IGNORED

Cardiff (H) - Sat 6th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will happen?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Cardiff Score?

4. 4. Have you updated your Robins TV app?

5. 5. Do you like Polls in the matchday thread? (If there are questions people would like added or suggestions please reply/@prinny in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/21 at 15:01

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Its bloody fortunate we started the season so well and our points total is inflated by win lose 3 points rather than draw draw 2 points

I dont disagree there.

Some people (and this part isn't aimed at you btw) seem to think that because I'm not borderline self harming over the results I'm happy with them or it means I think we're playing well, even when I say we're not.

The performances have been poor for a long time, but there had been a resolve about this side that meant we could grind out results.

We will be a midtable side this season, and while I'd say we won't be relegation fodder next season, if performances don't pick up then I'd expect us to be a bottom half one next season, but again one not *really* troubled with relegation (as in we may be near the positions at times, but would end up relatively comfortable for the bottom third of the table).

However with all that said, as the players returning from injury get more time I do think performances will pick up, though again for clarity to those needing it (again, not necessarily yourself) that doesn't mean we suddenly become prime Netherlands with total football.

We're going to win 3-2! We'll score 3 for the first time this season and nothing will go wrong in the second half. 

What a load of tosh the above statement from me is. Our form has been crap, everyone (apart from our coaching staff, Mr Ashton etc) could see we needed a left back because of injuries and... Nothing. 

It's not good enough the incompetence from the top is astounding, Dean Holden love the guy to bits but he's not good enough to be a manager his record at Oldham didn't impress me and I want going to give him the benefit of the doubt but he's just not good enough, our former England youth manager and coach what the hell are they doing? You'd think they'd have the know all to say "this is what needs to be done" and finally Mark Ashton whose job should be judged on Dean Holden, Ashton was the one who did the interviews he said Holden was the best man so he should be held accountable. 

This game is a Local Derby and the lads just aren't showing enough. I'd score them all 0/10 you'd want some passion and some fight but it's just... Nothing. 

Howe and his former assistant Tindall are available just go out and get them. 

First half frustrations in a nutshell

Truly shocking half from us; poor defending has gifted them two goals. We have offered absolutely nothing going forward, either playing sideways in our half, giving it away cheaply or very hopefully floating a nothing ball forward which is far to easy for them to defend.

Each time Cardiff get a cross in they look like scoring. Utterly frustrating to watch and I would think to play in to - the only good news is watching this has cost me a tenner whereas Steve L has spent millions for the ‘pleasure’.

Our midfield (despite the two changes) has been neigh on invisible.

Given our zero attempts on goal Smithies may as well have stayed on the pitch.

Dean needs to give them the complete hair dryer job at half time although tbh the players themselves should all look each other in the eye and resolve to start playing football in the second half.

Players frustrations starting to surface with two yellow cards in the last couple of minutes of the half.

With my ‘anything can happen hat on’ the next goal is critical, they score = game over, if we can somehow score = who knows.

In essence:

1 only one team in it

2 we have no idea how to stop their direct play

3 creating no threat of our own going forward

4 woeful to watch

5 next goal critical

We’ve set up wrong and we’ve got the tactics wrong - falling into every trap Cardiff laid and our only option going forward plays perfectly into Cardiff’s hands.

I won’t bother talking about individuals - 9 or 10 of the 11 are 4 or 5 out of 10.

I was positive going into today’s game - but it seems whatever team we put out, whatever the set up, no matter the oppositions tactics or style, we get dominated, game after game.

Our only tactic is to hope for a moment of quality to nick and goal and then defend for our lives. If that doesn’t work, we’ve got nothing. Sad to see. Where is the style, identity, purpose, energy? Nowhere.

And now the players discipline is going too. Another dire half of football.

Has anyone ever seen the series misfits? Where in one episode a guy thinks he is playing in a real life version of Grand Theft Auto 

This is our management team, except they think they are playing the game football manager rather than actually managing a team. 34 year old right footed centre back playing at left back? Bringing in an experienced number 10 to play as the deepest lying midfielder in a pivot? Tactical genius! 

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

We are just a really poor side at the moment. I really have no idea even what we are trying to do. Not too worried about this season (yet) but across the whole of next season would only see one outcome given no changes.

I don't know quite why you're not worried about this season - this deterioration has been going on for years and the powers that be do not have any ambition or strategy to be seriously competitive at this level.    To be fair to Lansdown, why would he care?  he has a sports business which is doing alright all things considered.

Archived