IGNORED

Cardiff (H) - Sat 6th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will happen?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Cardiff Score?

4. 4. Have you updated your Robins TV app?

5. 5. Do you like Polls in the matchday thread? (If there are questions people would like added or suggestions please reply/@prinny in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/21 at 15:01

11 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

That's the typical football forum/fan for you, always looking for the criticism

I'm usually fairly "rose-tinted" but fed up of wasting money on this shit.

Saw a tweet from Miles Jacobson last night or this morning about Watford fans complaining. 

He was pointing out this season is still almost certainly in their top 20 seasons ever. 

Now, as one of the younger ones on here I cannot compare to the days of yesteryear, but I feel like there's been an impatience that came in with all the sugardaddys that clubs have nowadays, but it doesn't just apply to the Man City's of the world, but the clubs lower down as well.

Once a club gets a taste of some success (this is always relative to the club) the fans demand more to come at, often, unreasonable rates.

In our case it was being top 6 a year after promotion. (As before that 23 game winless run, we were top 6 as late as Bonfire night), followed by top 2 at Christmas a year later, with Johnson actually having us overpeforming in terms of league position vs squad at that point.

So that became the expected norm.

Then we fail to get top 6, but because we had been 2nd at New Year (I dont know the exact dates) the previous season, then top 6 becomes the bare minimum acceptable, the expectation grows.

All that said, the club doesn't help itself when they stoke the expectations.

Of course, this is all speculation, before someone jumps on me.

Pathetic.

Absolutely pathetic.

Massengo the only player to take any credit from today. Not only is Mark Ashton ruining this football club, but he has ruined this young man's career. You can see the superior quality. If he had stayed with Monaco he would either be with a big club now or would have them all sniffing.

Famara once again tried his hardest against impossible odds. He IS our best defender, but is of course judged as a striker, which is what he should be. But when your team is forced to defend all game and has no creativity up front, what chance do you have? From now on any poster that I see accusing him of not trying will go on ignore.

I don't care what anyone says, a triple substitution to me always says, "I've ****ed it up and now I'm desperate". This 'management' team hasn't got a ****ing clue what it is doing. 

If we really aren't going down??... and if Lansdown had the slightest bit of interest in the football side of his toybox, he would pay up the contracts of Ashton, Holden, Simpson and Downing tonight and put Tinnion and Murray in charge until the end of the season. They might not have a ****ing clue what they are doing either, but it least we would have a bit of passion and fight for the shirt.

I don't want to see any more GIFs etc. from this football club of players pumping fists and tapping or kissing the badge until they show the same fight on the pitch. I haven't been so disgusted since I walked out of AG at 0-4 down to Huddersfield at half time in the days of Liam Fontaine.

3 minutes ago, daored said:

Why can’t we defend balls into the box, how many goals have we conceded this way? Kalas & Mawson as two centre backs but so weak 

You'd have thought that might be what we spent our time in training doing, it was hardly going to be a massive surprise that Cardiff were going to play like that. We had no game plan whatsoever, just the invariable lump up the field to Fam in the hope he was able to control it for long enough to bring someone into play.

I think the Holden is a decent bloke and evidently a decent old school coach by being the player's best mate and the conduit to the manager,  but he just appears to be totally out of his depth in a management position, especially in a league as competitive as the Championship.

On the pitch this group of players is an absolute mess, I can't use the word team because that implies some form of cohesion.

Time for a change, and now.

9 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

He didn't say we were crap. He just questioned when we were quality. I certainly can't remember much quality. Stoke away maybe. Even then we couldn't keep the ball?

When have we been quality?

The Northampton cup game was quality 

we managed to blag being jn the top 2 for a while at the start of the season, but we arent very good

9 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

I don't think this is right. The club is in the best shape its ever been. The squad of players is pretty good (look how many games they'e managed to win this year despite this football).  Academy good.

But clearly the coaching team don't seem up to it. The football is totally without shape - pretty bleak stuff on the pitch but Im more optimistic about club than you are.

The facilities are good. But it’s the on the pitch element which is really the only thing that ever matters. From Ashton down, we have no plan, no strategy, no coaching ability. A squad that is becoming ever bloated and aging and value on players being lost every year.

Rebuild time.

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Pathetic.

Absolutely pathetic.

Massengo the only player to take any credit from today. Not only is Mark Ashton ruining this football club, but he has ruined this young man's career. You can see the superior quality. If he had stayed with Monaco he would either be with a big club now or would have them all sniffing.

