IGNORED

New Low

TomThumb84

18 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

This is worse than being in the Fourth Division!

...in many ways yes.

For all that it was pretty basic fare at times no one doubted TC's ability, or heart, or the willingness of the players to battle. And the joy when things went well - 1-0 down 2-1 up - was immense!

I’ll try and be positive.

This season doesn’t feel real due to the circumstances so I’m not bothered about going up. I would like to see better football though when I do pay the £10 (which I haven’t done much lately and didn’t today thankfully). We are unlikely to go down as we need around 7 or 8 points to do this. And Holden won’t be here when we return next season if we continue to play as poorly.

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Starting to look like he has lost the dressing room with players no longer having belief in the constant changing formations and players either being played out of position or dropped when playing well

I also get the sense from the club that they think we are all stupid, like there is some sort of masterplan that us dumbo’s don’t get.

Well there isn’t. We are not very good.

Completely rudderless and it comes down to the appointment of a nice guy who had no qualifications to achieve the objectives set out by the very people who appointed him.

We are now in a strange spiral of oddness where if we let Dean go we admit we were wrong and there is nobody who will come in and work in the structure anyway, and the only other option is Holden holds his hands up and says “sorry guys, I am not up to this” which will not happen either, so all we will get is poor football with bemusing decisions and confusing spin and rhetoric from the club.

Astounding perfect storm of self-inflicted implosion from the second we sacked LJ (which was also the right decision).

Lets scrape enough points to stay up and see what happens but I am genuinely concerned for next year.

15 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Yeah 

bet there is loads knocking on SL door asking to buy the club

I’m not saying SL is being bombarded with offers for the club. But the club needs an overview of recruitment, management , coaching and the injuries we’ve had. Let’s not forget we’ve lost millions with crowds and sales of players. Next accounts no crowds and possibly no sales to make an impact on losses 

11 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

I for one cannot justify a day out of my life and the financial aspect of supporting that if thats whats dished up. Losing a tenner a game on Robins TV is bad enough.

You will have those who will say “through thick and thin”, and yes I agree to a certain extent, but it’s a two way street, and we have had the mickey taken out of us today.

Agreed. I find it hard to recall a time when the club had more disdain for the fans.

1 minute ago, Daniro said:

I can just see Lamps taking orders from Tr-Ashton  ?

It’s becoming clearer than ever that whilst Ashton calls the shots no experienced Manager will come here, and experience is what is needed on and off the pitch. There can’t be many managers with less experience in the Championship, not even the clubs that are managerless! MM is a old hand at this, Holden was never going to outsmart him today.

I’m sorry but it was pretty obvious that, as nice a bloke as he is, a failed Assistant and a couple of ex England U23 coaches never signalled a winning combination for me. 

Gutless and passionless, and in a derby game too. Shambolic and embarrassing.

Just now, RedM said:

It’s becoming clearer than ever that whilst Ashton calls the shots no experienced Manager will come here, and experience is what is needed on and off the pitch. There can’t be many managers with less experience in the Championship, not even the clubs that are managerless! MM is a old hand at this, Holden was never going to outsmart him today.

I’m sorry but it was pretty obvious that, as nice a bloke as he is, a failed Assistant and a couple of ex England U23 coaches never signalled a winning combination for me. 

Gutless and passionless, and in a derby game too. Shambolic and embarrassing.

Rooney and the lad that got sack by boremuff are the only 2 I can think of,

I’m never to bothered about style and entertainment as if we win I can pretty much always feel entertained!

However being utter crap and losing is much more difficult to take. 

That was truly awful. Dross of the highest order! Lifeless, Clueless players who can’t run pass tackle shoot! Utter garbage. 

2 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

I also get the sense from the club that they think we are all stupid, like there is some sort of masterplan that us dumbo’s don’t get.

Yeah get the same feelings from their interviews. The bottom line is they only care because its their job we care because we love it. I get the feeling they think being in a privileged position in life, the rest of us are stupid...

4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

...in many ways yes.

For all that it was pretty basic fare at times no one doubted TC's ability, or heart, or the willingness of the players to battle. And the joy when things went well - 1-0 down 2-1 up - was immense!

Absolutely. We had nothing, nothing. But it was a team built on spirit and passion and the pure joy of winning when so much was against you was, as you say, immense.

