Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Cardiff (H) - Sat 6th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will happen?  

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First half frustrations in a nutshell

Truly shocking half from us; poor defending has gifted them two goals. We have offered absolutely nothing going forward, either playing sideways in our half, giving it away cheaply or very hopefully floating a nothing ball forward which is far to easy for them to defend.

Each time Cardiff get a cross in they look like scoring. Utterly frustrating to watch and I would think to play in to - the only good news is watching this has cost me a tenner whereas Steve L has spent millions for the ‘pleasure’.

Our midfield (despite the two changes) has been neigh on invisible.

Given our zero attempts on goal Smithies may as well have stayed on the pitch.

Dean needs to give them the complete hair dryer job at half time although tbh the players themselves should all look each other in the eye and resolve to start playing football in the second half.

Players frustrations starting to surface with two yellow cards in the last couple of minutes of the half.

With my ‘anything can happen hat on’ the next goal is critical, they score = game over, if we can somehow score = who knows.

In essence:

1 only one team in it

2 we have no idea how to stop their direct play

3 creating no threat of our own going forward

4 woeful to watch

5 next goal critical

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

We’ve set up wrong and we’ve got the tactics wrong - falling into every trap Cardiff laid and our only option going forward plays perfectly into Cardiff’s hands.

I won’t bother talking about individuals - 9 or 10 of the 11 are 4 or 5 out of 10.

I was positive going into today’s game - but it seems whatever team we put out, whatever the set up, no matter the oppositions tactics or style, we get dominated, game after game.

Our only tactic is to hope for a moment of quality to nick and goal and then defend for our lives. If that doesn’t work, we’ve got nothing. Sad to see. Where is the style, identity, purpose, energy? Nowhere.

And now the players discipline is going too. Another dire half of football.

• Like 2

Just wait until Deano gets the boys in at half time to fire them up and set them out with a new sublime tactical plan to win the match in swashbuckling style..

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Has anyone ever seen the series misfits? Where in one episode a guy thinks he is playing in a real life version of Grand Theft Auto 

This is our management team, except they think they are playing the game football manager rather than actually managing a team. 34 year old right footed centre back playing at left back? Bringing in an experienced number 10 to play as the deepest lying midfielder in a pivot? Tactical genius! 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, cityexile said:

We are just a really poor side at the moment. I really have no idea even what we are trying to do. Not too worried about this season (yet) but across the whole of next season would only see one outcome given no changes.

I don't know quite why you're not worried about this season - this deterioration has been going on for years and the powers that be do not have any ambition or strategy to be seriously competitive at this level.    To be fair to Lansdown, why would he care?  he has a sports business which is doing alright all things considered.

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

Has anyone ever seen the series misfits? Where in one episode a guy thinks he is playing in a real life version of Grand Theft Auto 

This is our management team, except they think they are playing the game football manager rather than actually managing a team. 34 year old right footed centre back playing at left back? Bringing in an experienced number 10 to play as the deepest lying midfielder in a pivot? Tactical genius! 

You would never do any of that on Football Manager...

15 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Genuine Question

Have you seen any evidence of any coaching , improvement (in any area)  , or coaching to a plan ?

Or even a semblance of a plan that he might actually stick to ?

Today, or this season?

the answer is no to both, btw. 

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

We’ve set up wrong and we’ve got the tactics wrong - falling into every trap Cardiff laid and our only option going forward plays perfectly into Cardiff’s hands.

I won’t bother talking about individuals - 9 or 10 of the 11 are 4 or 5 out of 10.

I was positive going into today’s game - but it seems whatever team we put out, whatever the set up, no matter the oppositions tactics or style, we get dominated, game after game.

Our only tactic is to hope for a moment of quality to nick and goal and then defend for our lives. If that doesn’t work, we’ve got nothing. Sad to see. Where is the style, identity, purpose, energy? Nowhere.

And now the players discipline is going too. Another dire half of football.

I remember the Millwall coach saying how easy it was to come up with plan to beat us.    It seems like our coaches have no idea how to prepare.

• Like 1