IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewals

Jeez

It's looking unlikely for me to renew.

Luckily despite losing my job in October, due to redundancy as effect of company finances crippled through covid crisis.

Very fortunate to find another job, which has 4 days on and 4 days off 12 hour shifts. Rotating day & night shifts and a 8 day cycle of working, it looks like I wont be able to attend much.

Obviously, very happy to find new employment and knew what I was signing up for with the shift patterns (Work comes first over leisure).

Also this club does sign very good players (especially the last few seasons), but Bristol City got the ability to make a very good player, seem disappointingly average.

So (nb: read in Simon Cowell Voice), its a no from me. ?

9 minutes ago, 'Pack' It In said:

It's looking unlikely for me to renew.

Luckily despite losing my job in October, due to redundancy as effect of company finances crippled through covid crisis.

Very fortunate to find another job, which has 4 days on and 4 days off 12 hour shifts. Rotating day & night shifts and a 8 day cycle of working, it looks like I wont be able to attend much.

Obviously, very happy to find new employment and knew what I was signing up for with the shift patterns (Work comes first over leisure).

Also this club does sign very good players (especially the last few seasons), but Bristol City got the ability to make a very good player, seem disappointingly average.

So (nb: read in Simon Cowell Voice), its a no from me. ?

Glad you found a new job PII. As someone whose company are inundated with work, partially due to covid (NHS pharmaceutical support), I didn't realise just how bad it is until my lad was laid off by Airbus with less than a year of his apprenticeship to go, one of 27 they let go at Filton.

While we all care, deeply, about the club, priorities have to be different at the mo.

I have no doubt we will recover but it's going to take a while.

Good on you. ?

6 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Another thing that will have a huge effect is live streaming - not the illegal ones but EFL/Club official stuff. I have to admit that if I could watch a home game v Rotherham or Huddersfield on Robins TV on a freezing cold and wet January Tuesday night and not have a two hour drive home afterwards I would be sorely tempted.

I`ve already started drawing my horns in a bit when it comes to night games and missing a few over the last couple of seasons (when we`ve been on Sky or the red button predominantly) but it`s still worth it financially to get a season ticket even if I were to miss all the midweek games (in a normal season).

I think going forward that official streams you can pay for as at the moment will become the norm - perhaps not on Saturdays just yet but other times. The bonus as well is that we would be able to `buy` away games too.

If they continue live streams past full stadiums that will be the death of football. 

5 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Glad you found a new job PII. As someone whose company are inundated with work, partially due to covid (NHS pharmaceutical support), I didn't realise just how bad it is until my lad was laid off by Airbus with less than a year of his apprenticeship to go, one of 27 they let go at Filton.

While we all care, deeply, about the club, priorities have to be different at the mo.

I have no doubt we will recover but it's going to take a while.

Good on you. ?

Sorry to hear about your lad SJ. It’s never nice to see anybody lose their job, especially those younger who are trying to learn a trade out there.

• Admin
6 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

If they continue live streams past full stadiums that will be the death of football. 

Already proven the Premier League could survive without crowds. If full coverage was to continue clubs would only agree on same basis. 

Definitely wouldn't be the end 

Im not having any part in contributing to Ashton’s 500 k a year salary. Major changes are needed  at the football club until i come back as a paying fan.
Luckily  for me i have plenty of work on at the moment so Saturday’s will consist of trying to grow my business or playing golf!!

On 06/02/2021 at 21:03, The Horse With No Name said:

I will renew, however SL and MA have sucked all the life out of this club. Take today, City v Cardiff, usually a highlight of the season. Didnt pay to watch it, couldnt get it on the radio, so made do with phone updates. Even their goals were met with a shrug of the shoulders. It really shouldnt be this way.

Agree. I was the same on Saturday. Just seems so sterile and lacking any passion for football this year.

Got no energy or interest. Albeit the 1st half of the Brentford game away was excellent and a bit more of that and I will be back down AG but it will need a completely new setup for me. Ashton & DH is farcical IMO. I don't blame DH as it was his dream to manage the team but if you pay peanuts ......... as the saying goes.

The blame for this mess lies at the foot of Ashton, noone else. 

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Already proven the Premier League could survive without crowds. If full coverage was to continue clubs would only agree on same basis. 

