IGNORED

Cardiff (H) - Sat 6th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will happen?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Cardiff Score?

4. 4. Have you updated your Robins TV app?

5. 5. Do you like Polls in the matchday thread? (If there are questions people would like added or suggestions please reply/@prinny in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/21 at 15:01

1 minute ago, Son of Fred said:

Would absolutely love to see Vince start today- I've long been an admirer..

He's literally got pace to burn,,very athletic & quite able to use that to correct himself if necessary..just maybe lacking a little physicality.

Sadly I don't see Dean making that call(of starting him)..........

Would make my day to be proven wrong!!

Ta, the bits I’ve seen are that he’s a bit of a “pocket-rocket”.

Today we welcome Neil Harris' Mick McBaaathy's Baaadif to the impenetrable fortress that is Ashton Gate! We welcome back Aden Flint, and Marlon Pack but not Greg Cunningham who went and joined Preston again or Lee Tomlin who has groin issues! (He's coming back later this month after having surgery.)

We've won 4 in a row at home (please ignore the away results) and come off an incredible display (for 20 minutes) against a very good Brentford team so with Cardiff not winning in the entire calendar year/since Christmas we're 100% going to win... right... It's doesn't get any easier in our next fixtures so the pressure is on! They didn't play a midweek game though...

Update your robins app now!

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/update-your-robins-app-now/

Regarding polls, I like them, and want to keep it to around 3 usually so it doesn't take up too much room. Match prediction, and how many each team score would be my ideal but if there's information about where the game is or isn't and updating apps etc I think it's a good place to put that too! Comments/suggestions/dissent welcome on that. If a majority hate them (vote) then I'll cut them out!

I think we'll do well and win today! Setting high bars of 45% possession, 5+ shots on target and 3+ corners as my expectation.

COYR!

As soon as the teams are posted on twitter I'll post both line ups in a single post.

We are playing shockingly bad this season. On the evidence of the two games under Mick McCarthy, the quality of our play hasn't improved. If Flint starts for us, then we may as well gift-wrap you the three points in advance! He's been absolutely shocking for us since he came back from loan, in fact, his entire time with us can only be described as poor. The same goes for Pack, he's not too bad at passing, just too slow in thought & deed. Our best player, Wilson, gets played too far out wide, or strangely, McCarthy has him on the bench. Kieffer Moore has been excellent for us up top, particularly given the poor service he receives from our non-existent midfield (has to be the worst in the division!).

Anyway, I usually look forward to the Severnside derbies, not this time though...

4 minutes ago, Sturny said:

2-1

I predict we'll play well in the first half scoring twice and drop off in the second but hold them off. 

Massengo has to start after his performance vs Brentford 

I wonder if he does! think he might get hauled off and then replaced by Pato/Lansbury over the coming weeks and back to bench obscurity.

7 minutes ago, Sturny said:

2-1

I predict we'll play well in the first half scoring twice and drop off in the second but hold them off. 

Massengo has to start after his performance vs Brentford 

Absolutely, showed on Wednesday what fantastic potential he has. Clearly very talented and still young, I feel he needs 7-10 games in a row in that same role to give him more confidence and to get the best out of him. 

I posted this in another thread, it would have been better if I had posted it here. So....

We are playing shockingly bad this season. On the evidence of the two games under Mick McCarthy, the quality of our play hasn't improved. If Flint starts for us, then we may as well gift-wrap you the three points in advance! He's been absolutely shocking for us since he came back from loan, in fact, his entire time with us can only be described as poor. The same goes for Pack, he's not too bad at passing, just too slow in thought & deed. Our best player, Wilson, gets played too far out wide, or strangely, McCarthy has him on the bench. Kieffer Moore has been excellent for us up top, particularly given the poor service he receives from our non-existent midfield (has to be the worst in the division!).

Anyway, I usually look forward to the Severnside derbies, not this time though...

16 hours ago, Malago said:

I’ll be astounded if Williams starts to tomorrow.  I would have thought they’ll  want to give him a full 90 minutes in the U23s and when, and if, he’s bumped up to the first team squad, I would imagine he’ll first be introduced as a sub with 20 minutes to go.

Possibly, but maybe give him the first 60 minutes ?

Either way, I think he'll be on the pitch at some time.

21 minutes ago, Latcher said:

I posted this in another thread, it would have been better if I had posted it here. So....

Some people wanted Mick McCarthy here, what are peoples first impressions of him? Very early of course!

24 minutes ago, Latcher said:

Shockingly bad, but three points off the play-offs?  How bad would we have to play to be in the relegation zone?

1 hour ago, Son of Fred said:

Would absolutely love to see Vince start today- I've long been an admirer..

He's literally got pace to burn,,very athletic & quite able to use that to correct himself if necessary..just maybe lacking a little physicality.

Sadly I don't see Dean making that call(of starting him)..........

Would make my day to be proven wrong!!

Agreed.

No point having an academy and then being too scared to start a youngster like Harper in the sort of extreme situation we find ourselves in at LB.

He's 20  - we've started much younger player before - and may even be a revelation.

13 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Shockingly bad, but three points off the play-offs?  How bad would we have to play to be in the relegation zone?

Good and bad is a subjective opinion. You don’t necessarily win because you played well and you don’t lose because you were shite (see first half on Tuesday). How many games have we won this season and you’ve come away thinking what a great performance that was? We tend to win a majority of games because we defend our goal for dear life rather than dominating a game. Is that good or bad? A mixture of both I would say.

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

They used to say that the sign of a good team was that you could win while playing badly, so perhaps we’re very good indeed!?

To a point. A top team will play well for the most part but have the ADDED ability to grind out a single goal victory or a 0-0’er when they have been poor. What you say therefore applies. However if grinding out results when being second best is the norm I’m not sure you can make that claim.

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Another option is Towler who is a left back too, as well as being centre back or midfielder. But I think Holden won't be afraid to go with any of them.

Owura Edwards probably not ready for this level but Holden wasn't scared to go with him midweek.

Afaic we've got a left back - Harper.

Don't put a right footer there and unbalance the team, play him.

(Don't think Towler is an equal contender for LB btw - 2 years younger and recently converted to CB after playing midfield through his youth career as I understand)

3 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Bit confused by the message about the APP, are they saying you can watch for free via the APP or you can access and pay for it?

The app features:

Access to all Robins TV, including live video and audio streaming on matchdays

The app is free, the games are not.

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'm very surprised to see how many people aren't putting Fammy in, I mean Cardiff are physically aggressive, we need to match that up front if we want to create any pressure on Cardiff.

Agreed. Our top scorer and is so vital in defensive and attacking set piece situations. 

Archived