IGNORED

Cardiff (H) - Sat 6th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will happen?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Cardiff Score?

4. 4. Have you updated your Robins TV app?

5. 5. Do you like Polls in the matchday thread? (If there are questions people would like added or suggestions please reply/@prinny in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/21 at 15:01

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

And he is looking a bit heavier these days......

Lansbury stays on (on a yellow card and hasn’t played much) and HNM (our best player today ) is taken off - discuss. 

Shocking. What do we expect though? Holden tactically is the worst Manager i've known us to have in charge.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

I understand what you're saying LB, but the reality is that in the vast, vast majority of games (certainly pre covid, of course things will be different with the extra subs allowed), subs made at half time were almost exclusively because of an injury, whether match ending or just precautionary measures.

There of course are times where it does happen, but they are maybe 1 time in 10.

So to then extrapolate that Holden is happy with the performance because no subs were made at half time is like me saying that because I rolled a 1 on a die, I will always roll a 1.

Sure. But I think the reasons why managers are loathe to make changes at half-time are twofold.

1) Because it potentially embarrasses the player taken off.

2) Because it is a tacit admission that the manager got the team selection wrong.

I agree managers rarely make changes at halftime, and you can't read too much into it. But more managers should make changes at half-time, if they could get past the embarrassment of admitting a mistake in the initial team selection. And we certainly should have done so today. 

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

By the way Semenyo reached to get the ball he clearly wasn’t aware that Massengo was behind him.

I agree it looked that way. But Im just not sure its always that straightforward.

Semenyo might have heard a shout but still decided he was in a position to control it. Forwards aren't known for stepping aside when they have a chance.

He might have heard a shout but was aware of the possibility that it had come from a Cardiff player. Again, not unknown, I'm sure!

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Not sure how we can tbh - we will just continue to slide I would imagine......but then we all know that what we think as fans doesnt really mean much.

There will be lots of waffle and bluff about CoVid, injuries blah blah 

No one stepping back and looking deeper - and identifying what positive signs there are , from our ‘coaching team’ ,  or are not , and the likely trajection,  looking beyond anything more than the next few weeks 

13 minutes ago, Matty Taylors a Red said:

How often do we actually have more than 1 shot on target? Almost every game it seems to be 1 and occasionally 0. Other teams very rarely have such a poor amount yet we do this consistently?

If you're honestly interested then our average is 3.07 per game.

We've had 1 or fewer on only 5 occasions this season. This game will be the 6th unless we can find a second.

So it's less than you think, but it's still low when you consider we tend to allow our opponents 4 against us. If you rank the 24 by shots on target per game we come in at about 18th.

Never been so disappointed with the football (as in the entertainment aspect) in 50+ years of watching and I bet they will be asking for season ticket money again before long. It'll need serious consideration as to whether to bother. The two teams in the stadium going in different directions. I appreciate the financial ramifications of the pandemic but the cheap/easy option of Dean Holden was a mistake. Taught a lesson by a  streetwise manager and streetwise team. Poor performance 

Archived