IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewals

Jeez

The way things were going on the pitch and it being questionable whether we were going to be able to attend, I was seriously having second thoughts about shelling out nearly £1,500 for 3 season cards.  The appointment of Nigel Pearson does suggest that we have some ambitiin though, but it will take a few more performances like Tuesday night to fully convince me 

I won't fork out that kind of money to watch a football team that are not giving 100%.

20 minutes ago, Harry said:

Hopefully the club are returning to a reality - selling season tickets after the current season is finished. 
I’ve never understood the process of selling next seasons tickets when there’s still 2-3 months left of the current season. 

Especially with the Covid situation. No point putting them on sale until May. 

Also there is no guarantee that city will still be in the championship or that Nigel Pearson will stay as manager on a long term deal. 

27 minutes ago, Harry said:

Hopefully the club are returning to a reality - selling season tickets after the current season is finished. 
I’ve never understood the process of selling next seasons tickets when there’s still 2-3 months left of the current season. 

To get the money on the books in order to have a bit of operating room in the transfer budget

• Admin
1 hour ago, Harry said:

Simple answer is that it gives us longer to sort out paying for one.

Next season is 23 weeks away, but by the end of the season is only 13 weeks away.

Include in that people moving seats, early bird prices getting payments processed before kick off etc etc there must be some movement very soon

Not sure why covid is a reason, clubs have shown how they can work with refunds, but lets be honest unless something goes very wrong we are all going to be able to return by August should we choose to

I paid for my season ticket on 29th February last year

41 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Big Nige - took me a few seconds

oh my days, like "Deano" wasn't bad enough !!

Yeh I'm happy to pay in March if it means its cheaper and the club can plan better etc. Will renew no matter what as can't wait to get back to normal. They will be desperate to get whatever cash they can asap so I would expect it to come out soon - most likely to be if they can piggyback on a couple of wins (fingers crossed).

48 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

15000 x £400 is only £6m. That won't cover wages, let alone other operating costs or any sort of fantasy striker.

But it adds to the budget and turnover which in turn gives.you greater scope,

6m is 6m more then we would have without it

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Get them on sale now, minimum £500 for the majority of the population who have saved shedloads during the pandemic, £250 for those who can prove they are unemployed.

They can have my money any day.

Massive incorrect assumptions right there 

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

That would look desperate.  Possibly best to wait for an actual upsurge in form due to the new manager, or better still, an announcement he is here for the long term.

It probably would.

SL woke up and realised he needed to act quickly in appointing NP *.

Had we gone through a similar farce to last summer, with similar dithering, the fanbase would have become even more disgruntled. SL must have realised that any chance of early ST sales would have been met with disdain. He now has a chance of getting STs on sale for some groups at least (early bird etc..).

*Not saying ST sales were the only reason for wanting NP in early.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

It’s for cash flow reasons to bring cash into the club whilst there are no games played over the summer.

I guess it also allows the club to protect revenues too, that might inform budgets....but getting the money now or next season makes no difference to FFP or anything like that.

From an accounting point of view it is then apportioned into next years books pro-rata as each home game is played (or at least per month).

30 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

when the club gets it from us makes little difference, as per response to Harry.

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Just had a look on the Swansea website for pre game interviews and their renewal price, for an adult, is £99. How does that work then as that puts them at a financial disadvantage surely (unless they go up, obviously)?

I work in South Wales a fair bit. One of the things Swansea do well is engage proactively with the local community, offers like this go down well. Would be nice to see City doing this a bit better going forwards IMO.

1 minute ago, GasDestroyer said:

I work in South Wales a fair bit. One of the things Swansea do well is engage proactively with the local community, offers like this go down well. Would be nice to see City doing this a bit better going forwards IMO.

Understood GD, but 14000 @ £500 makes a damn site more for the club than 14000 at £99, even a sellout of home ST's for them is only 19,000 (ish), still quite a bit less.

1 hour ago, Mad Cyril said:

15000 x £400 is only £6m. That won't cover wages, let alone other operating costs or any sort of fantasy striker.

Cash flow is vital to any business. Six million pounds may be a small percentage of the overall budget but  City, like any business, wants money in ASAP.  A large percentage of companies that go bust do so because of cash flow problems even if they are profitable. That doesn’t really apply to football clubs as they operate in a world of their own but it’s still important to have money coming into the clubs as quickly as possible 

14 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Cash flow is vital to any business. Six million pounds may be a small percentage of the overall budget but  City, like any business, wants money in ASAP.  A large percentage of companies that go bust do so because of cash flow problems even if they are profitable. That doesn’t really apply to football clubs as they operate in a world of their own but it’s still important to have money coming into the clubs as quickly as possible 

Yep, exactly.

51 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Just had a look on the Swansea website for pre game interviews and their renewal price, for an adult, is £99. How does that work then as that puts them at a financial disadvantage surely (unless they go up, obviously)?

This came up a couple of weeks ago. It’s not as simple (or generous) as it sounds at first glance:

52 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

You know the area it sounds like so community engagement wise I'll take word on.

I would point out one key differential though it's a move that deserves credit and is potentially timely in commercial terms given the potential post Covid rise in unemployment.

Parachute Payments. Credit to them they've I am sure restructured post 2018 relegation but that £80-90m in 3 years helps a lot. It's trickier for us to try and remain competitive while slashing season ticket prices.

If they do go up then it's very useful indeed, albeit as Silvio says it's not quite as simple as it seems. £99 season ticket will help retain in tough times, then maybe grow fanbase. Perhaps higher retention in future years too?

Think football needs a bit of a financial recalibration anyway, maybe Swansea ahead of the curve here.

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

To get the money on the books in order to have a bit of operating room in the transfer budget

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It’s for cash flow reasons to bring cash into the club whilst there are no games played over the summer.

I guess it also allows the club to protect revenues too, that might inform budgets....but getting the money now or next season makes no difference to FFP or anything like that.

From an accounting point of view it is then apportioned into next years books pro-rata as each home game is played (or at least per month).

when the club gets it from us makes little difference, as per response to Harry.

Yeah, I get the cash flow argument. 
But from memory it never used to be that way. When was it that sales started in March, rather than May? I’m guessing around 15 years ago?  
Just to add - I don’t even know why I’m making an argument here, as I’m not actually that bothered, but was just something that had me wondering earlier - cash flow has always been important, but why is it now more important to get that cash in by the end of March rather than the end of May?? 

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yeah, I get the cash flow argument. 
But from memory it never used to be that way. When was it that sales started in March, rather than May? I’m guessing around 15 years ago?  
Just to add - I don’t even know why I’m making an argument here, as I’m not actually that bothered, but was just something that had me wondering earlier - cash flow has always been important, but why is it now more important to get that cash in by the end of March rather than the end of May?? 

No idea when it came in, but it’s predominant use is for cash flow.

I can think of more disingenuous reasons, e.g. early bird offer when division status isn’t known....although this works both ways!

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Thanks for posting that, my old man fancies a bit more leg room and fewer steps than his seat in the Dolman affords him.

Might be on the move over there myself.

Try and get a seat in the wings, as close to the central section as you can. You’ll save over £100.

6 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

5 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Yes, but I have seen 2 posters state they won't be giving their cash up next season. Tell me, just how is the club going to get round that one?

Archived