IGNORED

Cardiff (H) - Sat 6th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will happen?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Cardiff Score?

4. 4. Have you updated your Robins TV app?

5. 5. Do you like Polls in the matchday thread? (If there are questions people would like added or suggestions please reply/@prinny in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/21 at 15:01

2 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

I’ve always been very pro-Semenyo but for me the last few performances from him have been awful. Lots of the ball but pass completion must be less than 10%, really wasteful and no end product whatsoever.

Williams I thought looked lively but got a bit bullied today, Lansbury a few decent passes. 

Otherwise complete shit to be honest. 

Never looks like scoring.

when I said he won’t score at this level I got pelters 25 games later zero...

Edwards looks a better player. He looks like he ‘wants’ to beat players and go down the outside. He is the only player that would actually get me off me feet in the squad.

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

LJ wasn't crap. He just didnt have enough to get us to the next level. 

No , he just threw players under the bus , didn’t know his best team , or his preferred formation (Tried them all) and loved the newest shiny toy until the next one , and the next one..l.

Talked (Or tried to) a good game though 

6 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Agree but unfortunately some on here think he was no better.  

Not many!

LJ was incapable of delivering what we were all told were the clubs objectives. If he'd not been SL's 'project' he'd never have been given the chance in the first place. He was however pretty obviously more capable than his anonymous assistant who'd barely managed a club at any level let alone managed a side to promotion from one of the toughest leagues in the world. As I say, that's not conceding much!

2 minutes ago, mossey said:

Right it’s a point for every comment that predict  he’s going to say in his interview,

we  regroup and go again.

91B252CF-D8F9-4874-9EE3-87756F671D12.jpeg

Why would a manager come out and say that clap trap? Such a negative comment. His task was and remains to finish the club in the top 6; he talks like we are heading for the bottom 3. Oooh, perhaps we are.

Just now, Better Red said:

Never looks like scoring.

when I said he won’t score at this level I got pelters 25 games later zero...

Edwards looks a better player. He looks like he ‘wants’ to beat players and go down the outside. He is the only player that would actually get me off me feet in the squad.

You're as insufferable as Downsy...

Sick and tired of watching this rubbish. No change from Johnson. Barely a shot on target in each game. No entertainment. No quality. Out fought out thought on and off the pitch. I started watching City 50 years ago this year and we are not making progress. Nice stadium etc but a team and organisation that cannot compete and take us to the next level. Everything done on the cheap. Loans, etc. It gets worse week by week. 

12 minutes ago, 054123 said:

What a complete shambles the club had become. The rebuild needed is massive.

I don't think this is right. The club is in the best shape its ever been. The squad of players is pretty good (look how many games they'e managed to win this year despite this football).  Academy good.

But clearly the coaching team don't seem up to it. The football is totally without shape - pretty bleak stuff on the pitch but Im more optimistic about club than you are.

To quote Holden pre-match “The lads are really up for this one”.  Well Dean they clearly weren’t.  
That was another shocking home display with no evidence of a game plan or anything really.  Our lack of composure and tactical awareness is clear for anyone to see.  Surely Lansdown must act now and get rid of Holden and look to build for next season. To show no attacking threat game after game is unacceptable.  This has to stop NOW.   ?

4 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

IMO injuries can only be used as an excuse if you have a good tactical plan that is weakened by lesser players coming in to fill in over a period of time. We have no plan but injuries aside have still had 12/14 good championship players to choose from over the past few months. Personally injuries is a very poor excuse for our football since Late October.

Unsure about that- it's cumulative, it's constant firefighting- definitely we should have had more than we've often seen since late October- I'd argue up to Huddersfield away.

You're right @ExiledAjax The decline is and has been startling. Irrespective of injuries- we don't create enough, we allow too many chances, we often don't have enough possession- had a fair amount today but often we don't.

6 minutes ago, Pippintogg said:

Sick and tired of watching this rubbish. No change from Johnson. Barely a shot on target in each game. No entertainment. No quality. Out fought out thought on and off the pitch. I started watching City 50 years ago this year and we are not making progress. Nice stadium etc but a team and organisation that cannot compete and take us to the next level. Everything done on the cheap. Loans, etc. It gets worse week by week. 

Wage bill last season £33m, Turnover £27m- but then might have been £3-4m higher if not for Covid.

Nonetheless, on the cheap is far from correct! I would question how well the money is spent, has been spent- especially in some off the pitch areas but £33m wage bill ain't cheap!

Just now, the1stknowle said:

I don't think this is right. The club is in the best shape its ever been. The squad of players is pretty good (look how many games they'e managed to win this year despite this football).  Academy good.

But clearly the coaching team don't seem up to it. The football is totally without shape - pretty bleak stuff on the pitch but Im more optimistic about club than you are.

I think on the face of it you are right. There are certain facets of the club that have come forward by large margins even in the last 10 years. That said you can’t let that make you complacent.

The stadium is much nicer and a bit bigger. Its still average for this league.

The academy is starting to produce more league players but we will still lose out the brightest youngsters in the area to bigger clubs. 

The facilities are nicer but does it actually add that much value to the club when we have sub par coaches and medical staff. 

My point being, we have no right to stay in this league and on the pitch we have been on a downward trajectory for 3 seasons now. For the small things we are getting right, we are getting the same amount of bigger decisions wrong. All it takes is a poor season and we slip down a league where it will be even tougher to get out of with their salary cap now. 

8 minutes ago, dREDful said:

He was crap. No decent manager can't work out their best XI 4 years into the role. 

We shouldn't have gone with the 'breath of fresh air' approach we said we would. This is a continuation of his regime. 

If this is what Lansdown calls fresh air, god only knows what a fart smells like.

Archived