Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Cardiff (H) - Sat 6th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will happen?  

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Gillmartin rattling on about the triple subs needed at Brentford! I don’t suppose he noted the negative effect those subs had! 

Did he also mention Brentford made 5 subs in the game that knocked them about and we got are second. They won the game even before are second goal Gilmartin is another waste of space picking up a wage.

Edited by Street red
8 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Losing today and against Barnsley would leave us in big trouble. 😯

Barnsley are a very decent side. High energy press, beat Norwich in the cup recently. If we play like today or on recent games it could easily be another loss.

• Like 1

3 dominant centre backs. Flint 6ft 6, Morrison 6ft 4, Nelson 6ft. All brilliant in the air and strong as any cb’s in this league. 

3 cultured midfielders, Lansbury, Williams, HNM. 

Number of balls played into the channel to turn the big dominant CB’s. None. 

Number of balls lumped up to Diedhiou by our long ball defence, for him to lose to the 3 dominant CB’s. Loads. 

Oh dear. 

• Like 12
  • Flames 2
3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I've quietly seen people praising Mawson and been thinking he's good but I really don't think he's as good as some people say.

He doesn't look comfortable in wide areas. Much less comfortable than Kalas, Vyner or even Moore do.

He is good in the air and strong. Good passer off either foot. He's good at this level for sure. But Fulham fans thought he was poor for them and he can look a bit dodgy I think.

Trouble is we don't have any full backs to help him.

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I think the problem is that Lansdown has been taken in by Ashton, and can't see the we need to take a different path.

Do you think Ashton could sell Lansdown the Kings New Clothes?

19 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Not so, he said we would play aggressive, front foot football and get in the opposition's faces. Which we do.

.... Don't we?

But that means nothing, what is it we are doing? Every side has a clear identity bar us seemingly

1 minute ago, Red Alert said:

Frank Lampard? Ok mate he’s only on £4M per year at Chelsea. I’m sure he’s in no rush to take on another job while he’s getting paid compensation, as tempted as he might be to take us on. 😂

Christ did not know he was on that much ok paul cook

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Dingbat said:

Today, or this season?

the answer is no to both, btw. 

Well both are relevant

But injuries  aside , allowing for a few sore results due to them we should at least see some semblance of a plan or clear thinking

We look a shambles and even someone like Kalas looks like a trialist at times

Im afraid he looks like he’s making it up as he go’s along - and that’s going to get us nowhere , well L1 in time.

Injuries or no injuries I see zero green shoots personally

Just now, Robin Wood said:

City's performances are now getting the results they deserve where as earlier in the season we were getting results we didn't deserve 

Indeed. The luck has run out and the defeats will come in thick and fast now - dire.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I think the problem is that Lansdown has been taken in by Ashton, and can't see the we need to take a different path.

Lansdown may be a monetary genius but he knows **** all about football, I bet Hargreaves did all the hiring and firing in his empire , and whoever it was who said it...... he IS arrogant !

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Exactly.

We're playing shit, and I'm not defending the performances at all.

But the bottom sides this season have been utterly abysmal- if Wycombe take a point or more today there will be 2 teams on under 1 point per game so far, them and Wednesday.

Brum if they lose (currently 0-0) will be exactly 1 point per game.

That would make 3 of the current bottom 4 on 1 ppg or less.

Well James, we are currently just above half way in the table and we are utterly abysmal!

Not a clue how to defend as a team. Not a clue how to create in midfield. Not a hope of scoring because the service toward their goal is utterly abysmal!

5 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Can we realistically be relegated still ? 

Yes. I don’t think we will be, but I think we might flirt with it for a while before pulling a little clear towards the end of the season. 

• Robin 1
48 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Because I want to listen to commentary on the game without his constant droning on about the fantastic job that Brian Tinnion is doing.

Less is more Rene

He's better than the commentator