IGNORED

Cardiff (H) - Sat 6th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will happen?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Cardiff Score?

4. 4. Have you updated your Robins TV app?

5. 5. Do you like Polls in the matchday thread? (If there are questions people would like added or suggestions please reply/@prinny in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/21 at 15:01

Holden is being out managed today MM is showing his experience. His team are buying cheap fouls, slowing the game down at every opportunity, bullying us all over the pitch and targeting our LB position they know we haven't got one. So frustrating but it must be one day closer to DH's departure 

Abysmal. Laughably poor.

We're becoming such a ragbag of journeymen that's its hard to feel much emotional attachment to the players - Mariappa, Mawson, Wells, Williams, Lansbury all appear to have had their better days at other clubs in other seasons. 

Like watching a bunch of blokes who've never met each other.

Mick McCarthy might be managing Cardiff today but it may as well be Neil Warnock. Like a typical Warnock side McCarthy has set up Cardiff to play a physical, stop start and setpiece game which we always struggle against. We're simply not moving the ball around on the floor quick enough, lumping the ball forward towards Fam and playing into their hands. Worse is that the ref has booked Lansbury and Mawson for fouls in the Cardiff defensive area but has ignored assaults by Nelson, NG and Ojo when we were on the attack. 

1 minute ago, glos old boy said:

Just 11points from safety now, no chance of going down....hmmmmm?..and the third rele place is Derby who have already beaten us and they have a game in hand.

Really tough games this month this was one of the easier ones....but its fine we are too good to go down.....not.

No chance. Teams at bottom averaging one point a game for safety. We need 2 wins and 2 draws on that basis 

2 minutes ago, City_USA said:

paul cook or frank Lampard strike well the irons hot

Frank Lampard? Ok mate he’s only on £4M per year at Chelsea. I’m sure he’s in no rush to take on another job while he’s getting paid compensation, as tempted as he might be to take us on. ?

4 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Gillmartin rattling on about the triple subs needed at Brentford! I don’t suppose he noted the negative effect those subs had! 

Did he also mention Brentford made 5 subs in the game that knocked them about and we got are second. They won the game even before are second goal Gilmartin is another waste of space picking up a wage.

3 dominant centre backs. Flint 6ft 6, Morrison 6ft 4, Nelson 6ft. All brilliant in the air and strong as any cb’s in this league. 

3 cultured midfielders, Lansbury, Williams, HNM. 

Number of balls played into the channel to turn the big dominant CB’s. None. 

Number of balls lumped up to Diedhiou by our long ball defence, for him to lose to the 3 dominant CB’s. Loads. 

Oh dear. 

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I've quietly seen people praising Mawson and been thinking he's good but I really don't think he's as good as some people say.

He doesn't look comfortable in wide areas. Much less comfortable than Kalas, Vyner or even Moore do.

He is good in the air and strong. Good passer off either foot. He's good at this level for sure. But Fulham fans thought he was poor for them and he can look a bit dodgy I think.

Trouble is we don't have any full backs to help him.

2 minutes ago, Dingbat said:

Today, or this season?

the answer is no to both, btw. 

Well both are relevant

But injuries  aside , allowing for a few sore results due to them we should at least see some semblance of a plan or clear thinking

We look a shambles and even someone like Kalas looks like a trialist at times

Im afraid he looks like he’s making it up as he go’s along - and that’s going to get us nowhere , well L1 in time.

Injuries or no injuries I see zero green shoots personally

Archived