IGNORED

Cardiff (H) - Sat 6th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will happen?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Cardiff Score?

4. 4. Have you updated your Robins TV app?

5. 5. Do you like Polls in the matchday thread? (If there are questions people would like added or suggestions please reply/@prinny in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/21 at 15:01

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Wouldnt be the first one to talk himself into a job above him

That said, I wont judge Holden until he's got a fully fit squad. If he's gone by then I'll just accept it didn't work but I wouldn't directly blame him

I know on paper our squad today is pretty good, but there's more to it than that. It's not his first choice system or players.

Genuine Question

Have you seen any evidence of any coaching , improvement (in any area)  , or coaching to a plan ?

Or even a semblance of a plan that he might actually stick to ?

Just now, 054123 said:

Phew, roll on next season ?

This all feels very similar to me, it feels as it bid before we imploded after Johnsons old man went, we have thrown or philosophy in the bin and seem to be reverting to bringing in old past it players for "expirience" undoubtedly the rot set in under LJ and he was allowed to continue for too long, but the decision to stay with the continuity candidate will be one that comes to haunt us for a long while yet. 

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

There’s nothing dinosaur about Mick McCarthy. He understands the opposition’s weaknesses and gets his own team to play to its strengths. It’s quite simple really 

He plays the same way regardless who they play. Just happens playing that way beats us pretty much every time. 

Just now, JonDolman said:

Williams looks nowhere near ready.

Lansbury defensive midfield is surely not his best role. He has played a few nice balls forward but blimey he doesn't look good defensively in there.

And that Jon is borderline incompetent and negligent from Dean. Oh alright then, it is, exactly that.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Where did we get him from?

"He was good at Watford about a decade ago no?" Dean said to Simpson before they signed him. 

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

There’s nothing dinosaur about Mick McCarthy. He understands the opposition’s weaknesses and gets his own team to play to its strengths. It’s quite simple really 

I know there isn't. But that was the option on here from lots when being linked. He was my choice 

4 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Even the bottom teams average a point a game, we'll get mid 50s and finish about 11th 

Exactly.

We're playing shit, and I'm not defending the performances at all.

But the bottom sides this season have been utterly abysmal- if Wycombe take a point or more today there will be 2 teams on under 1 point per game so far, them and Wednesday.

Brum if they lose (currently 0-0) will be exactly 1 point per game.

That would make 3 of the current bottom 4 on 1 ppg or less.

Archived