IGNORED

Mike Dean - West Ham Sending Off

Cardy

18 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

C'mon. Over the years he's been one of Man United's best assets....

From that game in the week you'd have to ask why his name doesn't appear on their payroll? There were at least five major, incorrect decisions that, strangely, all went in Manure's favour.

He probably thought 'if I stand here for long enough and review more times than is actually necessary and get out the red card that is burning an absolute hole in my pocket, then I can be the top trender on twitter and get people talking about me - I do so love being the centre of attention'.

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Two in a row. Needs to be given a "re-education" course in what constitutes "twatting someone with intent" before being allowed to officiate again.

And to be able to recognise the difference between a dive and a red carded penalty , having watched a replay numerous times , and in slow motion on the monitor

(Martial penalty in week)

He also , as a Premier League Referee doesn’t know the rules as he initially awarded only a penalty 

He then compounds that by not only having reviewed it by still giving the penalty , and thus remembering at that point it had to be a red card.Maybe he had too much too think about that he missed the dive ..... on well...

Unbelievable 

As for Saturdays debacle , Apparently the Soucek decision was referred back to him by the fourth official to look at Souceks clenched fist (Wtf has his hand closed or open got to do with an (accidental) elbow 

Wholly Incompetent and embarrassing 

31 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

And to be able to recognise the difference between a dive and a red carded penalty , having watched a replay numerous times , and in slow motion on the monitor

(Martial penalty in week)

He also , as a Premier League Referee doesn’t know the rules as he initially awarded only a penalty 

He then compounds that by not only having reviewed it by still giving the penalty , and thus remembering at that point it had to be a red card.Maybe he had too much too think about that he missed the dive ..... on well...

Unbelievable 

As for Saturdays debacle , Apparently the Soucek decision was referred back to him by the fourth official to look at Souceks clenched fist (Wtf has his hand closed or open got to do with an (accidental) elbow 

Wholly Incompetent and embarrassing 

See how much power you can get elbowing someone with an open hand, that will give you the answer to that one. Then clench your fist and see how much more power you can get!! 

Its something officials will be aware of, even if you aren’t! 

12 minutes ago, grifty said:

Now his family is getting death threats. People take football far too seriously.

Not sure why Mitrovic is getting away with it. If the red is rescinded, he should be banned for a game for diving.

Indeed - Mitrovic is just as much at fault as the clueless officials, diving ***!

20 minutes ago, grifty said:

Now his family is getting death threats. People take football far too seriously.

Not sure why Mitrovic is getting away with it. If the red is rescinded, he should be banned for a game for diving.

In one. It’s the diving cheating footballers who are creating these situations in the first place. When will a manager have the balls to call out his or the opposing teams players for cheating??. The answer........they won’t, because is far easier to slag off the officials. Then the lynch mobs come along........... the same ones who have never ever officiated in a football match their entire life......... but know, and can do everything better?

49 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

See how much power you can get elbowing someone with an open hand, that will give you the answer to that one. Then clench your fist and see how much more power you can get!! 

Its something officials will be aware of, even if you aren’t! 

Strange that a lot of the best martial artists use an open palm then

I know you are , understandably a defender of referees , and often rightly so

But Dean and his fourth officials this week ?

Youre defending the indefensible

No place at all for abhorrent threats but, Mike Dean really does lend himself to controversy.

For me personally, I do not think people like him should be officiating our game.

He enjoys the controversy far too much & appears to 'celebrate' awarding penaltys from time to time.

The weekend's events were incompetence of the highest order but that is Mike Dean for you. Lee Mason operating VAR - just ask Nuno about him?!

Taxi for Mike Dean & not before time.

First and foremost any threat like that to someone simply doing their job in refereeing a football game is despicable, however who wants to get some tin foil out to make a hat...... As horrible as it is to say it, in all his years of refereeing does anyone really believe he hasn't received similar threats? Given the FA has said he'll be sitting out a couple of weekends due to the threats against him he's had the 2 incorrect VAR decisions brushed under the carpet and is out the limelight for a couple of weeks.

