IGNORED

Cardiff (H) - Sat 6th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will happen?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Cardiff Score?

4. 4. Have you updated your Robins TV app?

5. 5. Do you like Polls in the matchday thread? (If there are questions people would like added or suggestions please reply/@prinny in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/21 at 15:01

I hope Vince Harper starts and  I would prefer to see a number of options,  including Bryan Drysdale, before playing Mariappa at left-back . I saw Harper in a pre-season friendly and he was the standout player by far and the most confident, energetic and vocal.   He played wing-back then and is probably better suited to that role than full-back as he is full of attacking intent but he is tenacious in the tackle as well.  It's a big step up but some young players really grasp the opportunity and play without fear.   

21 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

I'm so used to this fixture being an early start, I can't believe we haven't kicked off yet

1 minute ago, big dosser said:

im so used to be half cut by now after a few thatcher's

Doesn't feel like a big match, or a derby, or anything special :(

I'm interested in the posters moved to vote they don't like polls on the match thread.

After filling it in!

They're pretty harmless, not compulsory, and give a good idea of pre match expectations for those who want to join in, so why not just ignore it if you're not interested?

I think the teamsheet will be interesting.  We've barely got 11 players who are fit (and that doesn't include the ones with knocks or strains that we don't know about.  I don't think Dean is going to have many options.

Personally I would stick 5 across the middle of the park like we did at Brentford to give us the chance of controlling the game.  Need to try someone else at LB though because Mariappa is way to slow for that job.  Vyner, maybe or perhaps Taylor Moore or maybe Jack Hunt with Vyner at RB.

Our form is dire, but Baadiff are even worse with 1 point out of the last possible 18. Therefore, my prediction is a 2-0 win for City (so long as someone reminds the players that there are some white posts that we need to occasionally take a shot towards)

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'm interested in the posters moved to vote they don't like polls on the match thread.

After filling it in!

They're pretty harmless, not compulsory, and give a good idea of pre match expectations for those who want to join in, so why not just ignore it if you're not interested?

You couldn’t express an anti poll opinion without filling in the poll!

14 minutes ago, big dosser said:

no very sad times,always love this fixture

12 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Me too , this and Swansea ...:yawn:

It's the most lacal Derby we've had for a long time now. 

We may get a reprieve one season and get to marvel at the Bristol Rovers bandwagon as it surges past us on their way to Premier league Glory.... But for now, we'll have to make do with Cardiff and remain fixed in trepidation as Rovers "come for us" 

COYR..! 

I fear the worst when City play against any team that is going through a lean spell. It usually means that City give the team a helping hand to get back onto winning ways, hence my prediction of a 2-1 win for Cardiff. @Latcher’s comments probably means the two Cardiff goals will be scored by Pack and Flint. It’s a good job Tomlin’s not playing as he would probably have scored as well 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Another option is Towler who is a left back too, as well as being centre back or midfielder. But I think Holden won't be afraid to go with any of them.

Owura Edwards probably not ready for this level but Holden wasn't scared to go with him midweek.

Genuine question, has Towler played LB.  Until his recent conversion to to CB (pretty much over the summer) and being left footed, he’s been a midfielder hasn’t he?

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's the most lacal Derby we've had for a long time now. 

We may get a reprieve one season and get to marvel at the Bristol Rovers bandwagon as it surges past us on their way to Premier league Glory.... But for now, we'll have to make do with Cardiff and remain fixed in trepidation as Rovers "come for us" 

COYR..! 

hopefully Fleetwood can hit a 6 today

20 minutes ago, Leveller said:

You couldn’t express an anti poll opinion without filling in the poll!

Very true, all the same can't see the reason for putting down your likely winner, scores etc. just so at the end you can state you have an objection to having a poll.

If you're not interested in the poll just ignore it altogether surely?

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Very true, all the same can't see the reason for putting down your likely winner, scores etc. just so at the end you can state you have an objection to having a poll.

If you're not interested in the poll just ignore it altogether surely?

I wanted feedback, and you can't submit the poll without answering every question :)

Archived