IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewals

Jeez

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Agreed, the 2018-19 transfer profit is so high compared to every other year that his salary pattern would inevitably follow a similar pattern if he was on commission. Using those figures I would say our CEO is "earning" circa £200K above a "real world" salary for a similar turnover "non-football" business not to mention he would be answerable to shareholders in a real world business. The fact that he has to undertake "trading" would add to that salary but I'm not sure £200K is anywhere near the premium for that?

Agree wholeheartedly.

I think there’s another thread title on OTIB that sums him up perfectly! ???

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree wholeheartedly.

I think there’s another thread title on OTIB that sums him up perfectly! ???

It's so right and so out of our control as fans that all you can do is laugh about it. When all is said and done he will look back at being "CEO of Bristol" as the best screw he was ever on.

On 06/02/2021 at 17:19, Red Alert said:

It’s usually about Feb/Mar the club start rolling out the renewals given the uncertainty it will hopefully be pushed back until we know the outlook for attending football.

Hypothetically, if asked now what would you do? 

Who’s renewing, who’s on the fence & who’s going to renew regardless?

Yes definitely, my two boys and I will be renewing.  Been through a lot worse than this. To be honest it wouldn’t feel right only going through the good times. 

2 hours ago, PolskRed said:

Yes definitely, my two boys and I will be renewing.  Been through a lot worse than this. To be honest it wouldn’t feel right only going through the good times. 

Me too, been through far worse, mid-table div 2(in old money), renewed mine whilst in 3,4 and 1....always the same old moans and concerns, different faces. But, it’s City, you know it’s going to be years walking through treacle interspersed by a couple walking on tarmac. The hook is the hope that one day you might be walking on air, rather than airwear!

I will continue to not attend following the scrapping of significantly reduced tickets for disabled supporters. My loyalty is to the club, not the team or SL, so they won't get a penny off me. I believe this season is the first season where disabled fans pay the same. £355 minimum when you may be unable to work (I appreciate disability is a broad term) is a disgrace. 

If you want to renew then it's your choice, and many will, but anyone who says they'll renew because they love the club too much is kidding themselves. We are the club. If you love the club, you'd stand up for fellow fans, not attend because you're lucky enough to do so.

45 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I will continue to not attend following the scrapping of significantly reduced tickets for disabled supporters. My loyalty is to the club, not the team or SL, so they won't get a penny off me. I believe this season is the first season where disabled fans pay the same. £355 minimum when you may be unable to work (I appreciate disability is a broad term) is a disgrace. 

If you want to renew then it's your choice, and many will, but anyone who says they'll renew because they love the club too much is kidding themselves. We are the club. If you love the club, you'd stand up for fellow fans, not attend because you're lucky enough to do so.

You reminded me I still haven’t had a refund (pro-rata) of my Wickes Car Parking Season Ticket.  I’ve messaged Jerry.  Will report back.

58 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Agreed, for me there have been too many examples of the club trying to screw the fans, most they have eventually u-turned and if I'm honest I thought disabled prices was on of the things that they had done that on, the fact that I appear to have got this wrong makes it even worse, i find myself finding it harder than ever to care about City, haven't paid the tenner for a game for a while now, didn't bother for the Brentford game when I could have watched it on Sky. 

I genuinely enjoyed watching the Daytona 24 last weekend more than I have enjoyed watching City for a long time. 

I will be renewing but most on here saying the match day experience is the main reason for going and I think this will be different for quite a while. Covid will still be with us in the summer (probably a new variant) and many people won't want to catch it even if they don't think it will kill them. Can see most people driving to games rather than crowding onto buses and that means lack of parking and no beers before the game for drivers, could be a long time till we get the old matchday back.

42 minutes ago, GILLI said:

Me neither .... zero communication 

SLO said he expected unused match day parking would be credited when we could once again use it - obviously the credit could not be used due to continuing Covid restrictions! 
It would be nice if the club shared its thoughts with those of us still owed money!
More and more it’s a corporate entity with a total disregard for the paying customers!

I walked away last season. Basically I wasn't prepared to support the lifestyles of mediocre footballers when my personal circumstances were uncertain. My personal situation is now relatively stable and secure but I can't even be bothered to shell out a tenner to watch the dross that is being served up. Saying that, like many others I do miss the matchday experience. I will probably go back, providing the prices are sensible <£20 a game and the football is competitive and reasonably entertaining. Probably not next season, maybe the one after. I can't see demand out stripping supply any time soon.

11 losses in in 16 games....the loss against Sheffield United has been the tipping point for me....