38 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

First and foremost any threat like that to someone simply doing their job in refereeing a football game is despicable, however who wants to get some tin foil out to make a hat...... As horrible as it is to say it, in all his years of refereeing does anyone really believe he hasn't received similar threats? Given the FA has said he'll be sitting out a couple of weekends due to the threats against him he's had the 2 incorrect VAR decisions brushed under the carpet and is out the limelight for a couple of weeks.

I think it's also his family who have been targeted and contacted with the threats. Mike Dean might not be bothered about the threats to him, but to his family might change his viewpoint.

I expect it was by someone who lost 3 points from having Soucek in their dream team too...

2 minutes ago, grifty said:

I think it's also his family who have been targeted and contacted with the threats. Mike Dean might not be bothered about the threats to him, but to his family might change his viewpoint.

I expect it was by someone who lost 3 points from having Soucek in their dream team too...

Why'd you have to bring that up I only transferred him in the day before ?

Oh yeah its completely understandable when family is involved and I'd expect nothing less then doing whats right by his family. I was just suggesting I was surprised some moron hadn't gone that far before.

The rules for red cards and VAR are interesting:

The VAR will also check for possible red-card incidents for which the on-field referee has awarded a yellow card or no card at all.

The VAR will look to identify a “clear and obvious error”.

The on-field referee will explain his decision to the VAR and what he has seen.

If the evidence provided to the VAR by the broadcast footage does not accord with what the referee believes he has seen, then the VAR can recommend an overturn.

The final decision will remain with the on-field referee.

So pretend that you are Mike Dean.  The bleep goes and VAR are saying that they have identified a possible 'clear and obvious error.'  After the week that you have had you think "Oh xxxx not again."  You explain to the VAR that you didn't see anything wrong, and they say 'Ah you need to review the footage.' Once again you think "Oh xxxx not again."  You review the footage again and again, and can't see anything wrong.  Then the VAR says 'I think that you should overturn your decision and issue a red card.' You reply "I don't see anything wrong.' and they reply (not backing down so they don't look like clowns) "On your head be it, but we will report it as a 'clear and obvious error' that we reccomended you overturned but you refused.  But of course it is your final decision .... "

1 minute ago, Midred said:

What happened to the advice/rule that a player identified as diving should be carded - how often do you seen that now. Is it just easier to book the other player? Do teams identify the referees that they can "con" and play accordingly?

Should potentially apply in this situation, the action got the player sent off, like Bailey Wright being pushed to the floor there was contact between Wright and Camara just the FA deemed not enough and had conned the referee, Mitrovic's actions could easily be seen as similar.

4 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Strange that a lot of the best martial artists use an open palm then

I know you are , understandably a defender of referees , and often rightly so

But Dean and his fourth officials this week ?

Youre defending the indefensible

I thought we were talking about elbows though!

I haven’t defended the decision, but I can see why he came to the conclusion he did, rightly or wrongly.

6 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

In one. It’s the diving cheating footballers who are creating these situations in the first place. When will a manager have the balls to call out his or the opposing teams players for cheating??. The answer........they won’t, because is far easier to slag off the officials. Then the lynch mobs come along........... the same ones who have never ever officiated in a football match their entire life......... but know, and can do everything better?

Agree with you on this, but think that if the losing manager made the comment then they'd just be called a sore loser.

I'd love to see commentators start calling out diving instead..

"He's felt contact" - dived

"He's entitled to go down" - dived

"He's anticipated the contact" - dived

"He's won the free kick" - dived 

"Used his experience" - dived

"It's good game management" - dived 

"He's just waited 'till he felt the contact" - dived

Million more bit can't think of them now ?

• Admin
2 hours ago, Loïs said:

Agree with you on this, but think that if the losing manager made the comment then they'd just be called a sore loser.

I'd love to see commentators start calling out diving instead..

"He's felt contact" - dived

"He's entitled to go down" - dived

"He's anticipated the contact" - dived

"He's won the free kick" - dived 

"Used his experience" - dived

"It's good game management" - dived 

"He's just waited 'till he felt the contact" - dived

Million more bit can't think of them now ?

I'd love to see the 4th official linked to the PA system (like rugby union referees) and show the player who dived, a replay, which is simultaneously shown on the big screen (Anfield and Old Trafford should catch up)

Everyone in the ground can see what a cheat he was and ask him where the contact was made. 

Archived