IGNORED

Brownhill and Weimann

Nathandao

Last January, Brownhill left the gate and moved up north and we lost a key member of our team. His ability to turn over the ball in advanced positions and quickly turn defence into attack was invaluable. After his departure, Weimann seemed to take over this role. Chasing down defenders stopping them from playing the ball around and building attacks. Then Weimann got injured. A lot of people claim that Weimann seems to run around a lot but goes missing in some games. Since he has been injured, I have not seen a single performance that was worthy of talking about.

we are supposed to be a counter attacking team but we can’t seem to pass a ball between two defenders, let alone play quick passes that are required to build a counter.

I honestly can’t see how this is going to get better. Our midfield is tragic. We are playing with wide forwards that are scared to run into the box and take shots. An isolated forward who’s game is being a target man but no one is making runs off him winning the ball to attempt to take advantage of his work. 

I accept that the midfielders are just coming back in so might be a bit rusty but until they play themselves into form we are going to keep losing.

I appreciate that I have only been a city supporter for the past 15 or so years but I have never seen such poor and uninteresting football from any club, not just us. I spent the entirety of the second half today on my phone as I was almost certain the game was over, hoping to be proved wrong.

What is going to make a difference?

Archived