Famara once again tried his hardest against impossible odds. He IS our best defender, but is of course judged as a striker, which is what he should be. But when your team is forced to defend all game and has no creativity up front, what chance do you have. From now on any poster that I see accessing him of not trying will go on ignore.

I don't care what anyone says, a triple substitution to me always says, "I've ****ed it up and now I'm desperate". This 'management' team hasn't got a ****ing clue what it is doing. 

If we really aren't going down??... and ifLansdown had the slightest bit of interest in the football side of his toybox, he would pay up the contracts of Ashton, Holden, Simpson and Downing tonight and put Tinnion and Murray in charge until the end of the season. They might not have a ****ing clue what they are doing either, but it least we would have a bit of passion and fight for the shirt.

I don't want to see any more GIFs etc. from this football club of players pumping fists and tapping or kissing the badge until they show the same fight on the pitch. I haven't been so disgusted since I walked out of AG at 0-4 down to Huddersfield at half time in the days of Liam Fontaine.

Had me interested until you said to put Tinnion and Murray in charge ?

What a totally inept shambles of a display. 

Cardiff played the percentages, were very street wise and once again the opposition dictated the play.

Mick McCarthy is a wiley old fox and knows what to do. He must've been licking his lips coming up against our complete novice.

It doesn't seem to matter whom we play, Norwich, Brentford or Bournemouth it's a similar situation when we play Rotherham, Derby or Luton. This bloke is way out of his depth.

I can't recall the last league match where WE have dictated the game.

There is no identity, no plan. I can't believe the players buy into it and, more worryingly after the Derby defeat, he's now starting to to blame the players for a poor display. Today was much the same. Absolute dross.

Every coach or manager we come up against has the better of Northern Streaky and now he's on one of those worrying runs that he was a part of during the last coaching regime.

We are in serious trouble and are starting to slide. The writing's on the wall and one abject performance after another spells only one thing.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Unsure about that- it's cumulative, it's constant firefighting- definitely we should have had more than we've often seen since late October- I'd argue up to Huddersfield away.

You're right @ExiledAjax The decline is and has been startling. Irrespective of injuries- we don't create enough, we allow too many chances, we often don't have enough possession- had a fair amount today but often we don't.

What boils my blood is that these same stats were evident halfway through last season. Same trends - scoring goals through clinical strikers, but a low number of chances being created. Nothing was changed. We fired the number one bloke in charge of tactics, and appointed the number two in his place.

Then when games like Forest and Barnsley and Cardiff (A) come along early this season and show, clearly, that the problems hadn't been fixed in the summer. Nothing was changed.

Yes, injuries, yes covid, but honestly this was a dead season long before either of those things hit home.

I don’t support city but live locally and like to see them do well. I cannot believe you didn’t go for a manager who would not only excite the fans but also attract some quality players. Jon terry, rooney, or just someone who has something that would make you sit up.  Is there really ambition to play in the premier league because the recent manager appointments don’t give that impression. 

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

It is completely relevant to the conversation I was having.

The conversation I was having wasn't about us playing well, it was about the nonsensical claim that we will be bottom 3

When did I claim to be bottom 3 I stated that I'm starting to look at the bottom 3 and said we will struggle to get 50 points

7 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Definitely not on the cheap but boy we haven't spent well. 

Recruitment feels hit and miss IMO, but beyond that:

• I query whether we have set up correctly often.
  • I query the coaching and development.
  • I query the fitness and conditioning.

3 6 ft + centre backs, and we hit it long and play Diedhiou. Many other games, losing and throwing 3-4 centre forwards in hit and hope.

Where spending comes into it for me, could we spend better in these areas- management, coaching, development, fitness and conditioning?

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Recruitment feels hit and miss IMO, but beyond that:

• I query whether we have set up correctly often.
  • I query the coaching and development.
  • I query the fitness and conditioning.

3 6 ft + centre backs, and we hit it long and play Diedhiou. Many other games, losing and throwing 3-4 centre forwards in hit and hope.

We've spent awfully on wages and contract renewal and non renewals. 

8 minutes ago, bcfcchampions2015 said:

To quote Holden pre-match “The lads are really up for this one”.  Well Dean they clearly weren’t.  
That was another shocking home display with no evidence of a game plan or anything really.  Our lack of composure and tactical awareness is clear for anyone to see.  Surely Lansdown must act now and get rid of Holden and look to build for next season. To show no attacking threat game after game is unacceptable.  This has to stop NOW.   ?

