IGNORED

Cardiff (H) - Sat 6th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will happen?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Cardiff Score?

4. 4. Have you updated your Robins TV app?

5. 5. Do you like Polls in the matchday thread? (If there are questions people would like added or suggestions please reply/@prinny in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/21 at 15:01

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

Has anyone ever seen the series misfits? Where in one episode a guy thinks he is playing in a real life version of Grand Theft Auto 

This is our management team, except they think they are playing the game football manager rather than actually managing a team. 34 year old right footed centre back playing at left back? Bringing in an experienced number 10 to play as the deepest lying midfielder in a pivot? Tactical genius! 

You would never do any of that on Football Manager...

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

We’ve set up wrong and we’ve got the tactics wrong - falling into every trap Cardiff laid and our only option going forward plays perfectly into Cardiff’s hands.

I won’t bother talking about individuals - 9 or 10 of the 11 are 4 or 5 out of 10.

I was positive going into today’s game - but it seems whatever team we put out, whatever the set up, no matter the oppositions tactics or style, we get dominated, game after game.

Our only tactic is to hope for a moment of quality to nick and goal and then defend for our lives. If that doesn’t work, we’ve got nothing. Sad to see. Where is the style, identity, purpose, energy? Nowhere.

And now the players discipline is going too. Another dire half of football.

I remember the Millwall coach saying how easy it was to come up with plan to beat us.    It seems like our coaches have no idea how to prepare.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Still think we might get something here. Im expecting a big 2nd half.

As our second half performances have generally been worse than the first half, I have no idea why you are expecting that. Unless it’s sarcasm or possibly SL waking up and realising that DH was a terrible appointment and it’s time to bring in someone else.

Just 11points from safety now, no chance of going down....hmmmmm?..and the third rele place is Derby who have already beaten us and they have a game in hand.

Really tough games this month this was one of the easier ones....but its fine we are too good to go down.....not.

Worst half I’ve seen all season, which is saying quite something. Cardiff were all over us and we had no answer at all.

Mariappa at left back is unbelievably bad. Not his fault as a right footed, 35 year old centre half but it’s such an obvious weakness for teams to exploit.

Williams isn’t ready and I honestly think that Kalas is the most overrated player I’ve seen in recent years. Everything he does is last ditch.... fans seem to love him for putting his body on the line but he has to do that because his reading of the game is so poor. His lack of marking for the second goal was atrocious. 

Massengo had some good touches and Lansbury looks like he has talent but that aside that was as poor a performance from us as you could ever wish to see. Again. 

I'm hoping the 'we'll get the value out of Famara on the pitch' means we won't see him left on the pitch when he doesn't deserve to be on there or when it doesn't fit with the tactical style just to get some value from him. Having Famara on the pitch against Cardiff's defence is just encouraging balls into him which he isn't winning. I'd take him off for Bell and play Wells through the middle with Antoine and Bell either side of him.

Archived