I just feel so disconnected physically and emotionally right now. I just don’t recognise my club any more.

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

Couldn't agree more. Listening to the noises that come out of the club you'd think that successful football was built on the principles of a market stall...buy cheap sell at a profit...oh, and get the crayons out and design a new logo or two and call it marketing....there is a hell of a lot more to it than that.

It's not just Holden out of his depth. Ashton and the boy are little better.

Any self-respecting owner who knew anything about football would be looking at why this set up hasn’t really achieved anything in the past 5 years except one cup run to a League Cup semi-final. And that was over 3 years ago. We have been going backwards ever since, which would imply that things need to change.

However I keep saying this but I really don’t think that we are the focus of Bristol Sport any more. Rather than getting to the Premier League being an essential, it appears to be more of a nice extra, on top of whatever the rugby club achieve.

35 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

I try to reset and be positive, but that was frankly abysmal. We are only going one way.

1 deflected free kick from 35 yards was our only shot on target in 102mins of derby football.

That line up is so much better than what we dished up despite deciding we can play without a left-back.

The substitutions? Our best midfielder for two games running hooked, and our best midfielder across the course of this season dropped.

A centre-forward who refuses to commit himself to this club has somehow become a man that has to play every minute of every game.

McCarthy and TC are probably beside themselves with disbelief at how easy that was. Plus Marlon Pack who seemed more animated and tactically aware than the whole of our bench.

Deary me, time to be realistic, this is dire.

Out-fought, out-thought, out-played.

Only silver lining for the board is that there was not 25k plus in the ground today as that would have been toxic.

Cannot see how anyone can draw any positive signs from the descent we are in.

We're still in the FA Cup with a winnable game? Sorry, that's the best I've got

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah get the same feelings from their interviews. The bottom line is they only care because its their job we care because we love it. I get the feeling they think being in a privileged position in life, the rest of us are stupid...

Hard to put it into words but almost a patronising arrogance that emanates from top to bottom from the marketing, to the social media, the teasing of transfers, the language used, the with-holding of clear comms around transfers, contracts and injuries etc.

Like we should be grateful for everything when all most of us want is a connection and a team on the pitch capable of stirring passion and making us want to support them.

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Rooney and the lad that got sack by boremuff are the only 2 I can think of,

True. But Rooney at least has played at a top level all his career, he must have learnt something from Sir Alex. But yes Tindall at Bournemouth was always an odd appointment, but I guess at least they recognised their stopgap/cheap option wasn’t right for them.

6 minutes ago, chinapig said:

"Hi Frank/Mark. Are you happy to accept that Mark Ashton controls all day to day football activity? Hello, are you still there? Hello? ..."

Roy da alien the twitter handle that told us we had hughton even when the bookies stopped taking bets on holden,

Don't believe anything that fraud tweets

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Dubious source to say the least...That aside.

Mark Hughes...would smack of desperation.

Lampard seems like he might be shaping up to become a bit of a cheque book manager at this stage.

By getting Chelsea into the Champions League with zero spend last season?  (not that he would come here so its a completely moot point) 

It really is becoming difficult to describe just how poor we are & the complete lack of any entertainment being produced. Game after game after game with the exception of the odd half here & there. Considering how much money these players earn this is as consistently bad as anything I have seen over the last 30 years. A truly pathetic style of football which is now turning into a disastrous run of results. 

Just now, Roger Red Hat said:

Personally I wouldn't want Hughes or Frank anyway!

I'd take Hughes, he is a good manager who knows how to get out of this league,

And would be better then the last 2 managers we've had if backed to the same extent 

12 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I’m never to bothered about style and entertainment as if we win I can pretty much always feel entertained!

However being utter crap and losing is much more difficult to take. 

That was truly awful. Dross of the highest order! Lifeless, Clueless players who can’t run pass tackle shoot! Utter garbage. 

All the while, paying the biggest wages in our history!

39 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

This is worse than being in the Fourth Division!

19 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

...in many ways yes.

I definitely think it's way worse now. I have happy memories of the fourth division days, mercifully brief though they were. TC rebuilding from the bottom, including a 16 year old kid earning £25 a week YTS money, expectations were low and those of us who were still turning up were properly supportive. Ironically they were good times.

I'm normally upbeat and optimistic about all things BCFC, but today I have no positives. None. 

Archived