Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Cardiff (H) - Sat 6th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will happen?  

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've quietly seen people praising Mawson and been thinking he's good but I really don't think he's as good as some people say.

He doesn't look comfortable in wide areas. Much less comfortable than Kalas, Vyner or even Moore do.

He is good in the air and strong. Good passer off either foot. He's good at this level for sure. But Fulham fans thought he was poor for them and he can look a bit dodgy I think.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Still think we might get something here. Im expecting a big 2nd half.

As our second half performances have generally been worse than the first half, I have no idea why you are expecting that. Unless it’s sarcasm or possibly SL waking up and realising that DH was a terrible appointment and it’s time to bring in someone else.

Just 11points from safety now, no chance of going down....hmmmmm🤔..and the third rele place is Derby who have already beaten us and they have a game in hand.

Really tough games this month this was one of the easier ones....but its fine we are too good to go down.....not.

• Like 1

Worst half I’ve seen all season, which is saying quite something. Cardiff were all over us and we had no answer at all.

Mariappa at left back is unbelievably bad. Not his fault as a right footed, 35 year old centre half but it’s such an obvious weakness for teams to exploit.

Williams isn’t ready and I honestly think that Kalas is the most overrated player I’ve seen in recent years. Everything he does is last ditch.... fans seem to love him for putting his body on the line but he has to do that because his reading of the game is so poor. His lack of marking for the second goal was atrocious. 

Massengo had some good touches and Lansbury looks like he has talent but that aside that was as poor a performance from us as you could ever wish to see. Again. 

• Robin 1

I'm hoping the 'we'll get the value out of Famara on the pitch' means we won't see him left on the pitch when he doesn't deserve to be on there or when it doesn't fit with the tactical style just to get some value from him. Having Famara on the pitch against Cardiff's defence is just encouraging balls into him which he isn't winning. I'd take him off for Bell and play Wells through the middle with Antoine and Bell either side of him.

Holden is being out managed today MM is showing his experience. His team are buying cheap fouls, slowing the game down at every opportunity, bullying us all over the pitch and targeting our LB position they know we haven't got one. So frustrating but it must be one day closer to DH's departure 

• Like 1

Abysmal. Laughably poor.

We're becoming such a ragbag of journeymen that's its hard to feel much emotional attachment to the players - Mariappa, Mawson, Wells, Williams, Lansbury all appear to have had their better days at other clubs in other seasons. 

Like watching a bunch of blokes who've never met each other.

• Like 2

Mick McCarthy might be managing Cardiff today but it may as well be Neil Warnock. Like a typical Warnock side McCarthy has set up Cardiff to play a physical, stop start and setpiece game which we always struggle against. We're simply not moving the ball around on the floor quick enough, lumping the ball forward towards Fam and playing into their hands. Worse is that the ref has booked Lansbury and Mawson for fouls in the Cardiff defensive area but has ignored assaults by Nelson, NG and Ojo when we were on the attack. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, glos old boy said:

Just 11points from safety now, no chance of going down....hmmmmm🤔..and the third rele place is Derby who have already beaten us and they have a game in hand.

Really tough games this month this was one of the easier ones....but its fine we are too good to go down.....not.

No chance. Teams at bottom averaging one point a game for safety. We need 2 wins and 2 draws on that basis 

2 minutes ago, City_USA said:

paul cook or frank Lampard strike well the irons hot

Frank Lampard? Ok mate he’s only on £4M per year at Chelsea. I’m sure he’s in no rush to take on another job while he’s getting paid compensation, as tempted as he might be to take us on. 😂