IGNORED

Felt absolutely nothing!

tunnie12345

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

We were decent in the first half - the 2nd 45 mins though? ?‍♂️

A better side gained control and outplayed us? Wondered about the subs and timing of them though.  A better side eventually got the upper hand over us however- they are 20 unbeaten for a reason.

Brentford came on strong- we still scored a goal albeit an offside one- the point is though that as a 90 mins that was much better than today or Derby IMO.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Brentford came on strong- we still scored a goal albeit an offside one- the point is though that as a 90 mins that was much better than today or Derby IMO.

Let’s see where we are at the end of Feb......bottom half and c.6/7 points above the bottom three is my guess

Surely be a supporter is about the thick and thin. This isn’t Man City where not winning every game is a disaster. It makes the good times better. I mean not knowing we had a game on - even when we were bottom of league 1 you stick with it. 

Yes it isn’t great at the moment but it’s been far worse. Going back to league 1 under both GJ and SOD the same comments about nothing will change whilst SL etc is here. Yet the next season they did. It’s the usual OTIB over reaction. 

3 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Surely be a supporter is about the thick and thin. This isn’t Man City where not winning every game is a disaster. It makes the good times better. I mean not knowing we had a game on - even when we were bottom of league 1 you stick with it. 

Yes it isn’t great at the moment but it’s been far worse. Going back to league 1 under both GJ and SOD the same comments about nothing will change whilst SL etc is here. Yet the next season they did. It’s the usual OTIB over reaction. 

Actually don’t think it has been worse in terms of entertainment at least. We were crap in Division 4 in the 80s but it was entertaining crap! 

2 minutes ago, hollydog said:

Actually don’t think it has been worse in terms of entertainment at least. We were crap in Division 4 in the 80s but it was entertaining crap! 

It has - seen many worse games and periods even since I’ve been going (early 90s).

In fact we had many games like this just like last season under LJ. It’s hardly something new. 

I have never felt so disconnected with football in general.

If I can't go to watch a game at all, I sort of lose the passion. Watching tv matches at empty stadia is also meh.

I read that pubs may reopen without serving alcohol which I'd put in the same category. As the OP states- it's a general response to Covid.

It's not even about the performances all The time. I have great memories of player manager tinnion days. Yes the football was also shit then. However as a fan you felt like part of the club. 

Now it feels like we're just customers and not supporters. 

It honestly feels like this year was always going to just be a stop gap. Especially while fans were not allowed in. Just hire the cheap option and push on once the pandemic is over.

If that was the idea then fine. However at least be honest with us instead of telling us he's the right man for the job. 

Watching lansdown and Ashton is  like going to the races and constantly backing the 10/1  in the hope of a big profit. Then when the odds on favourite wins every time they don't seem to understand where they are going wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I have never felt so disconnected with football in general.

If I can't go to watch a game at all, I sort of lose the passion. Watching tv matches at empty stadia is also meh.

I read that pubs may reopen without serving alcohol which I'd put in the same category. As the OP states- it's a general response to Covid.

PUBS without beer sounds like the way forward.

Keep me in my house until Death.

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Today I went for a walk with the family around Leigh Woods and didn’t bother checking the city score until half time.

Lucky you live in Leigh Woods,  how about the others who arent so lucky. Was it busy with your neighbours?

33 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

It has - seen many worse games and periods even since I’ve been going (early 90s).

In fact we had many games like this just like last season under LJ. It’s hardly something new. 

I can’t agree with the LJ comments- we were never poor for 25 games in a row. Can’t remember a season in which we haven’t scored 3 come February. Indeed I can’t remember a season in which we haven’t played well for 90 mins come February! (I’ve been going since 1971). 

Until recently, for more decades than I care to remember, losing on a Saturday would ruin the weekend, probably the Monday and Tuesday after. 

A goal scored against us would be like a punch in the stomach. 

I’d get anxious when Jeff said ‘let’s go to Ashton Gate, a goal, but who’s it for’. 

Beginning not to care much now. 

Thanks Ashton for killing my life long enthusiasm for and pride in my Club.

Since I was about 6 I lived and breathed City. Ceefax, Teletext, bought the post for any news, looking at the Sunday papers on my paper round for write ups, maybe even ratings if we were doing well.

Into the digital revolution, information at my fingertips and you know what, over the last 2 or 3 years I can't even be arsed to follow city on twitter anymore. We've brought in, backed and developed a structure with Ashton but for me it's had zero positive impact, if anything, the polar opposite. Why are we persisting with it,? Yes a few paydays , manure and City in the cup and £ for Bobby, Joe and Webster but so little excitement for so long.

Too long now with no identity, with no passion, with no fight. 

