IGNORED

Cardiff (H) - Sat 6th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will happen?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Cardiff Score?

4. 4. Have you updated your Robins TV app?

5. 5. Do you like Polls in the matchday thread? (If there are questions people would like added or suggestions please reply/@prinny in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/21 at 15:01

Just now, Always red said:

Never been so disappointed with the football (as in the entertainment aspect) in 50+ years of watching and I bet they will be asking for season ticket money again before long. It'll need serious consideration as to whether to bother. The two teams in the stadium going in different directions. I appreciate the financial ramifications of the pandemic but the cheap/easy option of Dean Holden was a mistake. Taught a lesson by a by a streetwise manager and streetwise team. Poor performance 

I've seen us relegated 3? times and I dont remember us being this shit

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

Sure. But I think the reasons why managers are loathe to make changes at half-time are twofold.

1) Because it potentially embarrasses the player taken off.

2) Because it is a tacit admission that the manager got the team selection wrong.

I agree managers rarely make changes at halftime, and you can't read too much into it. But more managers should make changes at half-time, if they could get past the embarrassment of admitting a mistake in the initial team selection. And we certainly should have done so today. 

Probably a lot of truth in reason 2, but I'd also suggest that comes down to the self belief (arrogance) that is almost required to be a manager.

And also an element is potentially for the players morale, not just embarrassment for them, but some could interpret it as the manager not believing in them to step up their performance, creating a longer term knock in confidence. 

Archived