I'll put in as much effort to renewing my season ticket as Steve Lansdown does to his manager selections.......none whatsoever! 

£900 quid lost here Mr Lansdown....nothing to you......money that is missed by the rest of us! 

Shite football aside, there is also the Covid factor to bear in mind.  Personally, I can't see stadia allowing full capacities this side of next Summer if the projections are to be believed (coupled with our risk averse society of course).  The club are going to have to manage a slow increase in capacities and release (season) tickets accordingly.  

Mind you, the way we're going, that won't be difficult: there will only be a few thousand renewing which will make managing it all much easier!

On 06/02/2021 at 17:19, Red Alert said:

It’s usually about Feb/Mar the club start rolling out the renewals given the uncertainty it will hopefully be pushed back until we know the outlook for attending football.

Hypothetically, if asked now what would you do? 

Who’s renewing, who’s on the fence & who’s going to renew regardless?

Not a chance will I renew. Enough is enough of us being fobbed off year after year and the football is diabolical at best. Until SL either sells the club or has the balls to remove Ashton & Holden from their duties nothing will change. Same shit different year.... 

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Morning Fevs - did you get an answer on this, my mum just asked me the same

Sorry, Waiting for official news, but Jerry messaged me and said they were talking about it last week.  They expect it to be a credit against future car parking, but are waiting to ratify.

I replied that for me, I was fine with that, but that others should be consulted.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sorry, Waiting for official news, but Jerry messaged me and said they were talking about it last week.  They expect it to be a credit against future car parking, but are waiting to ratify.

I replied that for me, I was fine with that, but that others should be consulted.

Cheers. I’d imagine my mum would be after a refund as her way of getting down next year will be different, so glad you’ve positioned the latter point!

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Cheers. I’d imagine my mum would be after a refund as her way of getting down next year will be different, so glad you’ve positioned the latter point!

Yeah, I said to Jerry that I’m happy to be sounded out re “ideas”, but needs more than my input.  I’m fortunate (wrong word) that my season ticket for Joe (as u19) isn’t much of an outlay, and it’s father and son bonding time, so £40 credit on parking isn’t an issue.  But to some it will mean a lot.

This is the time guys to show the club how unhappy we are, I know you’re all gagging to get out and about when the time comes and have a few beers with the lads regardless of the shit football this club serves up, god I’ve been doing it for years but seriously if you want change for the better and for this shit house football club to listen to us once again now is the time to make a stand...  Don’t do it!!!!

Really not sure what I’m going to do next season. The games at the gate were extremely poor for 2 seasons even prior to this one & the football on show this season has been some of the worst I’ve seen, up there with the  O’Driscoll months. 

Half tempted to bin it off & instead of the usual 10 odd away days I do, try to do 5-10 more, they tend to be more enjoyable anyway. 

There needs to be a serious show of ambition by the club or many won’t bother. 

Haven’t paid to watch a match since they started playing after the pandemic. Will not be going back when we are allowed to, said last year I wouldn’t and am sticking to it. Watch if we are on Sky but that’s it. Didn’t agree with football restarting whilst clubs lower down are struggling to survive. 
Nation isn’t allowed to travel anywhere without being fined and footballers can go round the country playing. Special rules for one part of society isn’t fair and when you see players on tv with freshly cut hair, it just grates that it’s ok for them to do what they like whilst the rest of us have to follow the rules. Clubs were suppose to follow guidelines all cut corners and January leagues and clubs panicked and rules were reinforced for the leagues knew they were on the verge of being stopped.

I will carry on watching non league football when it’s allowed to restart (can’t play but Elite can) and keep an eye out for the scores each Saturday. Just feel the last year clubs have taken fans for granted and don’t respect what they are going through and are in there own money driven world.

28 minutes ago, Gifford said:

Surprised that the club haven’t announced anything this week to cash in on Pearson joining and the win midweek.

That would look desperate.  Possibly best to wait for an actual upsurge in form due to the new manager, or better still, an announcement he is here for the long term.

3 minutes ago, The Bard said:

That would look desperate.  Possibly best to wait for an actual upsurge in form due to the new manager, or better still, an announcement he is here for the long term.

This.

Assuming the next month or so goes well in terms of results/performances then the ideal situation for City would be a duel announcement of BN signing a long-term deal, and season tickets are now on sale!

Hopefully the club are returning to a reality - selling season tickets after the current season is finished. 
I’ve never understood the process of selling next seasons tickets when there’s still 2-3 months left of the current season. 

Especially with the Covid situation. No point putting them on sale until May. 

Archived