I feel like I can't be arsed anymore.... but still care too much?

2 hours ago, tunnie12345 said:

After seeing today's result, I felt absolutely nothing... Wasn't sad, angry or even gutted.  To be Honest I didn't even remember we were playing until after the result. 

Normally my heart would sink at a result like this. 

Yes it probably has something to do with covid, however I really feel the club have a huge job on their hands to get people happy to come back and watch the club willingly. 

The club and fans have never been further apart and it is really worrying right now. 

Well you obviously ain't got Bristol City running through your veins like some of us have then. I'm 'kin fuming about that sham of a performance today.

49 minutes ago, Red Shadow said:

Well you obviously ain't got Bristol City running through your veins like some of us have then. I'm 'kin fuming about that sham of a performance today.

Well if you look at a lot of the reply on this post you will see that many people feel the same! Do they also not have city running through the veins? 

To me when that many fans are concerned about the connection between the club and its supporters, it shows there is something fundamentally wrong with the way the club is being ran. 

If a player is constantly putting in shit performances costing us success they are often removed from the starting line up. Yet when the owners and Ashton etc are constantly making mistake after mistake effectively costing us success we are convinced to blindly accept it as part of the ride of supporting city. 

2 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Eh? SOD came in with five months of the season left and relegated us as we finished bottom of the championship - then he was sacked after four months of the next season when we were bottom of league one - yet you say people posted comments back then about how ‘nothing will change’ but then you say ‘the next season they did’ - how did things change the next season under SOD? We went from bottom of the championship to bottom of league one???!

15 minutes ago, tunnie12345 said:

Well if you look at a lot of the reply on this post you will see that many people feel the same! Do they also not have city running through the veins? 

To me when that many fans are concerned about the connection between the club and its supporters, it shows there is something fundamentally wrong with the way the club is being ran. 

If a player is constantly putting in shit performances costing us success they are often removed from the starting line up. Yet when the owners and Ashton etc are constantly making mistake after mistake effectively costing us success we are convinced to blindly accept it as part of the ride of supporting city. 

My post may have come across as somewhat terse. Thing is I endured the slide from Div 1 to Div 4 before the renaissance under TC. Owners, managers and players come and go but we, the fans  are constant. I have never not known who we are playing next. I have also never felt nothing when we lose. Perhaps I take it all too seriously but I feel I just cannot abandon the club no matter how bad it treats me. Maybe I'm odd.

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Eh? SOD came in with five months of the season left and relegated us as we finished bottom of the championship - then he was sacked after four months of the next season when we were bottom of league one - yet you say people posted comments back then about how ‘nothing will change’ but then you say ‘the next season they did’ - how did things change the next season under SOD? We went from bottom of the championship to bottom of league one???!

My point is that people said nothing will change if you sack manager under SL when SOD and GJ were here and we were bottom of league one. Yet things did change quickly in both circumstances (one changing manager and one not). Things can change quickly in football and we got promoted soon after being bottom of league one.

4 hours ago, tunnie12345 said:

After seeing today's result, I felt absolutely nothing... Wasn't sad, angry or even gutted.  To be Honest I didn't even remember we were playing until after the result. 

Normally my heart would sink at a result like this. 

Yes it probably has something to do with covid, however I really feel the club have a huge job on their hands to get people happy to come back and watch the club willingly. 

The club and fans have never been further apart and it is really worrying right now. 

If you didn't know we were playing on a Saturday at 3pm (or any time around the weekend) or who we were playing... Then it's not really that much of a statement that you weren't bothered by the result...

Glad you felt the need to most your indifference on here though. Very insightful, thanks. 

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If you didn't know we were playing on a Saturday at 3pm (or any time around the weekend) or who we were playing... Then it's not really that much of a statement that you weren't bothered by the result...

Glad you felt the need to most your indifference on here though. Very insightful, thanks. 

More for the fact I'm now working nights after losing my job because of covid... Add to that every day feeling exactly the same because of lockdown. Sorry that I'm not always clued up on what the exact date and time are. Thanks for your concern tho! 

1 minute ago, tunnie12345 said:

More for the fact I'm now working nights after losing my job because of covid... Add to that every day feeling exactly the same because of lockdown. Sorry that I'm not always clued up on what the exact date and time are. Thanks for your concern tho! 

Don't go getting all. Over sensitive and sactamonious about you circumstances, when you've not provided them as background to why you didn't know the day/date/time. 

I'm sorry for anyone who's lost out due to the times we find ourselves in, myself included. 

Your post related it purely to not even knowing that we had a game... 

Perhaps if there were other reasons, then you answered your own reason for lack of knowledge, rather than laying it all at the door of the team (despite how bad today was) 

Archived