Definitely wouldn't be the end 

Is the world now full of that many lazy, mouth breathing ***** that people would continue to rather sit on their sofa with a Deliveroo than go and see their team after the pandemic has passed?

Can I ask a question.

Where is it written that Ashton is on 500k a year? Did he announce it, or is it in the accounts somewhere obvious.

Or, as I suspect, it's something that was written on OTIB 3 times and therefore became 'fact' as the onuns in these situations seems to be for posters to prove something wrong, rather than these facts being evidence based.

(I would like it if he left however).

Sorry to include a Daily Mail link, but it seems relevant- even if the link is getting on for 10 months old.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8262315/Physios-191-000-kit-men-56-000-Crazy-wages-dont-add-EFL-clubs-brink.html

19 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Another thing that will have a huge effect is live streaming - not the illegal ones but EFL/Club official stuff. I have to admit that if I could watch a home game v Rotherham or Huddersfield on Robins TV on a freezing cold and wet January Tuesday night and not have a two hour drive home afterwards I would be sorely tempted.

I`ve already started drawing my horns in a bit when it comes to night games and missing a few over the last couple of seasons (when we`ve been on Sky or the red button predominantly) but it`s still worth it financially to get a season ticket even if I were to miss all the midweek games (in a normal season).

I think going forward that official streams you can pay for as at the moment will become the norm - perhaps not on Saturdays just yet but other times. The bonus as well is that we would be able to `buy` away games too.

Yes I agree, I'm generally quite happy to watch a streaming at home rather than a cold night in stands, no huge issues with Ashton and definitely none with SL, Covid has just sucked the life out of going a bit at present, ok poor spectacle is significant but not particularly missed going to be honest.

41 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can I ask a question.

Where is it written that Ashton is on 500k a year? Did he announce it, or is it in the accounts somewhere obvious.

Or, as I suspect, it's something that was written on OTIB 3 times and therefore became 'fact' as the onuns in these situations seems to be for posters to prove something wrong, rather than these facts being evidence based.

(I would like it if he left however).

Sorry to include a Daily Mail link, but it seems relevant- even if the link is getting on for 10 months old.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8262315/Physios-191-000-kit-men-56-000-Crazy-wages-dont-add-EFL-clubs-brink.html

In the Accounts Rob, the BCFC Ltd ones.

I posted it originally.

image.jpeg

It is not only those who won’t renew season tickets the club should be worrying about but the thousands who pay match by match.

Itcosts hundreds of pounds for my family to travel from Sussex to Bristol with an overnight stay to watch City.  There will have to be major changes before we spend that sort of money again.  It simply isn’t value for money.  Doesn’t the club understand they are in the entertainment industry ?

• Admin
20 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

It is not only those who won’t renew season tickets the club should be worrying about but the thousands who pay match by match.

Itcosts hundreds of pounds for my family to travel from Sussex to Bristol with an overnight stay to watch City.  There will have to be major changes before we spend that sort of money again.  It simply isn’t value for money.  Doesn’t the club understand they are in the entertainment industry ?

1 hour ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Is the world now full of that many lazy, mouth breathing ***** that people would continue to rather sit on their sofa with a Deliveroo than go and see their team after the pandemic has passed?

Clearly many people don't see the costs with attending

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

Clearly many people don't see the costs with attending

Been that way forever, we've been through recessions recently. If football goes the way of quarter full stadiums with every game streamed live for a tenner I'm out. Don't think it will though, its like saying gigs won't resume because people have been watching more live streams. There's a reason live sectors haven't died yet

35 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Could it also be a case that 2 directors are payed the same and they'd be reporting both salaries as a total number?

⬇️⬇️⬇️

31 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

No, that would be against the law.

What he said!

If you go back to the accounts pre-Ashton you will see the sort of sums involved.  Enter Ashton, and you see the increase from £100k(ish) to £300k(ish) immediately upon his appointment, then big jumps annually to this latest figure over £500k.

2 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Been that way forever, we've been through recessions recently. If football goes the way of quarter full stadiums with every game streamed live for a tenner I'm out. Don't think it will though, its like saying gigs won't resume because people have been watching more live streams. There's a reason live sectors haven't died yet

People stop going to gigs if the bands are boring , unenjoyable and basically poor

They also don’t commit to seeing that same poor band 23 times a season 

Just now, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

What he said!

