IGNORED

New Low

TomThumb84

I try to reset and be positive, but that was frankly abysmal. We are only going one way.

1 deflected free kick from 35 yards was our only shot on target in 102mins of derby football.

That line up is so much better than what we dished up despite deciding we can play without a left-back.

The substitutions? Our best midfielder for two games running hooked, and our best midfielder across the course of this season dropped.

A centre-forward who refuses to commit himself to this club has somehow become a man that has to play every minute of every game.

McCarthy and TC are probably beside themselves with disbelief at how easy that was. Plus Marlon Pack who seemed more animated and tactically aware than the whole of our bench.

Deary me, time to be realistic, this is dire.

Out-fought, out-thought, out-played.

Only silver lining for the board is that there was not 25k plus in the ground today as that would have been toxic.

Cannot see how anyone can draw any positive signs from the descent we are in.

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

I try to reset and be positive, but that was frankly abysmal. We are only going one way.

1 deflected free kick from 35 yards was our only shot on target in 102mins of derby football.

That line up is so much better than what we dished up despite deciding we can play without a left-back.

The substitutions? Our best midfielder for two games running hooked, and our best midfielder across the course of this season dropped.

A centre-forward who refuses to commit himself to this club has somehow become a man that has to play every minute of every game.

McCarthy and TC are probably beside themselves with disbelief at how easy that was. Plus Marlon Pack who seemed more animated and tactically aware than the whole of our bench.

Deary me, time to be realistic, this is dire.

Out-fought, out-thought, out-played.

Only silver lining for the board is that there was not 25k plus in the ground today as that would have been toxic.

Cannot see how anyone can draw any positive signs from the descent we are in.

One word - embarrassing. Club needs a complete overview from top to bottom

Embarrassing performance tbh. Probably the worst performance I've seen since Wolves 4-0 all those years back, but Wolves were class whereas Cardiff....

The players look drained of talent, belief, ideas. Forget the injuries, this is a coaching issue. 

The club are very very lucky there were no fans in there today. 

6 minutes ago, dREDful said:

Embarrassing performance tbh. Probably the worst performance I've seen since Wolves 4-0 all those years back, but Wolves were class whereas Cardiff....

The players look drained of talent, belief, ideas. Forget the injuries, this is a coaching issue. 

The club are very very lucky there were no fans in there today. 

100% clear this is a coaching issue.

These players are better than this.

Our tempo, phases of play, patterns, all set by the coaching team.

I actually think on the whole that the fanbase was pretty accepting of the whole Holden appointment despite the smoke and mirrors communication behind it, and have been patient, but some things are not forgivable and to be dominated in that manner in a derby is completely unacceptable.

Cardiff had not won in 8 and basically just swatted us away on our own turf.

Embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Agree. They keep repeating that they're desperate to get the fans back in, it would be fking toxic if they were, although it might lead to changes being made.

It's modern football. They want fans to shell out money, sit down, shut up and be grateful for what they get.

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

100% clear this is a coaching issue.

These players are better than this.

Our tempo, phases of play, patterns, all set by the coaching team.

I actually think on the whole that the fanbase was pretty accepting of the whole Holden appointment despite the smoke and mirrors communication behind it, and have been patient, but some things are not forgivable and to be dominated in that manner in a derby is completely unacceptable.

Cardiff had not won in 8 and basically just swatted us away on our own turf.

Embarrassing.

Mick just took advantage of being up against an incompetent novice who couldn't work out how to counter the most basic tactics. Easiest day he'll have all season

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

It's modern football. They want fans to shell out money, sit down, shut up and be grateful for what they get.

I for one cannot justify a day out of my life and the financial aspect of supporting that if thats whats dished up. Losing a tenner a game on Robins TV is bad enough.

You will have those who will say “through thick and thin”, and yes I agree to a certain extent, but it’s a two way street, and we have had the mickey taken out of us today.

The latest in a long line of abysmal performances under Holden. I make it 13 this season. 

If JL had any spine whatsoever, he — as chairman of this club — would lead an overhaul of this club. He got daddy’s ear. Ashton has to go, along with Holden and his coaches. Get rid of the recruitment and medical teams, too. A complete shambles. 

I didn't bother wasting another £10 today as I had a gut feeling that we'd lose.

2 Players who haven't really kicked a ball all season both starting was a bad idea. Maybe one of them, then take them off for the other.

Season over IMO, and looking forward I don't think we'll ever get it right on or off the pitch, which is a depressing thought!

Archived