. 

They've done enough to persuade me to pay with a tenner,  just to see how the 'new boys' play.

COYR!!!

Nagy has been overloaded for weeks and given what happened with Martin it seems totally sensible to pull him out imo.

1 minute ago, Jimbo76 said:

Hope I'm proved wrong. 

COYR!!!

Agree very harsh on him imho but I’m sure he’ll have a part to play at some point.  

6 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Massengo is not a winger as shown in previous games, would much rather have Wells there if either of them have to get played wide.

Like that team, excited by that midfield 3, really hope it works. Probably our strongest team at the moment?

I thought Wieman on the wing was bad enough, Wells there is a total waste of time

Just now, BanburyRed said:

Alternatively, how long into the game before one of them gets injured......? :ph34r:

I thought that, but was reluctant to say it. Both off with strains of some sort, never to be seen again this season? I’ve said this as a joke but, with City, it could easily happen 

With some players gradually returning from their injuries, it's exciting to see the strength in this squad start to creep through. 

Today's starting XI and bench looks much better than in recent weeks. 

It's exciting to think that we still have the likes of JD, Walsh, Baker, Sessegnon, Weimann, Martin, Rowe, etc for further depth. 

Looking forward to today.

COYR!!!

51 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah I'd say play him if he's good enough. I'm all for playing youth but if he's way out of his depth at this level then I would not play him. Interesting to see if Holden does go with Harper having not played him midweek in the 23s. Maybe that is the plan.

Was that Taunton game?

It was against Yate Jon,  I was a bit disappointed as travelled from Weston thinking that a match advertised as a 'Bristol City 11'. might have one or two first team players or at least some on the fringe but it was a very young side and they looked out of their depth against Yate with no-one, aside from Harper, who looked anywhere near ready for men's football.

Archived