If you go back to the accounts pre-Ashton you will see the sort of sums involved.  Enter Ashton, and you see the increase from £100k(ish) to £300k(ish) immediately upon his appointment, then big jumps annually to this latest figure over £500k.

Wow

Good to see something’s progressing at a pace

**** me

1 minute ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

This.

There will be some who don't come back, but watching footy on the telly just isn't the same. 

The match is just one part of the experience, it's catching up with friends for a social, it's the view you get that television can't show you, it's the atmosphere... the list goes on.

Both football and gigs are on my list of must-do as soon as it is safe to do so.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

What he said!

Wonder how much of that salary is basic, and what part (if any) is commission on player sales.

(Not expecting you to answer that, just speculating).

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonder how much of that salary is basic, and what part (if any) is commission on player sales.

Maybe

If so, guess we can expect to see a big drop in next years accounts

When £12m pounds worth of signings , Incl our record signing at the time , leave for nothing , as it stands , in June ??

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Zero would be my guess.  Bonuses in his package, more than likely.  Commission based on player sales, not imho.  

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

This.

There will be some who don't come back, but watching footy on the telly just isn't the same. 

The match is just one part of the experience, it's catching up with friends for a social, it's the view you get that television can't show you, it's the atmosphere... the list goes on.

Both football and gigs are on my list of must-do as soon as it is safe to do so.

You've missed out "it's the football" which is hardly surprising tbh and, you are correct, the other issues above are the reasons that many of us will renew their season tickets. If it was all down to the current quality of football and nothing else I would seriously be considering dropping the season ticket and "doing the rounds" on a Saturday and having some fun around football instead..............WSM, BMF, City when it's a decent game I fancy watching, Bath City, top of the table Toolstation clash etc. I often do a number of these as it is when we are playing away and everyone has their tipping point although I am probably a couple more seasons of atrocious football away from it yet.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Zero would be my guess.  Bonuses in his package, more than likely.  Commission based on player sales, not imho.  

I would have thought there has to be a conflict of interests in there somewhere. I get the thinking.......to get the best deal for the club put the guy who sells on commission BUT it really isn't difficult to see that type of bonus clause get abused.

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I would have thought there has to be a conflict of interests in there somewhere. I get the thinking.......to get the best deal for the club put the guy who sells on commission BUT it really isn't difficult to see that type of bonus clause get abused.

Exactly - that was the phrase that I couldn’t think of just now.

Here are the facts.  From Companies House:

92D1050F-4E9B-4545-91F6-2808D5578E7E.thumb.jpeg.e9f2b5f5adf126d35c5240700da9d60f.jpeg

I don’t think there’s any correlation between player trading or profit on disposal of contracts and CEO remuneration, that would suggest commission.

On 07/02/2021 at 11:22, Red white and red said:

I think it’s just the way it is now. Supporters aren’t listened to or valued, and just treated like any other customer in a furniture store. The fans show loyalty every week, but the powers that be couldn’t care less if you attended or not. 

They couldn't care less if you attended or not because i'm guessing around 75%ish of us have already paid through our season tickets.

It's not like it was years ago when a much smaller number bought season tickets with the vast majority paying on the day.

I bet if they needed us to keep handing over our wedge week after week they'd try a little harder to make you feel welcome!

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Exactly - that was the phrase that I couldn’t think of just now.

Here are the facts.  From Companies House:

92D1050F-4E9B-4545-91F6-2808D5578E7E.thumb.jpeg.e9f2b5f5adf126d35c5240700da9d60f.jpeg

I don’t think there’s any correlation between player trading or profit on disposal of contracts and CEO remuneration, that would suggest commission.

Agreed, the 2018-19 transfer profit is so high compared to every other year that his salary pattern would inevitably follow a similar pattern if he was on commission. Using those figures I would say our CEO is "earning" circa £200K above a "real world" salary for a similar turnover "non-football" business not to mention he would be answerable to shareholders in a real world business. The fact that he has to undertake "trading" would add to that salary but I'm not sure £200K is anywhere near the premium for that?

Archived