IGNORED

Cardiff (H) - Sat 6th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will happen?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Cardiff Score?

4. 4. Have you updated your Robins TV app?

5. 5. Do you like Polls in the matchday thread? (If there are questions people would like added or suggestions please reply/@prinny in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/21 at 15:01

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Includes it all- staff, coaching- costs of hiring (say compensation to another club), costs of firing- and so on.

Thanks for clarifying, that might put a different perspective on what they can or can’t afford to do right now. Certainly don’t want the club to look at Derby style accounting practices in the short term to bring in a big money manager.

4 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

I think you are being slightly optimistic on current form......

Current form is 2 wins in our last 5 games.

It's bad, and the performances have been bad, but you've jumped in on a conversation between myself and someone who appears to think that we cannot get another point this season...

Now let's have a think on who's being extreme there, 0 points in 16 games, or 1 win at any point, baring in mind we still have to play Wycombe, Wednesday, Forest and other strugglers who have barely managed 1 point per game this season.

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

Pathetic.

Absolutely pathetic.

Massengo the only player to take any credit from today. Not only is Mark Ashton ruining this football club, but he has ruined this young man's career. You can see the superior quality. If he had stayed with Monaco he would either be with a big club now or would have them all sniffing.

Famara once again tried his hardest against impossible odds. He IS our best defender, but is of course judged as a striker, which is what he should be. But when your team is forced to defend all game and has no creativity up front, what chance do you have? From now on any poster that I see accusing him of not trying will go on ignore.

I don't care what anyone says, a triple substitution to me always says, "I've ****ed it up and now I'm desperate". This 'management' team hasn't got a ****ing clue what it is doing. 

If we really aren't going down??... and if Lansdown had the slightest bit of interest in the football side of his toybox, he would pay up the contracts of Ashton, Holden, Simpson and Downing tonight and put Tinnion and Murray in charge until the end of the season. They might not have a ****ing clue what they are doing either, but it least we would have a bit of passion and fight for the shirt.

I don't want to see any more GIFs etc. from this football club of players pumping fists and tapping or kissing the badge until they show the same fight on the pitch. I haven't been so disgusted since I walked out of AG at 0-4 down to Huddersfield at half time in the days of Liam Fontaine.

Tinnion and Murray would be ever worse, get Cook in. Should of had him from the start and he's still available.

1 minute ago, Packman said:

Tinnion and Murray would be ever worse, get Cook in. Should of had him from the start and he's still available.

Worse than this?? I doubt it.

Just want to see some passion. Results aren't paramount. 

We haven't had any matchday revenue for nearly a year. We can't afford to pay off this lot AND get outside replacements.

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm deluded for thinking we can win another game this season?

Brilliant, what's your next joke?

I'm glad you said 'can' rather than 'will'.

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

We haven't had any matchday revenue for nearly a year. We can't afford to pay off this lot AND get outside replacements.

Well in probability we almost certainly will, but the conversation was about us managing to get another 8 points this season, and getting a win isn't a necessity for that.

I would never put any game in this league as an absolute certainty for any side, but Wycombe, as an example is a game we'd be favourites in.

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

I think results are important, we're definitely not safe yet. Tinnion doing a good job and we tried him before remember, it was a disaster. And Murray is the bloody kit man, does he even want to manage? I doubt it. Having a kit man as manager, come on that's ridiculous. We need someone completely new, bot employed by the club. Cook for me before he goes anywhere else.

Well that was probably the most painful watch of the season and there have been quite a few.  Do we not know how to play attacking football?  We can't even create chances when we are 0-2 down.

I'm afraid that this manager and his coaching team don't seem to have a clue and as for the guys responsible for players conditioning, they seem to be doing more harm than good 

We are now 7 points away from the drop zone and looking more like a League 1 team as each week passes.  What is it going to take before the board realise than we need a manager and coaching team who know what they are doing.  Are they going to wait until we are in the bottom 3 or act to prevent it?

Our players aren't that bad, so it has to be the coaching and tactics.

Next up are Watford followed by Reading.  I don't fancy our chances against either of those two as things stand.

Good luck trying to sell season tickets by the way.

28 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

It's bad, and the performances have been bad, but you've jumped in on a conversation between myself and someone who appears to think that we cannot get another point this season...

Now let's have a think on who's being extreme there, 0 points in 16 games, or 1 win at any point, baring in mind we still have to play Wycombe, Wednesday, Forest and other strugglers who have barely managed 1 point per game this season.

