IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewals

Jeez

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Some people, many people no longer have a job and might just keep the cash right now. A few people will still be scared of mass gatherings and a few will decide they just don’t miss it any more.....imo.

I’d predict a %25 drop minimum , and it wouldn’t shock me if it a fair bit more

(Assuming there’s not a new set up

in place)

If it looks like there’s any chance we can actually go to the games then I’d renew. The football is absolutely terrible but as much about the social for me, always has been. When we play well and win I’m happy as a pig in shit but I know when I go to games that I’m as likely to be underwhelmed and/or downright furious about how crap it’s been as I am to be happy. That’s just what we sign up for I guess. I just love going with my mates and the football is a happy by-product if we happen to play well.

The reason I might not renew is more to do with Covid than the mess the club is in at the moment. I think there’s every chance we won’t be back in the grounds in big numbers even in August. 

Can see us being more back to normal by the time the new season/August comes but many will not renew due to financial constraints and/or the poor football/entertainment being served-up.

Those that don’t renew will quite rightly “pick and choose” their games, based on how City are doing.

I will always renew but at present, under the current regime, won’t be overly looking forward to the “entertainment” at Ashton Gate.

6 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Surrounded by City mates.

Social media. Can’t see anyone I know renewing until a complete change of manager and Mark Ashton. 

The club needs to bring in experience. 

Boro done it with Warnock

Cardiff with McCarthy 

City need Eddie Howe. 

If you want an experienced manager brought in Ashton has to go. It’s that simple.

3 hours ago, Red Alert said:

It’s usually about Feb/Mar the club start rolling out the renewals given the uncertainty it will hopefully be pushed back until we know the outlook for attending football.

Hypothetically, if asked now what would you do? 

Who’s renewing, who’s on the fence & who’s going to renew regardless?

I think things change quite quickly, covid wise. One minute we were allowed limited numbers back in, then it was cancelled last minute, so I wouldn't expect any delay in putting them on sale. People who buy get their money back for games missed, so no hassle there. 

Yes, of course I'll be renewing. 

Doing OK in a rookie, disrupted season. 

Really pissed off with todays showing though! 

Provided I’m still fortunate enough to be employed then I’ll renew for me and my son and will do so for every subsequent season that I’m able to do so

Its not the first time we’ve been sh1te in the 30 odd years I’ve had a ST and despite how bad it is now I’d give anything for the old routine of a fry up on East Street with my lad followed by meeting mates for a couple of beers, then the inconvenience of 90 mins football getting in the way.  Let’s hope we get the chance again soon eh

That said, I appreciate there are many not as fortunate as me and will need to weigh up their priorities in this awful climate

Anyhow....Ashton out, you bad tnuc 

• Admin
2 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Not sure I agree with that - things can change very quickly in football. New season out of those nonsense with a non COVID manager and who knows what will happen.

I don't want to sound rude, but in business circles there's a lot of focus on the new sports area, houses on Ashton Vale and "other private" discussions in America.

As for the squad you only have to look at the age of signings and the lack of all the "ones signed for the future" that have left

This was happening BEFORE Covid

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

I don't want to sound rude, but in business circles there's a lot of focus on the new sports area, houses on Ashton Vale and "other private" discussions in America.

As for the squad you only have to look at the age of signings and the lack of all the "ones signed for the future" that have left

This was happening BEFORE Covid

Why would that sound rude?

I’ve no issue with any sports arena. Building Ashton gate up had little impact on us getting promoted. The aims will still be there.

Before COVID - LJ was well backed signing lots of players for the future. So again don’t see an issue there.

Once things are back to normal I imagine the spending will start again once we have someone in place who will spend it wisely. I personally don’t think that will be DH long term but who knows. 

I will be renewing, I’ve done so every year since the mid 70’s, as someone else reflected, this football club just gets into your system.

Even whilst today was a howler and we have the unbelievable injury crisis, there was still quality enough in red shirts on that pitch to perform far far better but it’s not gelling.  I want DH to succeed and still hope he does but I do wish I would be renewing with confidence as opposed to hope.

7 hours ago, Dredd said:

Nope. This whole watching from home situation has opened my eyes to the fact that football is supposed to be entertainment. I pay to be entertained. There’s no excitement in that team, no flair, nobody crunching into tackles, nobody that I can’t wait to watch, and one shot on target every two hours. 
The fact that more than once this season I’ve paid for a game, turned it off bored after an hour and gone to do something else (when let’s be honest there is nothing else to do) is a telling story.
The buzz of Bristol City has gone after 22 years of having a season ticket.

