Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Cardiff (H) - Sat 6th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will happen?  

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Sure. But I think the reasons why managers are loathe to make changes at half-time are twofold.

1) Because it potentially embarrasses the player taken off.

2) Because it is a tacit admission that the manager got the team selection wrong.

I agree managers rarely make changes at halftime, and you can't read too much into it. But more managers should make changes at half-time, if they could get past the embarrassment of admitting a mistake in the initial team selection. And we certainly should have done so today. 

I feel Lee made changes at half time relatively often compared to most? Often worked too? Or am I remembering wrong.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Cardiff could have stuck Dean Holden in goal and we still wouldn't be back in it...

Smithies could have stayed on, laid on a stretcher, as he wouldn’t have been troubled. 

• Haha 2

Shots on target.....1

The shots on target stats for BCFC on their own should be enough to get Holden the sack.

Why did I give up a tenner and an afternoon for this dross?

Same again......no entertainment.

Regrettably, Dean...you're fired.

Just now, Red Exile said:

Great. Let’s keep ‘Deano’ forever.

Well that's not what I said but there's no guarentee we'll get someone better! Especially if the problems lie underneath the surface as many on here say

Just now, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Watching this, I'd rather have stuck with Johnson

I'll hold my hand up and acknowledge that I was calling for LJ to go. Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would appoint Deano. I was hoodwinked by the rhetoric coming from those in charge that we were inundated with quality applicants from all over the world. Complete and utter BS from BS. I'm more angry than anything at the moment.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

I feel Lee made changes at half time relatively often compared to most? Often worked too? Or am I remembering wrong.

He did, a fair bit more than usual.

Funny considering that Holden is slated for not doing it, that Johnson was criticised for doing it.

3 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Watching this, I'd rather have stuck with Johnson

It did strike me that while LJs subs were often mysterious they did seem to have a plan to them and they sometimes came off. Holden's are probably consistently the worst and most ineffective substitutions I can recall. 

• Like 2
Just now, TomThumb84 said:

How he has hooked Massengo there with Lansbury on a yellow only to pull Lansbury 9 mins later.

This is jumbled rancid garbage. 

Never seen a manager so visibly out of his depth. It’s laughable.