IGNORED

Dean Holden post Cardiff

Jerseybean

16 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

To say he has told the players this game is a turning point is stupid. Saying it doesn’t make it so and you don’t say it after a bad loss!  But he told them it was a turning point after the Derby game as well!  Twice as stupid! 

By his own admission , He’s clearly ripped into them post match 

I don’t blame him , but it’s nearly always a watershed moment , it could be a turning point , but being blunt , it could be the beginning of the end

If he doesn’t get a response , or worse the players disengage he’s toast

(I say a bit from experience having managed at reasonable amateur level - You will be unsurprised Reading My posts but I didn’t mince my words , my weakness - occasionally got a response but ultimately it cost me immediately , or not long after)

To do it successfully , it’s ok as A Ferguson , Klopp even a Warnock who have the aura to do it - if you don’t it’s normally fatal

• Admin
3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

In his actual post match interview, he looked like a man who is close to being beaten.

Some awkward pauses there.

3 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Sounded like a beaten man today......

Question is - has SL/MA got the balls to admit they were wrong to appoint him? 

I for one, very much doubt it....

On a personal level it's awful to see someone in that situation 

Professionally I am amazed it took this long 

12 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I don’t blame him , but it’s nearly always a watershed moment , it could be a turning point , but being blunt , it could be the beginning of the end

(I say a bit from experience having managed at reasonable amateur level - You will be unsurprised Reading My posts but I didn’t mince my words , my weakness - occasionally got a response but ultimately it cost me immediately , or not long after)

To do it successfully , it’s ok as A Ferguson , Klopp even a Warnock who have the aura to do it - if you don’t it’s normally fatal

Who did you manage out of interest? 

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Well it can't be holden and when johnson left up until mcallister got sacked we had fight,

That's all gone  

There is no fight because I can bet you that not one single player in the dressing room believes that DH is the man for the job.

Rightly or wrongly, I doubt they believe and it's starting to show on the pitch. It happens so many times.

eWith LJ - he was crap but didn't get any sympathy (from me) because he continually bigged himself up as some kind of coaching maestro (Pep was asking me about my ideas).....but with Dean he's actually worse but it's horrible to watch as he's a decent guy but is  absolutely out of his depth and has no answers

21 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

You strike me as very  Alan Partiridge. I wouldn't say that under 7s is a reasonable amateur level Alan.

7 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

You strike me as very  Alan Partiridge. I wouldn't say that under 7s is a reasonable amateur level Alan.

Ha ha 

Ill leave you to your laughable ignorance and delusion 

Your knowledge is evidenced in your posts 

If I’d managed Under 7s I’d be asking if you fancied a game I would think

11 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

eWith LJ - he was crap but didn't get any sympathy (from me) because he continually bogged himself up as some kind of coaching maestro (Pep was asking me about my ideas).....but with Dean he's actually worse but it's horrible to watch as he's a decent guy but is  absolutely out of his depth and has no answers

It’s actually a fair point.

LJ was full of “the big I am”, in other words BS. He was deluded enough to believe he was far better and cleverer than he actually was. That’s what carried him thorough his awful runs.

Holden comes across as a decent bloke but who is horribly out of his depth and just doesn’t know how to improve things or turn them around. He has to say something after these horrible performances and bad results, and so falls back on the same things that he has said before, because he really can’t think of anything else to say without giving away how desperate it actually is.

Would DH resign? Maybe. Certainly more chance than LJ who gave the impression of having minimal self awareness.

Just now, The Constant Rabbit said:

It's not Holdens fault - it never was.

He knew he wasn't up to it - but this job sets him up for life.

Who here wouldn't have taken it.

It's Stephen 'my money' Lansdown's fault.

No one else's

Lansdown has zero interest in Football now - its the real estate and Bears.

As I have said previously what other club in the football league would have employed Holden? L2 clubs might consider him for an interview at a push, L1 clubs would have dismissed his application and Champ clubs wouldve laughed.....his only track record of management is getting binned from Oldham in a matter of months. 

And the rest of the Championship is laughing at us at what a state we've become.

Other club's and their managers aren't stupid.

Whoever's the Watford manager this week must be licking his lips at the thought of pitting his wits against our tactical magician next Saturday and already dreaming of the three points.

They are all starting to look forward to when they play us. Its that bad.

Dean must realise that he was a short term , cheap option to cover the role whilst COVID dictated that no fans can attend and turnover would be hit . Hence the 12 month contract .  He seriously needs to realise that this season now risks wrecking his future employability in the game as he’s been sent out like a lamb to the slaughter . Would be very rare in the modern era but if he is to protect his future prospects and retain his integrity he needs to walk now and retain control of his own departure . 