Genuinely struggling to see a game where we will be competitive on current form. Our XG is one of if not the lowest in the division. Simple fact is that if we go a goal down now, we won’t score enough to win.

Sorry for butting in on another conversation though, frankly not in the mood for reasoned optimism after today.

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

Not beyond the summer, no.

Last time he was trying to manage his teammates.

I keep getting told that our league position doesn't require results this season. 

Well whilst we're still mathematically within a chance of getting into the playoffs, of course it does.

Every promotion from within at this club in recent times has resulted in poor performances, poor results, and ultimately the bloke who was promoted, sacked.

The reason many of these "promotions" never worked, is because they were all working with the same staff, or as you say, managing ex team mates. They were also part of the initial problem within the previous regimes coaching/management team, bar Tinnion, but he should never have been given the job anyway. That was another cheap appointment.

Holden was part of the problem 12 months ago. Ok he has 2 new assistants, but are they actually bringing anything new to the club? It certainly hasn't worked with regards to their contacts with the brightest young talents from the England setup has it?

The next guy in charge, needs to be a fresh face (although we heard that spin when Johnson was shown the door) and someone who will bring in their own team. If that means wholesale changes to the coaching set up, then so be it, because whatever they are doing isn't working anyway.

23 minutes ago, Taz said:

Well whilst we're still mathematically within a chance of getting into the playoffs, of course it does.

Every promotion from within at this club in recent times has resulted in poor performances, poor results, and ultimately the bloke who was promoted, sacked.

The reason many of these "promotions" never worked, is because they were all working with the same staff, or as you say, managing ex team mates. They were also part of the initial problem within the previous regimes coaching/management team, bar Tinnion, but he should never have been given the job anyway. That was another cheap appointment.

Holden was part of the problem 12 months ago. Ok he has 2 new assistants, but are they actually bringing anything new to the club? It certainly hasn't worked with regards to their contacts with the brightest young talents from the England setup has it?

The next guy in charge, needs to be a fresh face (although we heard that spin when Johnson was shown the door) and someone who will bring in their own team. If that means wholesale changes to the coaching set up, then so be it, because whatever they are doing isn't working anyway.

I shall aim this reply to you, but also a few others. I wasn't advocating Tinnion or Murray as the next appointment. Just as caretakers for the season. And I pretexted "If we are not going up or down??".

4 hours ago, Robin101 said:

I think you can turn this on it’s head though. There is an expectation at Bristol City because we haven’t been a  top flight club for nearly 40 years.

Forty years since one of England’s biggest cities had ONE season in the top league.

No wonder people are impatient. People are just desperate for some success. It seems every club bar us has inadvertently found themselves in the top flight at some point. 

I hate to correct you but it was FOUR seasons. You have to back to pre the Great War for our last top flight football though, but I get your point.

4 hours ago, Pippintogg said:

Sick and tired of watching this rubbish. No change from Johnson. Barely a shot on target in each game. No entertainment. No quality. Out fought out thought on and off the pitch. I started watching City 50 years ago this year and we are not making progress. Nice stadium etc but a team and organisation that cannot compete and take us to the next level. Everything done on the cheap. Loans, etc. It gets worse week by week. 

Lovely stadium and training setup, small time attitude. 

4 hours ago, SouthS22 said:

Stoke were the better side, Coventry who had just come up from League one dominated possession against us and would have won if they could score, against Wednesday we were actually half decent, and though I can’t even remember the forest game, really quoting those 4 games is the total  definition of clutching at straws.  Certainly wouldn’t suggest different- even if we had done ok in those 4 games, we’ve played shocking football for the vast majority of the season.  As I said, had enough now, time for a change. 

The Stoke game - we were easily better than them. 

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

We will be fine mid table mediocrity but obviously won't got further with Holden.

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

The Stoke game - we were easily better than them. 

Stoke was the only one of those games we deserved to win.

11 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Sheff Wed too I think. Coventry and Forest I didn't see but heard we were fortunate.

Shef wed were far the better team in the first half but we were 2nd. Cov was pretty even but we got a fortunate win, didn't deserve it....Forest we were battered but a combination of Bentley and lady luck saved us.

I think a fairer return for the first 4 games was 5/7 points.

6 hours ago, RedEyez said:

Had me interested until you said to put Tinnion and Murray in charge ?

Be honest would it be any worse? no it couldn't be, it really is like that film where a complete novice takes over and wins the league, well this is real life and real life doesn't turn out like that as we are quickly finding out, Hollywood? no more like Withywood. 

Archived