IGNORED

Cardiff (H) - Sat 6th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will happen?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Cardiff Score?

4. 4. Have you updated your Robins TV app?

5. 5. Do you like Polls in the matchday thread? (If there are questions people would like added or suggestions please reply/@prinny in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/21 at 15:01

27 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

It's all about staying up now Lansdowns have no ambition too busy sipping bubbly and riding on the coat tails of Bristol rugby.

Had a chance to appoint a quality manager and we have ended up with Larry Curly and Moe. Dont get me wrong very grateful for all the Lansdowns have done but questions need answering.

We're not going down ffs

1 minute ago, Galway Red said:

Where do you see the 9 points coming from? 

TBF I've looked at the games remaining and can see us conservatively getting 15-18 points at least.  Never nailed obviously but think we should be fine this season.  But avoiding relegation wasnt the aim was it.  We sacked our last manager (rightly imo) for not hitting top 6.  

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Or it suggests he's given the players a bollocking to try and fire them up and get a response early in the second half. 

There's no accurate thing to be read from no subs made at half time as that doesn't happen in 95% of games, barring an injury.

The problem is we're so slow to make changes. There's research and analysis - think I read it in Simon Kuper's Soccernomics but I forget if he did the actual study or someone else - that shows that teams that are losing that make changes by 55 minutes are far more likely to get a result than teams that wait any longer than that. It's rare that we make changes before it is too late to influence a game.

When you've got one shot on target at home against a substitute golalkeeper, you really need to be in the 5% of games that make a change at half time. 

2 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Where do you see the 9 points coming from? 

QPR, Brum, Wycombe, Coventry, Forest, Wednesday. 

In this league any team can pick up points against any other, we would realistically get a draw against any of the teams below us that I havent listed, even a couple of the ones above us.

1 win against 1 team I listed and draws in the others would be 8 points.

Are you that blindly deluded by negativity you think we will never win a game?

1 minute ago, Robin101 said:

Fair play to anyone who is still paying £10 to watch us play in empty stadiums nearly a year on from Covid

You can truly call yourself a diehard. 

Its rapidly turning me off, I might become a more general football fan when crowds return and go around the country visiting different clubs

1 minute ago, Robin101 said:

Fair play to anyone who is still paying £10 to watch us play in empty stadiums nearly a year on from Covid

You can truly call yourself a diehard. 

I may be a diehard but it's a slow death watching this. Should have started Williams but left Lansbury for the last 15.

1 minute ago, lenred said:

TBF I've looked at the games remaining and can see us conservatively getting 15-18 points at least.  Never nailed obviously but think we should be fine this season.  But avoiding relegation wasnt the aim was it.  We sacked our last manager (rightly imo) for not hitting top 6.  

Before today you would have said 3 points from today 

Archived