IGNORED

Mark Ashton is taking the piss out of us.

DaveInSA

This is an Ashton out thread...

....why?

1) Overseen the most injuries in one season in living memory

2) The players purchased are getting worse season after season the quality of the squad, is trousers.

3) The league position is getting worse season after season

4) The football is so awful I refuse to watch it

5) The coaches appointed are not good enough

6) We're overweight in midfield, with absolutely not good enough players

7) We buy players with no thought of a system or way of playing

? Where is our next 8million plus player sale coming from

9) What is the actual plan

And because all roads lead to Ashton, all roads in turn lead to Lansdown.

Steve and Jon, get your house in order lads. Get rid of this leech and get some well respected football people in. Perhaps then we might make some progress.

5 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

I really dont understand the hate for Ashton. No way does he make the main decisions. SL makes those, always has and always will while he putting HIS money in to the club

Exactly. I’m no fan of his but I don’t really see him... he’s just SL’s mouthpiece/enforcer. I he wasn’t doing what SL wanted he’d have been sacked. 

All the frustration needs to be at SL’s door. He’s the common denominator over the years.  

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Ashtons a puppet , with Lansdown the puppet master

He does what the boss wants , and picks up his £500k

Holden was a Jon and Steve Lansdown appointment 

How do you know this ? Jon looked very awkward when asked about why they appointed him, almost as if he didn’t want him 

21 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

This is an Ashton out thread...

....why?

1) Overseen the most injuries in one season in living memory

2) The players purchased are getting worse season after season the quality of the squad, is trousers.

3) The league position is getting worse season after season

4) The football is so awful I refuse to watch it

5) The coaches appointed are not good enough

6) We're overweight in midfield, with absolutely not good enough players

7) We buy players with no thought of a system or way of playing

? Where is our next 8million plus player sale coming from

9) What is the actual plan

And because all roads lead to Ashton, all roads in turn lead to Lansdown.

Steve and Jon, get your house in order lads. Get rid of this leech and get some well respected football people in. Perhaps then we might make some progress.

How is he responsible for injuries?

4 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

How do you know this ? Jon looked very awkward when asked about why they appointed him, almost as if he didn’t want him 

3 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Seems to me he makes the decisions and the transfers

You seriously think that Holden was Ashtons appointment , and the Lansdowns , what ...just went along with it ?

Go back one .......How about Johnson ?

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Jon Lansdown haven’t heard from him for a while 

You won’t hear from the Lansdown’s not while the going is shit. Unless it’s an SL petulant “my club, I’ll do what I want” comment. 

Expect to see Steve next, patting himself on the back, when we’re getting promoted back to the championship in a few years time. 

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

How is he responsible for injuries?

Simples.

His team recruit, his fitness gurus train, his medical team make assessments and recuperate, his manager selects, his coaches train. 

Injuries in the workplace are ultimately his responsibility. 

1 minute ago, Mendip City said:

You won’t hear from the Lansdown’s not while the going is shit. Unless it’s an SL petulant “my club, I’ll do what I want” comment. 

Expect to see Steve next, patting himself on the back, when we’re getting promoted back to the championship in a few years time. 

It takes us , on average 8 years to get up from L1 !!!

Meanwhile Brentford score another four away from home  (so far ?)

1 minute ago, LoyalRed said:

Johnson was Lansdown’s appointment, Holden was Ashton’s I believe , yes 

Based on ?

16 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Simples.

His team recruit, his fitness gurus train, his medical team make assessments and recuperate, his manager selects, his coaches train. 

Injuries in the workplace are ultimately his responsibility. 

Of course  :dunno: ?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Based on my thoughts, I asked you the similar question also 

Well mine is based on Lansdowns previous choices and his prominent role in them and the fact that he has set out the clear ethos of his ‘vision’ and the fact that he was involved in the recruitment process with his son and Ashton

And the small fact he bankrolls the whole thing

So you think of the three , neither the Billionaire Owner , or his Chairman son wanted a Holden - It was their expensive laccy ?

OK then

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Well mine is based on Lansdowns previous choices and his prominent role in them and the fact that he has set out the clear ethos of his ‘vision’ and the fact that he was involved in the recruitment process with his son and Ashton

And the small fact he bankrolls the whole thing

So you think of the three , neither the Billionaire Owner , or his Chairman son wanted a Holden - It was their expensive laccy ?

OK then

I think they have let him run the ship yes 

Let’s get this right.Ashton is the CEO of a family business of which he is not a member.

Ashton is responsible for the day-to-day running of said business.

He does not make any major decisions without the sign-off of the owner that is an absolute certainty.

He can ‘spin’ the decisions to the owner and put his angle on them but ultimately he does what he is told.

Do not misunderstand, I despise the man and his persona but he is really not the problem, he is a YES man and is well rewarded for it.

He will soon be gone as I expect his ambitions lie in a role at the EFL or the PL BUT, his departure will change nothing.

The problem is an owner who believes that he can get PL football doing it his ‘way’. 

I have a huge respect for SL as a self-made man but on this one he is utterly wrong.

1 minute ago, LoyalRed said:

Thought we had some decent managers under SL, we were inches away from the Premiership 

We never made the Premiership. The amount of money the club have spent over the years including the cost of the academy, I would have expected Premiership football by now. 

I’ve always thought LJ was SLs appointment but have the impression that he expects MA to make recommendations which SL then signs off, giving SL his rightful veto.

I would guess that DH was a MA / JL appointment sanctioned by SL.

I may be miles out but that’s how I see it.

Clearly DH was not the right appointment and the ‘entertainment’ promised has not been delivered.

Whose fault that is may be immaterial but MA, as said before, runs BCFC so must be held accountable for this rubbish, shouldn’t he?

He’s “in charge of all football matters”. 

We don’t have a 1st Team Manager. 
We don’t have a Head of Recruitment. 
We don’t have a Chief Scout. 
We don’t have a Director of Football. 

We have 1 person who is in control of everything. So, when footballing performances and results are poor, the person who is self confessed “in charge of all football matters”, is surely the one who is responsible. 

Archived