IGNORED

Mick McCarthy 1st Half Masterclass (first 40 mins)

Davefevs

City 433

Cardiff 5221 with Ojo breaking to get ups with Moore.

City front 3 and midfield 3 narrow in the main.

Cardiff just pinging from back and WBs.....creating a 4 v 3 against Williams, Lansbury and Massengo....and completely taking our full-backs out of the game....almost making in 11 v 9.

I can just about see City's plan, but executing against the wrong opposition.

I wouldn’t call it a masterclass. I am sure you can pick out smaller details of it but it is still what Cardiff have been for the last 4 years. They batter the opponents box, protect theirs, time waste and draw fouls. We are never as streetwise as teams under managers like Warnock, McCarthy or Harris. They aren’t special tacticians but they know how to drill a team and with us having inexperienced head coaches we are always on the back foot against these types of sides

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Can you shed some light on this? I have not seen any plan for quite some time now.

We pass it wide, then back, then wide, then back, get bored and try a cross field pass to the opposite wing or ping it towards Diedhou and lose the ball.

I would suggest up against the Zippy, George and Bungle (you choose who is who) that we have, any coaching team is going to look pretty clever. I thought the selection tombola had been put away after LJ left but clearly Deano knew were it was kept and has been giving it a whirl.

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I wouldn’t call it a masterclass. I am sure you can pick out smaller details of it but it is still what Cardiff have been for the last 4 years. They batter the opponents box, protect theirs, time waste and draw fouls. We are never as streetwise as teams under managers like Warnock, McCarthy or Harris. They aren’t special tacticians but they know how to drill a team and with us having inexperienced head coaches we are always on the back foot against these types of sides

Our coaches are not inexperienced.  They are in their 50s and our head coach is in his 40s and has been coaching in this division for 3 seasons.

Exactly the way i described it in a WhatsApp to my brother. We've been almost naive to it.

Once we play a bit, we look alright. Too many times this season we've been outfought on 1st and 2nd balls. Right to play and all that yet again.

1 minute ago, Kykoliko said:

Can you shed some light on this? I have not seen any plan for quite some time now.

We pass it wide, then back, then wide, then back, get bored and try a cross field pass to the opposite wing or ping it towards Diedhou and lose the ball.

That is the plan - it’s somewhere between no idea and no clue....

1 minute ago, Kykoliko said:

The way Lansbury and Williams are able to break lines. 

3 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Our coaches are not inexperienced.  They are in their 50s and our head coach is in his 40s and has been coaching in this division for 3 seasons.

Lee Johnson was inexperienced and Dean Holden is inexperienced. Not even sure how you could argue against it. Holden has less than 30 league games under his belt as the decision maker. 

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Route one. By-pass the midfield and/or  take advantage of an out of position left back. An amateur could have worked that out. 

Hardly a masterclass.

Yep. Not much different from the last 5-6 times we have played them. Be nice if we learned from it one of these days 

I'm not so sure it was a masterclass as such...seriously that second goal...even myself at my old age, would have had the legs to at least block the cross, or attempt to. Marrapia didn't move at all...just stood there, no attempt, nothing. I'd be raging at him. That's not coaching...that's contempt and lack of desire, call it what you will.

I don't Cardiff have been great... we've just been shit.

Our coaching staff have made some of the oddest decisions this season that I've ever seen. From playing 5 forwards, to blooding two new midfielders today, especially after we put in a half decent performance against Brentford.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

City 433

Cardiff 5221 with Ojo breaking to get ups with Moore.

City front 3 and midfield 3 narrow in the main.

Cardiff just pinging from back and WBs.....creating a 4 v 3 against Williams, Lansbury and Massengo....and completely taking our full-backs out of the game....almost making in 11 v 9.

Good points but it honestly doesn’t take a masterclass to get a win against us

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Route one. By-pass the midfield and/or  take advantage of an out of position left back. An amateur could have worked that out. 

Hardly a masterclass.

Yet here we are.

If it’s so simple, who’s at fault Ashton or  Lansdown?

Because if it’s so ******* easy, which one if those two is the useless Pratt who cannot work it out?

1 hour ago, Greedo said:

Weird how Cardiff appointed themselves a proper football manager and are winning football matches and didn’t just set the criteria for their manager search at “good human”. 

That's his first win after quite a few games, other teams don't seem to have problems playing them

Archived