35 minutes ago, Swede said:

And the rest of the Championship is laughing at us at what a state we've become.

Other club's and their managers aren't stupid.

Whoever's the Watford manager this week must be licking his lips at the thought of pitting his wits against our tactical magician next Saturday and already dreaming of the three points.

They are all starting to look forward to when they play us. Its that bad.

Worse than Derby, Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday?

16 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Dean must realise that he was a short term , cheap option to cover the role whilst COVID dictated that no fans can attend and turnover would be hit . Hence the 12 month contract .  He seriously needs to realise that this season now risks wrecking his future employability in the game as he’s been sent out like a lamb to the slaughter . Would be very rare in the modern era but if he is to protect his future prospects and retain his integrity he needs to walk now and retain control of his own departure . 

Supposing we win Wednesday night- first manager since 1974 is it, to lead us to the Quarter finals of the FA Cup. ?

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Are these players he's torn into the same ones who all desperately wanted him as manager - and that's not a narrative, I remember for 48 hours they literally were all on social media liking and re-tweeting anything about the appointment, even Nahki Wells who barely mentions the club in those channels the rest of the time.

I had a horrible feeling at the time that it wasn't the best endorsement - of course it's great if players love their coach but ideally borne out of respect for their leadership and success like what Cotterill fostered as opposed to because he was a nice guy as a coach and you liked them as a person. We've all seen the story before.

If you've won the players endorsement by being a nice guy, then you're trading on that for continued loyalty, so probably not quite as easy to tear strips off them, and I don't think Holden is that kind of guy even if he says otherwise today. The story arc has gone full circle to 7 or 8 years ago with players holding the upper hand.

9 hours ago, Red Exile said:

I'm afraid Holden comes across as a rather boring chap, zero charisma. Utterly tedious to listen to. 

He's obviously, as predicted, a terrible appointment. The sooner he leaves the better.

And I’m afraid that I have to agree. If he talks like that in the dressing room I wouldn’t want to be a City player.

5 hours ago, Olé said:

Are these players he's torn into the same ones who all desperately wanted him as manager - and that's not a narrative, I remember for 48 hours they literally were all on social media liking and re-tweeting anything about the appointment, even Nahki Wells who barely mentions the club in those channels the rest of the time.

I had a horrible feeling at the time that it wasn't the best endorsement - of course it's great if players love their coach but ideally borne out of respect for their leadership and success like what Cotterill fostered as opposed to because he was a nice guy as a coach and you liked them as a person. We've all seen the story before.

If you've won the players endorsement by being a nice guy, then you're trading on that for continued loyalty, so probably not quite as easy to tear strips off them, and I don't think Holden is that kind of guy even if he says otherwise today. The story arc has gone full circle to 7 or 8 years ago with players holding the upper hand.

This was my exact thought process @Olé following the Derby loss. 

11 hours ago, JonDolman said:

As a person he really does seem like a fantastic guy and probably the most likeable city manager I can ever remember. So so desperate for him to be the one that succeeds here.

He has done some good, positive things but it's such a shame he seems to have lost the plot a bit in his decisions. 

The 352 at the start of the season I think was working so well and it's such a shame injuries meant he couldn't really continue making that work. 

Injuries have been a huge problem. But we still have a very decent squad of players and there looks no cohesion on the pitch. He is doing things that makes me think what is he seeing there in doing that. 

I wouldn't get rid now. But he needs to start demonstrating better coaching to be our head coach. 

Since when has being a fantastic guy been a qualification for being the manager

11 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

We go again, unfortunately its against Sheff Utd and like Millwall,Rotherham and Cardiff do LOVE a tackle so it doesn't bode well for our bunch of lightweights.

Cant see anything but a heavy defeat, witch will be a nice warm up for Watford at the weekend.

We beat Millwall though

It's winnable, I dont see a heavy defeat though I wouldnt be surprised if we lost.

Cant see past a Watford win though

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Didn't say it was. That's why I said he has to do better 

he can not do better. I have said this for months. we win a couple and everyone gets excited. We then play like crap. DH has not put together a consistent squad, he has not the experience. There are lots of media reports hat he read the riot act to the players after the defeat yesterday. And so he should. However DH should have never been appointed in the first place. Reports that he is a fantastic guy does not wash with me. I agree with red exiles comments "as soon as he leaves the better" 

Failure to improve this month will surely stir The Boss over the channel, DH should never have been put in the position hes in, very poor choice by SL and his sidekick MA:doh:

Archived