Yeh feel the same mate best part of sixty for me go with my brother and nephew but have become bored.My mrs said il bet you cant wait to get back i said no havent missed it one i bit only the social side of things i think thats it for me aswell.

25 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I can’t work out whether that is incredibly deep or blindingly obvious

I think it’s just the way it is now. Supporters aren’t listened to or valued, and just treated like any other customer in a furniture store. The fans show loyalty every week, but the powers that be couldn’t care less if you attended or not. 

I think that’s me done with my 3 season tickets... the ambition of the club is miles away from the basic ambition of us fans ... and for me the love, excitement and buzz of going to games has gone.. the dire football, the increasing costs.. (still not had a refund for my car parking season pass), the lies and BS from the club have finally drained me and I have always been the  happiest of clappers ... I’ll pick and choose the odd games I go to going forward... 

There would need to be a huge overhaul to get me back regularly. 

• Admin
39 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I can’t wait to get back inside Ashton Gate. I’ve seen this thread so many times before. 

You’ll all be there too. 

The difference in the past we were all still going to games 

This time around we're away from the ground and finding other things to do and other ways of following the side 

I've known friends with season tickets in the past that walked away that had been going to games for decades.

A group of friends used to have memberships at Somerset cricket (their season ticket equivalent), due to many reasons that aren't relevant on this thread we didn't renew a few years back (we'd go to most home games and a number of away games) none of us miss going to all the games, we pick a very small number of home games but tend to make a real day out of going to away games, I'm expecting this to be the same for City 

I didn’t renew this year cus of covid . My daughter wants us to renew for next year but I’ve had guts full of watching terrible football . I thought I’d seen enough of it under LJ but then the board thought it’d been a good idea to solve the problem with a man who was part of the original problem  . Only at Bristol City . 

58 minutes ago, phantom said:

This time around we're away from the ground and finding other things to do and other ways of following the side 

I've known friends with season tickets in the past that walked away that had been going to games for decades.

Good point Phants.  

Once the habit is broken it can be very difficult to re-establish. 

The world won't just resume as before after lockdown, as I fear lots of pubs might find out to their loss.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

A group of friends used to have memberships at Somerset cricket (their season ticket equivalent), due to many reasons that aren't relevant on this thread we didn't renew a few years back (we'd go to most home games and a number of away games) none of us miss going to all the games, we pick a very small number of home games but tend to make a real day out of going to away games, I'm expecting this to be the same for City 

14 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Good point Phants.  

Once the habit is broken it can be very difficult to re-establish. 

The world won't just resume as before after lockdown, as I fear lots of pubs might find out to their loss.

That is a massive point .
We were talking , and the lads I go with agreed we keep going for 2 reasons, habit and the social side. With both disappearing for some time, it gives everyone time to reflect and I think many will see they can change the way they do things. Once you stop , and miss those first few, the easier it is to just not go. Add to the equation 2/3 years of pretty poor home football , and the costs , the decision gets easier still.

The World will take a while to settle post COVID,  as Robbo says. Many of us have been made redundant or lost money in other ways and it may not be a choice for some. In a perfect World we would shape up and have a good end to the season, then the Club comes out and says , to show thanks for support we will reduce prices for renewals, sadly it's not a perfect World. 

Another thing that will have a huge effect is live streaming - not the illegal ones but EFL/Club official stuff. I have to admit that if I could watch a home game v Rotherham or Huddersfield on Robins TV on a freezing cold and wet January Tuesday night and not have a two hour drive home afterwards I would be sorely tempted.

I`ve already started drawing my horns in a bit when it comes to night games and missing a few over the last couple of seasons (when we`ve been on Sky or the red button predominantly) but it`s still worth it financially to get a season ticket even if I were to miss all the midweek games (in a normal season).

I think going forward that official streams you can pay for as at the moment will become the norm - perhaps not on Saturdays just yet but other times. The bonus as well is that we would be able to `buy` away games too.

Signing up. Without a shadow of a doubt.

Whilst the performances are shit and whilst I happen to think Ashton is ******* useless and whilst I think The Messiah is only interested in one thing - and it’s not what I’m interested in - I signed up at my first ever game. Years ago. As did the boy.

And we live in hope. Hope that one day we’ll still have our seats right behind the goal to goad the Premier League’s finest.

And in the meantime? Well when we’re allowed back in we’ll be hanging the banner in front of us and shouting “mind my face”. Whoever’s about to shoot..... ?

A lifelong affliction. Following YOUR club........

Archived