Martin injured, Semenyo yet to score, Wells usually looks disinterested or is just not good enough which leaves the goals from Fammy, who won't sign a contract... but according to Ashton, as reminded by Ian on Twentyman, we are well on course for the play offs. Ashton is the sort of guy who rounds figures up, but not by just one decimal point. A complete waffler and boring spin merchant. I have no idea what agenda he is on but if none of us believe his flannel surely Steve L doesn't either. 

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Holden out, Ashton out, Downing the West Brom promotion winner out, Simpson out, Gilmartin out, Downsy out, medical staff out and Boy wonder out

Arhhh you mean the son?

Just now, Superjack said:

If we ain't going up or down, why not?

Because Tinnion will be a much better asset in nurturing the younger players. The club needs an outside appointment to re-evaluate all aspects of the first team. Currently this lot are operating at less than the sum of their parts and that is one of the problems

Nice guy but he has to go.

Remove the 12 points taken from the first 4 games and we’re in the relegation battle.

Almost every point taken since has been undeserved where we’ve questioned how we’ve got it, usually reliant on a very good goalkeeping performance by Bentley.

Several have been from Fam’s goals, who may not be here next season.

Fortunately, I think we will be alright this season but if he stays, I fear a relegation battle next season.

Just now, Fammyfan said:

Remove the 12 points taken from the first 4 games and we’re in the relegation battle.

Almost ever point taken since has been undeserved where we’ve questioned how we’ve got it, usually reliant on a very good goalkeeping performance by Bentley.

Fortunately, I think we will be alright this season but if he stays, I fear a relegation battle next season.

I think he’s already left 

1 minute ago, Fammyfan said:

Almost ever point taken since has been undeserved where we’ve questioned how we’ve got it, usually reliant on a very good goalkeeping performance by Bentley.

Coventry and Forest within those 4 games were completely undeserved.

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Saw a tweet from Miles Jacobson last night or this morning about Watford fans complaining. 

He was pointing out this season is still almost certainly in their top 20 seasons ever. 

Now, as one of the younger ones on here I cannot compare to the days of yesteryear, but I feel like there's been an impatience that came in with all the sugardaddys that clubs have nowadays, but it doesn't just apply to the Man City's of the world, but the clubs lower down as well.

Once a club gets a taste of some success (this is always relative to the club) the fans demand more to come at, often, unreasonable rates.

In our case it was being top 6 a year after promotion. (As before that 23 game winless run, we were top 6 as late as Bonfire night), followed by top 2 at Christmas a year later, with Johnson actually having us overpeforming in terms of league position vs squad at that point.

So that became the expected norm.

Then we fail to get top 6, but because we had been 2nd at New Year (I dont know the exact dates) the previous season, then top 6 becomes the bare minimum acceptable, the expectation grows.

All that said, the club doesn't help itself when they stoke the expectations.

Of course, this is all speculation, before someone jumps on me.

I think you can turn this on it’s head though. There is an expectation at Bristol City because we haven’t been a  top flight club for nearly 40 years.

Forty years since one of England’s biggest cities had ONE season in the top league.

No wonder people are impatient. People are just desperate for some success. It seems every club bar us has inadvertently found themselves in the top flight at some point. 

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Obviously were not watching when we won those early games. No point in pretending we were crap when we weren't really is there. But if you want to then that's up to you.

We were never quality. We had a game plan of sitting back and hitting teams on the break and nicking a few goals.  Then other teams worked that out and our one trick pony died a rapid death.   We have not looked cohesive or in control especially in terms of possession for longer than 20 minutes in any game that I can remember all season.  It’s been pretty much a group of individuals who can only sometimes remember what each other’s name is rather than a team who can pass the ball between each other and build any rhythm and pressure.  It’s been hands down the worst football I’ve seen in 10 years as a season ticket holder.  Lost patience now, utter rubbish

5 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Martin injured, Semenyo yet to score, Wells usually looks disinterested or is just not good enough which leaves the goals from Fammy, who won't sign a contract... but according to Ashton, as reminded by Ian on Twentyman, we are well on course for the play offs. Ashton is the sort of guy who rounds figures up, but not by just one decimal point. A complete waffler and boring spin merchant. I have no idea what agenda he is on but if none of us believe his flannel surely Steve L doesn't either. 

Arhhh you mean the son?

But the son designs our kits!!

Archived